Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abortion/ Goverment power debate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 10:51pm
If suzie can get an abortion without parental constent. Sara should be able to get a breast augmentation, or a nose job.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 10:52pm
^I dont see a problem with that.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 10:56pm
Thats really my whole point. Suzie gets an abortion. Little amy should be able to get a liver transplant or liposuction or whatever.
636andy636 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

^I dont see a problem with that.

Yeah, sara is pretty flat
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:38am

HAHA, ok andy... stop... I don't wanna see you get another Strike...

<panda adds 10 more E-points to andy's total>
636andy636 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

HAHA, ok andy... stop... I don't wanna see you get another Strike...

<panda adds 10 more E-points to andy's total>

Sweet 20 E-points
Not my fault I make comments....   

Edited by 636andy636
Whazuuup! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Non-believer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whazuuup! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 9:18am
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Thats really my whole point. Suzie gets an abortion. Little amy should be able to get a liver transplant or liposuction or whatever.

So everybody is agreeing that there is an inconsistency with the government policy on this, right?
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 9:52am
Not necessarily.  My point is rather that it is too simplistic to equate abortion to just some medical procedure.  Abortion has moral consequences - a tattoo does not.  They are different things, and we cannot bootstrap a policy from one to the other.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 10:26am
^Thank you.

Anyone making an analogy of abortion to every other optional medical procedure is an absolute idiot.

If you can't think deeper than that, you quite honestly must not even be a human.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 10:28am
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

If suzie can get an abortion without parental constent. Sara should be able to get a breast augmentation, or a nose job.
Let's see, child requires 18 years of supprt financially and emotionally, nose-job surgery is over and done with after a couple months....your analogies really suck.
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Why doesnt this "girlfriend" of yours come tell this retard herself?

And why should I care what she thinks? She hasnt had sex either so to me, her opinion doesnt count.

She hasn't had sex for many reasons
and one of them is because she could not provide for this child as of yet.
She WANTS a family of 12 when she gets married.
Abortion is just plain selfish and I know  at least 25 GIRLS that think so too.   I am the third oldest of 9 kids,  my neighbors the O'Riellys have 12,  my OTHER neighbors the buyers have 8,  my OTHER neithbors the deerdurrfs have 9, the Mcmahons have 9, the Delaneys have 8,  my OTHER neighbors have 15, my OTHER neighbors have 9.  This girl who recently graduated from the nearby  college was the youngest of 20,  the Mcshurleys have 9 also.
I live in a catholic community and those are only the people I know,  there's lots more where they came from.
ALL of these people know that abortion is wrong,  ALL of these huge familys are getting a good education,  all of these kids have the RIGHT attention from their parents and the soccer team they put together last year went undefeated.    They all KNOW abortion is sick.
How come  you "pro choice"  people think it's ok to ruthlessly murder innocent children and DON'T tell me it's because they're not people.
If there is ANY BOUBT that they are human they should not be killed.
If you think  "I choose to kill this kid cause it'll make my life easier"  then how about I "choose" to shove your perverted penis into a meat grinder cause that'll prevent any unwanted pregnancys.
I could "choose"   to  randomly kill people on the street but I don't cause it's WROOOONG.
Seriously,  it's immature to have sex if you're just going to kill the kid.
Even under rape there is no negotiation whatsoever,  this kid still has the right to live whether you like it or not.

The reason she doesn't come tell these "retards"  herself is because she's not really into paintballing so it's not like she's gonna join a forum either.
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:14am

Originally posted by aGUYnamedLARRY aGUYnamedLARRY wrote:

She hasn't had sex for many reasons
and one of them is because she could not provide for this child as of yet.

Good for her.  Hopefully she'll be able to stick with that plan.

Sucks if you are getting raped by your daddy, though.

Quote I am the third oldest of 9 kids,  my neighbors the O'Riellys have 12,  my OTHER neighbors the buyers have 8,  my OTHER neithbors the deerdurrfs have 9, the Mcmahons have 9, the Delaneys have 8,  my OTHER neighbors have 15, my OTHER neighbors have 9.  This girl who recently graduated from the nearby  college was the youngest of 20,  the Mcshurleys have 9 also.

Good lord!  Where do you live?!

Quote I live in a catholic community

Oh.  Every sperm is sacred, right.

Quote ALL of these huge familys are getting a good education

Either these families are all obscenely wealthy, or by "good education" you mean "public H.S. followed by community college".  Normal folk can barely afford to put one or two kids through college, let alone a zillion.  College is expensive.

Quote How come  you "pro choice"  people think it's ok to ruthlessly murder innocent children and DON'T tell me it's because they're not people.  If there is ANY BOUBT that they are human they should not be killed.

How do you feel about dropping bombs in a populated area?

Quote If you think  "I choose to kill this kid cause it'll make my life easier" 

How about "I choose to have an abortion because childbirth is a major trauma on the body, which can have serious permanent debilitating effect, or might even kill me"  or "I choose to have an abortion because I will lose my job (or get kicked out of school) if I don't"?

Quote Seriously,  it's immature to have sex if you're just going to kill the kid.  Even under rape there is no negotiation whatsoever,  this kid still has the right to live whether you like it or not.

And you don't see the inconsistency between those two sentences?

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:14am
Abortion is not Murder. Murder is a legal definition for the unlawful killing of another person is certain circumstances. Since in all 50 states of this country, abortion is legal, it is impossible to claim abortion is murder. Every time a person directly causes another persons death, it isnt always considered murder. It may in fact be be a human killing another human but it definately isnt murder from a legal standpoint.

aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:44am
Ok,  but it's still killing.
Don't we all agree that killing someone just cause it makes your life easy is sick?

There's a 15 year old girl I know with a one year old baby.
She had sex and accepted the consequences.
Her boyfriend ran off of course  so that leaves her with nothing.
She wasn't mature  or old enough to have this baby but since she has SOME moral value she didn't kill it.
Her name is Jessica Fox,  I didn't make her up.
I had a class with her 2 years ago.

The baby is very healthy.
Why kill it? 
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:28pm
I am sure we all know teens that have had children at a young age.

But how many of those teens come from a crappy enviroment? For instance how much support does Jessica Fox get from her parent? Not every kid has that kind of supports. No 14 year old is going to have a job to pay for babyfood, clothes, and diapers when their parents and family disown them for getting pregnant.

Now look at Betty. Both her parents are crackheads, neither parent is ever at home and there is never any food in the refridgerator. Betty doesnt feel loved by her parents so she goes and has sex with 17 year old Johnny to fill that void. She cant afford contraceptives and is constantly suspended from school so she cant get free ones from there. Plus Johnny wont wear condoms but Betty is desparate for the need to feel loved and mistakenly thinks having sex with Johnny will fill that void. She becomes pregnant and Johnny disappears. Betty realises that the child to be will never have a good life in that it has absolutely no chance for happiness. Betty can raise the child herself, the grand parents obviously are going to be no help since they cant even raise Betty. Adoption not an option in her mind because Betty has a half brother already in the foster care system where he is constantly abused by the guardians that are incharge of his care because they are just raising the kids to collect a check from the government. Also in her city the Child service department is so overcrowded and over worked that Betty realises the child will have no chance for happiness and giving birth to the child will create an even bigger burden to her allready crappy comunity.

Instead of being selfish and putting the child to be in a perpetual crappy enviroment, Betty makes a selfless decision to have her pregnancy terminated.

Edited by Hades

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:31pm

She had sex and accepted the consequences.

As Hades once said - how is having an abortion not accepting the consequences?  Having an abortion is making a choice and doing something about it.  Having the baby is doing nothing, just one step shy of denial.

Quote Her boyfriend ran off of course  so that leaves her with nothing.

So as a result, this girl is now probably doomed to a life without education, a life without meaningful employment, and a life in poverty.  And since nothing predicts poverty better than parental poverty, the same is probably true of the child.  It's not a matter of "easier" - a child at the wrong time is a completely life-changing event.

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

It's not a matter of "easier" - a child at the wrong time is a completely life-changing event.

Bam!! That is what I have been grasping at that has been just beyond the tip of my tounge. I feel until a person has been in a sitation where an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy occurs, it is impossible to judge someone that is in that situation and their choices resulting from it. Since an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy is such a huge life altering event peoples perpectives change. I have seen people go from the strictest pro life perspective to a very liberal pro-choice perpective. This issue is very complex.

I am sure in a prefect world everyone would have to have the products of their reproductive actions. But unfortunately the world isnt perfect so solutions to problems and hard decisions have to made.

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:55pm

Ok, but it's still killing.
Don't we all agree that killing someone just cause it makes your life easy is sick?

I dont think living the rest of your life as a social outcast in most circles is easier than have a full term pregnacy, delivering the babym and then handing it off to adoption is easier, no.

Also I dont think choicing to have an abortion instead of raising the child in a contantly crappy enviroment is the easier choice.

What people arent realising that the teenagers that are having the abortions typically arent the ones that come from 2 parent families with incomes, have support groups, have the availability of social programs to help support the child, and have had mothers that provided decent parenting examples. They are mostly the youth that come from horrible economic conditions, horrible family structures, horrible communities. Why bring a child that will have no chance in such a horrible enviroment.

Sure there are some teenagers that do have perfect eviroments and a child would survive but even still, it is the mothers choice to have the potential child and no one else.

Edited by Hades

Hoytshooter View Drop Down
Guested - Language++

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoytshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 1:19pm
As the bible says, the poor will always be among us. Poor people can have too. basically clark what your saying is money is the key to happiness?
I shoot a Hoyt

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 1:25pm

Originally posted by Hoytshooter Hoytshooter wrote:

As the bible says, the poor will always be among us. Poor people can have too. basically clark what your saying is money is the key to happiness?

If relevant thought was right here --->

Your statement was right about...

<---- There.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic