Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann c3???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tippmann c3???
    Posted: 22 October 2005 at 12:12pm

well i got the email today, sayign that the tippmann c3 is now available, and at first i didnt believe rumors of a propane powered marker, but here it is. who in gods name would even want a propane powered marker?! and its a pump marker, not even semi-automatic!!! its extremely flammable, not to mention that fields probably arent going to get propane fill stations for obvious reasons (too expensive, dangerous, ect)..... anyway, comment back, share your thoughts and opinions on this marker

-Paul

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 12:16pm
erm...Paintball Ideas?

since it new and such, of course people are gonna want to try it. Propane will eventually be a t fields if the guns become really popular in game play. times change. deal with it.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 12:17pm
who needs fills when you get 50 thou shots?
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 12:18pm
It does seem cool, just wish they wouldn't have made it a pump.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 12:22pm
so do you guys think the propaneis gonna be a hit or miss? i mean do you think other gun companies will create other propane powered guns too?
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 12:28pm
well... lets see... it's the first gun of it's type and tippmann had to start somewhere ie: pump. they probably are working on a way for the propane to reset the bolt so that semi auto would be possible. fields won't necessarily have to have fill stations, but rather extra propane tanks laying around because the gun gets 50k shots per tank. and that's even if they rent em... if they're not renting em... then they won't have to have the fills anyway because the majority of the people aren't going to have these.

at a chemical stand point.... i believe the co2 and compressed air tanks are more dangerous than a propane tank. granted propane is flammable, it is stored at a way lower pressure and if i have my facts straight, isn't affected by outside temperatures as much as co2.

tippmann engineers aren't stupid... i can guarantee that they are working on integrating this propane technology into semi-auto. until then... ya got a pump that can get 50 thousand shots off of one fill... that i find amazing
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 12:28pm
I doubt they can if tippmann patented things right.

It would be very difficult to make a semiauto marker that runs off of propane the same way the c-3 does. The C-3 uses a spark plug to ignite the propane to shoot the ball out of the breech. They made it a pump so that it would be safe to use so they wouldn't be sued.
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 1:41pm
I see what your saying, but honestly, unless Tippmann just wanted to be the first ones on the ball, they should have just kept egineering until they found the way to make a semi.

There's really not alot of demand for pumps....
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
BearClaw View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 2:05pm
Hate to brake it to ya but Pumps are FAR from dead.

Their are thousands of pump player and even dedicated pump games and turnys. 

Now the current pump offerings (NEW) were CCI Phantom, ACI Maveric/Traccer,CCM Pumps, Palmers Pumps, PGP, Sniper II.

Current semi Markers offerings would take WAY to lo to type em all. 

So IF a player wishes to buy a pump gun their are very few choices relitvly compared to that of the semi equalling a very good slice of a market if a new pump is introduced by a trusted company.

Add to all that the fact that pump play is actually on the rise due to the rampant cheating and general disshonesty and overshooting now the norm for the electronic semis. 

And if all this was not enouh this is not just another pump but also brings a revelution to the game of a new fuel source offeriung ALOT more efficany and value.  Along with soime added safty of not haveing 4500psi under your arm. 

AGD 68 Automag
Azodin KPII
Sheridan PGP2K
Tippmann Crossover XVR
Tippmann ProCarbine
Tippmann SL68-II
Tippmann TiPX
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 3:01pm
Why bother filling the tank if you can buy a new one at walmart for $6.

I imagine they have alread in the works for a semi, probly even about the time they came up with the idea for the C3.

Tippmann is most likely way more ahead of us than we think.

This is a great start to a new era in paintball.
Will I buy one, maybe, if I can scrounge enough money, and sell my other guns.

Until then, I shall await the reviews.

EDIT: On review of the manual, I have to say, Im not likeing the electronics. Owell.

Edited by Monk
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 5:41pm
well i appreciate your input, and i apologize for being one of the many threads on the c3, while i respect your opinions, i still stand by my co2....what can i say, im just stubborn haha
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 5:43pm
You don't refill those propane things, you buy new ones when they run out, like 12g co2 canisters.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 5:45pm

WHY!!!!!

(c-3 thread #16...)

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

M98Ranger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M98Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 6:06pm

I don't know whats worse, making a thread about something that is interesting even though there have been many others written, or going through and systematically counting them.

M98C,Blue,E-bolt,Polished internals,TriggerPullMod, HopperShakeMod,BlowbackMod,MilledRearSight,RedDotSight,Rich2 K,EvilPipe,CompLPS,CPReg,BSPBladetrigger,DropForward,Stainle ssScrewSet,DyeGrips,Nitro
M98Ranger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M98Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 6:09pm

Originally posted by Heres To You Heres To You wrote:

I see what your saying, but honestly, unless Tippmann just wanted to be the first ones on the ball, they should have just kept egineering until they found the way to make a semi.

There's really not alot of demand for pumps....

In order to secure their patent on the C3 system they had to market it otherwise the patent wouldn't hold water and other patent breakers would find ways to allow their companies to use the technology.  Its simple business.

Edited by M98Ranger
M98C,Blue,E-bolt,Polished internals,TriggerPullMod, HopperShakeMod,BlowbackMod,MilledRearSight,RedDotSight,Rich2 K,EvilPipe,CompLPS,CPReg,BSPBladetrigger,DropForward,Stainle ssScrewSet,DyeGrips,Nitro
IrIsHGunNeR37 View Drop Down
"Pockets"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrIsHGunNeR37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 6:12pm

seems how this the first marker they have even tried propane with it would be kind of stupid to just jump right to a semi-auto marker. Its going to take some time to work out the kinks and ideas on how to set the propane up to be used in a semi-auto marker. I think propane is a great idea since youdo get more shots.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
-Ambrose Redmoon
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 6:21pm
I'm glad Tippmann decided to make a pump again. If you haven't tried pump play, I strongly reccommend it. I seriously think I'm going to start playing pump from now on. It's fun to play against semi's.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic