Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abortion/ Goverment power debate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 9:20pm
What any fourteen year old girl does is none of yours nor the governments business. If she wants to tell her parents she is having an abortion she can, if she doesnt want to I dont see where it is the governments business to force her to tell her parents.

Irregardless of what your beliefs are abortion is legal and is just as legal for a 9 year old as it is a 60 year old.

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 9:24pm
Agreed. I basically disagree with any government effort to socially engineer this country. 

cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 9:40pm
Although i consider myself a conservative (and i am a regestered republican), i have to agree with the left on this issue; its your choice (waits for the barry goldwater haters). When i was 14 i decided to have sex, my parents knew and bought me condoms, thats what i think all kids should do (not have sex but let there parents know if they are). Yeah i wish i hadnt done it now but then i thought i was in love, boy was i wrong. If i where a girl i would probley want an abortion, especialy if i was raped. Anyway just my thoughts on the matter...

Edited by cadet_sergeant
amishman89 View Drop Down
Wow if I’d have a TITLE it woud be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 9:41pm

Oh simple minded ryan... go hug a tree.  

So if you support abortion that means you support killing ,murdering, suking the life out of a baby that is innocent because of two people making a mistake? Its too easy for kids."oh im going to be having a baby, oh lets forget about this whole thing by killing a innocent baby". That will make it all better. WRONG! 14 years is way to young anyways to be having a baby. Our generation is horribly. Were lazy,overweight,we stick it to the man,on welfare and mooching off the people for going out and getting a job,destroying the ozone layer,not faithful to their spouses,PETA,using drugs, and alot of other things. That why you should vote Amishman for president! I could fix alot of problems in this world.

Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 9:46pm
Respect for cadet_sergeant + 10.

Finally someone that thinks for himself and doesnt automatically spew party line crap.

I applaud your openmindedness on the subject.

amishman89 View Drop Down
Wow if I’d have a TITLE it woud be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 9:57pm

Anyways what are we solving here anyways....right. were all going to forget this when we wake up in the morning.  We are just arguing over this stupud crap that we have no control over anyways. I guess just let it be. I know just because I say something no ones going to change their mind about this subject. Goodnight and goodluck.

Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:06pm
I dont support abortion because to me its murder, thats just me.  I support to a degree the morning after stuff for things such as rape, incest and when the mother's health is in jepordy or a doctor thinks it needs to be done. However, when a fetus becomes more mature I think of it as murder.  The fetus cannot protect itself, it cannot have a say in what happens to it.

Dont be stupid and try and compare it to the death penalty, which I dissagree with to a point but not wholly but thats another topic.

I just feel that adoption is a far more humane and intelligent way to deal with the situation.

No go ahead with you "u es teh SEXIST" garbage.
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:12pm
Yeah, thats about my only right wing view, I don't like abortion. I see it as murder just like the rambling amish idiot. I, however, don't like the fact that the rightys out there use it to invoke god and win elections. And again, I don't like governmental social engineering. I don't know, I'm kinda torn as far as rather it should be illegal for the obvious reasons. I'll have to think about it I guess. 

bluemunky View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:13pm
I haven't read any of the posts besides Darur's above mine, so forgive me if I'm off topic, but I have my pro-choice days and my pro-life days. As of now, I'm more pro-choice. A girl/woman should really think it over before she does it, because she may end up regretting it madly later, but it was her choice to do the deed, so it should be her choice to have the kid or not. But she should also make it quick, instead of carrying a baby for 7 months then ditching it.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

Yeah, thats about my only right wing view, I don't like abortion. I see it as murder just like the rambling amish idiot. I, however, don't like the fact that the rightys out there use it to invoke god and win elections. And again, I don't like governmental social engineering. I don't know, I'm kinda torn as far as rather it should be illegal for the obvious reasons. I'll have to think about it I guess. 

Funnily enough, my only left wing views are I dont agree much with the church (I think religion is a private thing) but I defend it because of all the left wing idiots who attack it for expressing its views.

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:20pm
Anti-Church doesn't equal left wing....plenty of left wingers are church goers...Course, no pushing religion on people through the government and giving g.ay people the same rights as everyone else is left wing so...I guess they could be seen as mutually exclusive....

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

Anti-Church doesn't equal left wing....plenty of left wingers are church goers...Course, no pushing religion on people through the government and giving g.ay people the same rights as everyone else is left wing so...I guess they could be seen as mutually exclusive....

The government should not push religion, however if a bill or idea could be related to a religious view but not at all driven by it, does that make it unconsitutional? 

And true, many church goers are liberal but there are many of them that attack ANYTHING the church does, which gets on my nerves.

Freedom of speech

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:25pm
Agreed....

Aiid View Drop Down

Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aiid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 11:49pm
California knows how to party.
Looking forward to that 3rd strikerooni.
darkSIDEofMOON View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Language/Disrespect 9/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkSIDEofMOON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 12:01am

amishman89 - again re-read what i had wrote.  i do not think that abortion is the only way but it is the mother's choice.  not ours, not yours, not the government and not religion.  you don't understand the fact that people as young as 14 do not have the concept of implications past what they are doing now.  they don't see the consequences because of 1)  their mind isn't fully developed yet ie mature and 2)  there is a lack of information about sex.

basically the 14year old people having sex are influenced by media and alot or almost all by peer pressure.  the parents neglected the fact of talking about sex to them thinking it will make them want to go and have sex.  which in ALL studies has been proven to be opposite. 

if we want to stop things it must start early and continue throughout the child's life until they are old enough to make decisions for themselves.  but we must not preach that it is bad.  we must preach that these things are natural.  we must make them understand what can happen the first time.  we must show them we love them no matter what.  and we must be open to the idea that they might have sex. 

we kill all kinds of people every single day legally (not including aborotion), where are your arugments about that?

Aiid View Drop Down

Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aiid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 12:06am
Good post.
Looking forward to that 3rd strikerooni.
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 9:43am
Wait, doesn't a minor have to have parental consent to have any other type of invasive proceedure, or any medical proceedure for that matter, done? Why is abortion considered different than, say, my mom having to sign consent papers for a knee surgery when I was 17. The doctors wouldn't begin the operation until at least one of my parents were there.

I'm not going to arue the morality of abortion, or my personal opinion of governmental interference, but that question sticks in my head when this particular part of this issue is approached.

Edited by Dazed
cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 9:48am
good post darkside. the best way to prevent it is to educate people. when i was 14 i definatly felt pressured into having sex, i wasnt educated abou sex because my Jr. high didnt offer a sex education program. i deffinatly fell that kids are learning about sex much eirlier than when my parents where growing up. since they know about it eirlier it sparkes curiosity, which leads to them (and me) having sex with out being educated about the hazards of having sex (STD's& kids) which might frighten them into not having sex... any way i better start doin my school work since i've been out for 3 days strait.. 
Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 10:52am
The abortion issue is black and white to both sides. It's either murdering a person who just hasn't happened to be born yet, or it's just part of the women's body until birth, or near birth anyway.

But, to me the parent's have a right to know what their MINOR CHILDREN are doing. It's the parent's responsibility to care for their children isn't it? Parent's have to approve other medical treatment, why not this? Oh, the political aspect of it. Too damn bad! The state is allowing a special interest group to interfere with parental rights here. If a parent can't even be informed about this, then they shouldn't be held responsible for whatever their kids do, nor should they be legally obligated to provide food, shelter, etc. Hell, emancipate them at 12 then.
Whazuuup! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Non-believer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whazuuup! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 10:57am
Good point Unicorn.

Parents have to be responsible, and they play a part in every aspect of a child's life till 18.
If a 14-year-old gets pregnant, of course she's going to have an abortion, unless her parents (who can think rationally) stop her.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic