Abortion/ Goverment power debate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abortion/ Goverment power debate.
    Posted: 15 November 2005 at 2:03pm
That should be a non issue. It was conducted by a student. Not a state official.
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 1:59pm
darkSIDEofMOON View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Language/Disrespect 9/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkSIDEofMOON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 12:08am

Originally posted by aGUYnamedLARRY aGUYnamedLARRY wrote:

Originally posted by Mephistopheles Mephistopheles wrote:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Abortion sucks.

Quite literally! And they tickle.

Okay, maybe I look at all of this issue in a really simplified way. But then again I live by KISS. Both the acronym and the music.

Here's how I look at it. Is it your life? No? Then don't force your beliefs onto people.

Oh you don't believe people should be having abortions? Think it's wrong? Okay then... don't have one. And go on with your own life and butt out of others'. Done and done.

We have too many people in this world as it is, the # of zygotes aborted isn't going to dent these numbers. We're climbing by, worldwide, another 1 billion faces every 10-12 years. Abortions are the last thing I need to worry about. I'm worred more about the exact opposite.

Actualy,  some old guy  who lives near my house calculated that every living person could fit onto rhode island with 6 square feet surrounding them.  Don't wanna believe it?  do the math.

******off topi**edited******

just wanted to correct you. 

1)  if you take everyone in all the contients in the world and fit them into america they would fit easily.  land is NOT the problem.

2)  the problem is ecological footprints.  the amount of resources consumed by a person, city, country or whatever.  right now, at current stages we are running out.  it is the fact that countries are slowly becoming less third world and more modern...some.  china might become like america only with billions of people.  that is alot of mouths to feed. 

3)  you should be worried about overpopulation rather then religious affairs.  religion doesn't do anything in our government.  we need to change our government or the planet will be a huge mess by the time our kids need it.  CO2 levels are at 370ppm right now with a natural balance that should be as high as 270ppm (according to ice core samples).  estimates state that by the year 2040-50 that level will be at 800ppm.  now the effects are warmer weather, no ice caps, massive tropical storms and a slew of other stuff. 

here is something to think about...

- at the end of the ice age there (12,000 years ago) was about 5-10 million humans on the earth.

- 2000 years ago population was around 250 million

- in 1850 the world population was 1 billion

- today there is 6.5 billion

now think of it this way...

the bulk of human population growth has taken place in less than 1/10 of a percent of human history.

from the beginning of life on earth, it took 4.5 billion years for the planet to produce 2 billion people

the next 2 billion arrived 46 years later

the third 2 billion took just 22 years to produce

question:
300,000 people died last year of stavation, how long did it take to replace those who died?

answer:
22hours.

when homo sapiens passed the six billion mark, the species exceeded by perhaps as much as 100 times that biomass of any large animal species that ever existed on the land.

human growth resembles that of bacterial growth rates.

question:
a scientist places one bacteria in a petri dish at 9am. the bacteria can reproduce at a rate that doubles its population every minute. the scientist observes that the petri dish is completely full at 10am. at what time did the petri dish reach 1/2 full?

answer:
9:59am

-if everyone in the world consumed the amount an american does, we would need 4 planet earths to sustain everyone.

-the water that is given from the colorado river to the 7 states that use it, was derived from a compact made in 1922 based off the flow of the river 15 prior to the compact. those 15 years were unusually wet.

-the richest 1% of people in the world have as much wealth as the bottom 57%

-the richest 25% of the world's population receives 75% of the world's income.

-of the world's 6 billion people, more than 1.2 billion live on less than $1 per day.

if we could shrink the earth's population to a village of 100 people, with the ratios currently the same, this is how the village would look:

57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Western Hemisphere (north and south america) and 8 Africans.

70 would be nonwhite
70 would be non-christian
50% of the worlds wealth would be in the hands of only 6 people
70 would be unable to read or write
8 would be homeless or in substandard housing
1 would have a college education

by 2050 many predict that the world's population with reach 12.5 billion people. they do say that it could reach only 7.6 billion if precauctions are taken.

pray that your god makes us stop using up the resources we have left...cuz i don't think he/she/it will.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:35pm
Psh. I didnt even read your whole post. Good and bad are relative. I decided my beleifes a long time ago. Just because im not going to submit to your beleifs doesnt mean im going with the flow.
amishman89 View Drop Down
Wow if I’d have a TITLE it woud be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:25pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Originally posted by amishman89 amishman89 wrote:

First off Iam 16 and thats not true. You are streotyping all teenage kids. Unlike other people I like to stick with my values. I dont sway with a "crowd". Personally from what I have read from your other posts I thought you would be more professional about this subject.

By sticking with your "values" you are swaying with a crowd. Everyone sways with a crowd weather you realize it or not.

I am being profesional about it, but im also giving it a sense of humor. You cant be too serious about anything, ig you are, you will be pretty miserable throughout your life.       

Make up your own mind. If you are with a girl and you have feelings for her, protect yourself and have at it.

Nothing bad will happen to you, and you will learn a lot about yourself that your parents cant tell you and you cant read about.

Dont critisize someothing you havent experienced.

Nothing bad?? Oh I guess Ill just have at it?? Iam not sure what kind of "humor" you are be bringing to this convesation becuase it wasnt that funny. Oh yes I have made up my mind and I stated to you what my mind is made. I guess you are the kind of person that does what ever everyone else is doing.huh? Well there are pepole out there few and far between that decide on their own values are and its sad really that people dont decide on good ones like saving sex for marriage. By the way I have a great sense of humor and I dont think because of my post you can decide what kind of person Iam. I also think I have a wonderful life, a loving family which is not divorce(not saying divorce families are not loving), they both have jobs, not dependent on the government for welfare and other crap like that. Dont judge me if you dont know me. You are  getting all docter phil on me.

Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:18pm

First off Iam 16 and thats not true. You are streotyping all teenage kids. Unlike other people I like to stick with my values. I dont sway with a "crowd". Personally from what I have read from your other posts I thought you would be more professional about this subject.

By sticking with your "values" you are swaying with a crowd. Everyone sways with a crowd weather you realize it or not.

I am being profesional about it, but im also giving it a sense of humor. You cant be too serious about anything, ig you are, you will be pretty miserable throughout your life.

Make up your own mind. If you are with a girl and you have feelings for her, protect yourself and have at it.

Nothing bad will happen to you, and you will learn a lot about yourself that your parents cant tell you and you cant read about.

Dont critisize someothing you havent experienced.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:18pm

So anyways the whole point is not to have premarital sex. that is the best protection.

Married folk have abortions too...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:16pm

In case nobody's noticed but girls/women are kind of MADE to have kids,  if their bodys couldn't handle it then why would they have the ability?

Does your homeschooling involve any actual biology books?

Quote Chances are  both mother and child will live every time.

Why roll the dice?  In some parts of Africa mothers die in childbirth one out of 16 births.  Even in the US, the average is about 1 death in 3500 births or so.

And that's just deaths.  Incontinence - both kinds - is a fairly common result of delivery.  And if you don't think that's a big deal, you never tried it.  There are also a variety of other health problems that often result from childbirth.  Delivery is a major trauma on the body, not just something women were "made to do".  Look up "episiotomy" while you are researching.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:10pm

People who are old enough that it would risk the life of them and their possible child shouldn't have sex.

I would just like to preserve this statement for posterity.

Quote Cats?  Dude,  cats are off topic but I'll answer it anyways.
I think cats are fine how they are,  leave them alone.
If they're causing trouble there's no law in either state or religion  that says you cannot kill the cat.

Cats are not off topic.  Since you appear to be unwilling to check the filename like I said, allow me to do it for you.  This fetus, that you said was too human to abort:

is a CAT fetus (technically embryo still).  Just because something looks human doesn't make it human.  Practically every mammal looks virtually indistinguishable to the untrained at this stage of pregnancy.  For comparison, here is an actual human embryo:

Look pretty similar, don't they...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:08pm
   First off Iam 16 and thats not true. You are streotyping all teenage kids. Unlike other people I like to stick with my values. I dont sway with a "crowd". Personally from what I have read from your other posts I thought you would be more professional about this subject.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:02pm

So anyways the whole point is not to have premarital sex. that is the best protection. Niether condoms or birth control work 100%. If a couple truely loves each other then you will wait for that special wedding night. The reasons dont have to worry about a 1 night stand. And if both you and your spouse have been abstent then you dont have to worry about any HIVs or AIDs. Both will care about the baby and the stress is not about how your going to afford the baby.And child support. Sorry if you guys dont like me preach'in but its the truth. Tell me any other full proof method. Think'in... well heres the answer there is none. If you flame me that means your too immature on this touchy subject.

You just wait till you meet a girl thats really hot and likes you. You sound like you are about 15. Once you turn 18 or so and if you have a girl like that, your mind will change in about the time it takes for your, well, your mind will change.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:54pm

So anyways the whole point is not to have premarital sex. that is the best protection. Niether condoms or birth control work 100%. If a couple truely loves each other then you will wait for that special wedding night. The reasons dont have to worry about a 1 night stand. And if both you and your spouse have been abstent then you dont have to worry about any HIVs or AIDs. Both will care about the baby and the stress is not about how your going to afford the baby.And child support. Sorry if you guys dont like me preach'in but its the truth. Tell me any other full proof method. Think'in... well heres the answer there is none. If you flame me that means your too immature on this touchy subject.

cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:49pm

Dude,  if you had made the girl pregnant,  that's YOUR problem that YOU MADE,  just cause all of a sudden life gets hard because of some little kid that YOU PUT THERE  doesn't mean you can take the selfish losers way out of it by killing the kid. 
If I ever get myself into that kind of mess I'll deal with it,  and I'll take pictures of the child AND the girl  to prove it to you.
I'm not saying I'll be stupid enough to go get a girl pregnant but if I did I'd handle it the right way.

This is the reason the church doesn't want sex before marriage,  cause a bunch of stupid lazy little punks like yourself go get someone pregnant and then kill the innocent baby.

my Ex girlfriend didnt have an abortion, she had the child, and i did what i could till her grandmother intervened, which lead to the state steping in and court was inevitable. i was found not to be the father (which i kinda thought from the begining since dates didnt match up) anyway shes now a year and 4 months, i saw her about a month ago. i was ready to be a father, emothionaly, finacialy no because of my age, i did how ever have clothing and other items for her, which where givin to my Ex after the results where in. 

I was using MY life, as a living example to the "kids dont think about the consequences" senerio which you would have realized had you read the rest of my post. it just so happened that my experiance changed my opinion on abortion.

i honestly regret having sex, can i change it? no it already happened. i can how ever prevent it from happening again, condoms and other forms of birth controle are out there, but abstinance is the only way to prevent it 100%.

Edited by cadet_sergeant
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:46pm

Than that old guy needs to buy a calculator. The people in china alone would overcrowd long island.

I said do the math, he never said everybody could LIVE there but they could all fit with a little room left over.

K, we each take up about one square foot of space just standing there, well, thats how much i take up. Others take up more. There are how many billions of people on the planet earth? Thare arent enough square feet in long island or wherever to hold everyone. Not by a sight.
Mephistopheles View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:40pm
Quote Actualy,  some old guy  who lives near my house calculated
that every living person could fit onto rhode island with 6 square feet
surrounding them.  Don't wanna believe it?  do the math.

Maybe you don't quite get it. Right now, 6.5 BILLION people.

By the end of THIS decade, 7 BILLION.

It's a thing called natural resources. Non-renewable resources. Guess what is disappearing really quickly?

And people think an issue like "abortions" really matter. Ha.
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:38pm

Than that old guy needs to buy a calculator. The people in china alone would overcrowd long island.

I said do the math,  he never said everybody could LIVE there but they could all fit with a little room left over.
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by cadet_sergeant cadet_sergeant wrote:

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Ok, I can't stay out of it anymore.

Here's my opinion, and there is no changing it.

Abortion should only be allowed in 2 cases.
One- The girl was raped.
Two- The baby would be born with some sort of disease (Down Syndrome, etc)or it threatens the mother

BUT if the girl gets preg. from consentual sex, then it's her fault.

If you're old enough to decide to have sex, you're old enough to live with the consenquences.

"But the condom broke" "But the pills didn't work"

So what, you still chose to do it, and you chose to accept the risk of doing it. End of story.

(Thanks Impulse, forgot about that part. yes if it would have some sort of detrimental health defect for the mother too.)

i thought we established eirlier that the mental copasity of young teens was limited to the present and not so much the future, meaning that they think about the action there doing rather than "if i do this i might be a dad/mother".

now that i've been threw court for blood testing my opinion has changed on the subject of abortion. when i was 15 my girlfriend was with child, it tore me apart, i became quite ill and lost nearly 20 pounds form throwing up. it made me grow up quick. she had the baby on my 16th birthday 7-10-04 at 11pm, i got a call around 3am with her telling me she had a healthy little girl, i was half asleep but i remember that conversation. the next morning i woke up and went to the hospital, i held that child for nearly 4 hours. well time passed and we ended up in court, i had to take a 3 hour class at a college about parenting and crap. anyways i took a blood test, waited 7 and a half weeks, i remember where i was the day my mom called me and told me the news from the lawer, i was not the father, i was in D.C. standing in line to buy a t-shirt, i thought i may have wet myself, i was so excited. since then my opinion on abortion has changed i also have not been sexualy active in over 25 months. just my story for the day.

i used to think just the way you do linus, guess that experiance changed my opinion on that, life does things like that....

Dude,  if you had made the girl pregnant,  that's YOUR problem that YOU MADE,  just cause all of a sudden life gets hard because of some little kid that YOU PUT THERE  doesn't mean you can take the selfish losers way out of it by killing the kid. 
If I ever get myself into that kind of mess I'll deal with it,  and I'll take pictures of the child AND the girl  to prove it to you.
I'm not saying I'll be stupid enough to go get a girl pregnant but if I did I'd handle it the right way.

This is the reason the church doesn't want sex before marriage,  cause a bunch of stupid lazy little punks like yourself go get someone pregnant and then kill the innocent baby.

Rape?  yeah I know someone'll bring this up.
Well then the rapist should be jailed for life  but the child should live.
In case nobody's noticed but girls/women are kind of MADE to have kids,  if their bodys couldn't handle it then why would they have the ability?

Chances are  both mother and child will live every time.
The guiness book of world records youngest mom was a little girl who had a kid when she was 9.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Catholics are encouraged to have sex,  they don't have TRY  and have kids everytime they want some action (lol).

I wasn't saying that it was stupid of her to have sex,  I was saying that trying to bear a child when  you're that old is taking it a little bit to far. 

Having sex = "trying"

At least if you are a practicing Roman Catholic, as the church prohibits the use of birth control.  And, judging by your demographic summary, so does your local community.

That was my point:  If you condemn birth control, condemn abortion, and condemn people for having children in their 40s, then you are pretty much cutting off sex (or limiting the nature thereof) for most people most of the time.

You still haven't told me how you feel about cats.

People who are old enough that it would risk the life of them and their possible child shouldn't have sex.
People should not have sex if they're just going to abort the kid.
Birth control?  Well I don't know to much on tha subject,  it really doesn't seem so bad to me.  I mean,  it's just preventing the sperm from fertilizing the egg,  right?

Cats?  Dude,  cats are off topic but I'll answer it anyways.
I think cats are fine how they are,  leave them alone.
If they're causing trouble there's no law in either state or religion  that says you cannot kill the cat.
But then when you go finding cruel ways of killing cats  or go off killing all the cats you see for no apparent reason then that's just stupid.
But honestly,  I don't care about cats.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:20pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Mephistopheles Mephistopheles wrote:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Abortion sucks.

Quite literally! And they tickle.

Okay, maybe I look at all of this issue in a really simplified way. But then again I live by KISS. Both the acronym and the music.

Here's how I look at it. Is it your life? No? Then don't force your beliefs onto people.

Oh you don't believe people should be having abortions? Think it's wrong? Okay then... don't have one. And go on with your own life and butt out of others'. Done and done.

We have too many people in this world as it is, the # of zygotes aborted isn't going to dent these numbers. We're climbing by, worldwide, another 1 billion faces every 10-12 years. Abortions are the last thing I need to worry about. I'm worred more about the exact opposite.

Actualy,  some old guy  who lives near my house calculated that every living person could fit onto rhode island with 6 square feet surrounding them.  Don't wanna believe it?  do the math.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic