Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abortion/ Goverment power debate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:02pm

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Clark, this 'accepting the consenquences' is as bad as getting a slap on the wrist if you steal something. Except instead of more physical, its more mental.

Again with the punishment approach.  Why does there have to be punishment?  Is having a child "punishment" for sinful behavior?  That seems a rather inhumane approach to childrearing.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:04pm
Clark, I never said punishment, I said consenquences. There IS a difference.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:06pm
"Slap on the wrist" is a punishment concept...  You specifically implied that there needed to be "more" consequence.  That's punishment.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:08pm
EVery action gets an equal and oppisite reaction. Newtons Law.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now this is why I intended to stay out of this for the last 12 pages.

I put my opinion in, stating all possible contingencies, and yet I still get dragged in further. Just to defend my OPINION.

Edited by Linus

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:14pm

EVery action gets an equal and oppisite reaction. Newtons Law.

Meaningless in this context.

Quote I put my opinion in, stating all possible contingencies

Contingencies?  You said you would never ever change your opinion...

ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by cadet_sergeant cadet_sergeant wrote:

Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

What if the birth threatens the life of the mother?
it doesnt matter its all about the lady makin the choice, if she'd rather die then get an abortion thats her choice if she'd rather get an abortion and try again thats her choice.

isnt there some kinda law or something that Bush Sr. started, then Clinton vetoed it, then Bush Jr. brought it back? it was something like "the new mexico [something]"

God we dont need a new mexico whats wrong with the one that we already have thats full of presidential problems
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
amishman89 View Drop Down
Wow if I’d have a TITLE it woud be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:22pm

Do know how dagerous abortion is? You probably have the same risk as having the baby its self. Scaring , infection, and potential death. Does any body knows the methods of abortion? I personally have seen after photos of the babies. They are torn apart limb by limb. They look as if they have 3rd degrees burns all over them. Its horrible. I say if raped and proven raped get the morning after pill. But many raped victims are afraid  and embarrised to come forward. So what do you do. Me morally, I say abortion is wrong. But there are extreme situations where I'd dont know what to do.  I have not put my self in this situation...why?? Because Im one of the few 16 year olds in this world who believe in saving sex for marriage. That idea needs to spread throughtout schools but ,...no protective parents dont want there children to hear this they want to tell them there children themselves. Strange as it must seem the children know more than the adults. And sometimes the adults dont know the facts about the risk.       Knowledge is power....but to have power some one must teach it

Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:26pm

Originally posted by amishman89 amishman89 wrote:

Do know how dagerous abortion is? You probably have the same risk as having the baby its self.

Do you have any numbers to back up that random claim?

cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by ANARCHY_SCOUT ANARCHY_SCOUT wrote:

Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

What if the birth threatens the life of the mother?
it doesnt matter its all about the lady makin the choice, if she'd rather die then get an abortion thats her choice if she'd rather get an abortion and try again thats her choice.

isnt there some kinda law or something that Bush Sr. started, then Clinton vetoed it, then Bush Jr. brought it back? it was something like "the new mexico [something]"

God we dont need a new mexico whats wrong with the one that we already have thats full of presidential problems
no it has something to do with abortion i thought i could be wrong i read about it in a book... im gonna try to look it up now that im home.
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:32pm
Abortion sucks. Just look up Boyle's Law if you don't believe me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Do know how dagerous abortion is? You probably have the same risk as having the baby its self.

Do you have any numbers to back up that random claim?

Key word-probably         ;

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:48pm

Key word-probably         ; ;

Fair enough...   :)

cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:51pm
ok its called the Mexico City rule all it does is not give federal money to places that proform abortion. so they dont give money to places to planned parenthood because they proform abortions, but it alows them to still give money to planned parenthood money for AIDs. Bush increased spending on the AIDs problem which means they gave more money to places like planned parenthood.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:53pm
   Thank you
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Abortion sucks. Just look up Boyle's Law if you don't believe me.

Mephistopheles View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:08pm

Abortion sucks.

Quite literally! And they tickle.

Okay, maybe I look at all of this issue in a really simplified way. But then again I live by KISS. Both the acronym and the music.

Here's how I look at it. Is it your life? No? Then don't force your beliefs onto people.

Oh you don't believe people should be having abortions? Think it's wrong? Okay then... don't have one. And go on with your own life and butt out of others'. Done and done.

We have too many people in this world as it is, the # of zygotes aborted isn't going to dent these numbers. We're climbing by, worldwide, another 1 billion faces every 10-12 years. Abortions are the last thing I need to worry about. I'm worred more about the exact opposite.
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Mephistopheles Mephistopheles wrote:

Abortion sucks.

Quite literally! And they tickle.

Okay, maybe I look at all of this issue in a really simplified way. But then again I live by KISS. Both the acronym and the music.

Here's how I look at it. Is it your life? No? Then don't force your beliefs onto people.

Oh you don't believe people should be having abortions? Think it's wrong? Okay then... don't have one. And go on with your own life and butt out of others'. Done and done.

We have too many people in this world as it is, the # of zygotes aborted isn't going to dent these numbers. We're climbing by, worldwide, another 1 billion faces every 10-12 years. Abortions are the last thing I need to worry about. I'm worred more about the exact opposite.

Actualy,  some old guy  who lives near my house calculated that every living person could fit onto rhode island with 6 square feet surrounding them.  Don't wanna believe it?  do the math.
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:20pm
Than that old guy needs to buy a calculator. The people in china alone would overcrowd long island.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by aGUYnamedLARRY aGUYnamedLARRY wrote:

Catholics are encouraged to have sex,  they don't have TRY  and have kids everytime they want some action (lol).

I wasn't saying that it was stupid of her to have sex,  I was saying that trying to bear a child when  you're that old is taking it a little bit to far. 

Having sex = "trying"

At least if you are a practicing Roman Catholic, as the church prohibits the use of birth control.  And, judging by your demographic summary, so does your local community.

That was my point:  If you condemn birth control, condemn abortion, and condemn people for having children in their 40s, then you are pretty much cutting off sex (or limiting the nature thereof) for most people most of the time.

You still haven't told me how you feel about cats.

People who are old enough that it would risk the life of them and their possible child shouldn't have sex.
People should not have sex if they're just going to abort the kid.
Birth control?  Well I don't know to much on tha subject,  it really doesn't seem so bad to me.  I mean,  it's just preventing the sperm from fertilizing the egg,  right?

Cats?  Dude,  cats are off topic but I'll answer it anyways.
I think cats are fine how they are,  leave them alone.
If they're causing trouble there's no law in either state or religion  that says you cannot kill the cat.
But then when you go finding cruel ways of killing cats  or go off killing all the cats you see for no apparent reason then that's just stupid.
But honestly,  I don't care about cats.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:36pm

Ok, I can't stay out of it anymore.

Here's my opinion, and there is no changing it.

Abortion should only be allowed in 2 cases.
One- The girl was raped.
Two- The baby would be born with some sort of disease (Down Syndrome, etc)or it threatens the mother

BUT if the girl gets preg. from consentual sex, then it's her fault.

If you're old enough to decide to have sex, you're old enough to live with the consenquences.

"But the condom broke" "But the pills didn't work"

So what, you still chose to do it, and you chose to accept the risk of doing it. End of story.

(Thanks Impulse, forgot about that part. yes if it would have some sort of detrimental health defect for the mother too.)

i thought we established eirlier that the mental copasity of young teens was limited to the present and not so much the future, meaning that they think about the action there doing rather than "if i do this i might be a dad/mother".

now that i've been threw court for blood testing my opinion has changed on the subject of abortion. when i was 15 my girlfriend was with child, it tore me apart, i became quite ill and lost nearly 20 pounds form throwing up. it made me grow up quick. she had the baby on my 16th birthday 7-10-04 at 11pm, i got a call around 3am with her telling me she had a healthy little girl, i was half asleep but i remember that conversation. the next morning i woke up and went to the hospital, i held that child for nearly 4 hours. well time passed and we ended up in court, i had to take a 3 hour class at a college about parenting and crap. anyways i took a blood test, waited 7 and a half weeks, i remember where i was the day my mom called me and told me the news from the lawer, i was not the father, i was in D.C. standing in line to buy a t-shirt, i thought i may have wet myself, i was so excited. since then my opinion on abortion has changed i also have not been sexualy active in over 25 months. just my story for the day.

i used to think just the way you do linus, guess that experiance changed my opinion on that, life does things like that....

Dude,  if you had made the girl pregnant,  that's YOUR problem that YOU MADE,  just cause all of a sudden life gets hard because of some little kid that YOU PUT THERE  doesn't mean you can take the selfish losers way out of it by killing the kid. 
If I ever get myself into that kind of mess I'll deal with it,  and I'll take pictures of the child AND the girl  to prove it to you.
I'm not saying I'll be stupid enough to go get a girl pregnant but if I did I'd handle it the right way.

This is the reason the church doesn't want sex before marriage,  cause a bunch of stupid lazy little punks like yourself go get someone pregnant and then kill the innocent baby.

Rape?  yeah I know someone'll bring this up.
Well then the rapist should be jailed for life  but the child should live.
In case nobody's noticed but girls/women are kind of MADE to have kids,  if their bodys couldn't handle it then why would they have the ability?

Chances are  both mother and child will live every time.
The guiness book of world records youngest mom was a little girl who had a kid when she was 9.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic