Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abortion/ Goverment power debate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by aGUYnamedLARRY aGUYnamedLARRY wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

I think you are missing the point here.

NOBODY (Ok, maybe a few wierd ones) supports abortion. If they think they can handle child birth, more power too them. If they can live off of their parents and deal with it, ok.

BUT, Just becuase they want too, that should not dictate that all others who DONT want to, who dont think they can handle it, should not have the option to do it.

None of us are pro-abortion, we are pro-CHOICE....

"pro-choice"? 
Now you're trying to take the blame off your shoulders.

I choose to kill my liberal pro choice neighbor.
I choose to go driving as fast as I want.
I choose to join those crazy middle easterns and slaughter americans by the thousand. 
I choose to blow up the power plants cause I don't like the lights to be on at night. 
I choose to rule the world  cause it'd be fun.
I choose to poison the water pipes.
I choose to do whatever the hell I please because I am pro choice.

Now you see, all the listed things there are illegal in the eyes of the law, whereas abortion is legal.

One =/= Other.

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:31pm

Nunnerys teach STRONGLEY against sex.
Old nunnerys little kids will turn out alot less likely to have sex before marriage then any other place in the world.

Sure they may teach strongly against sex but not everyone listen and have sex anyways.

Hence we are now back to square 1.

Edited by Hades

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Either these families are all obscenely wealthy, or by "good education" you mean "public H.S. followed by community college".  Normal folk can barely afford to put one or two kids through college, let alone a zillion.  College is expensive.

We're all homeschooled,  My oldest brother went to a college in spain somewhere.  Our kids pay for their own college,  they don't mooch off their parents,  that's a losers way out of it.

I rest my case.

Originally posted by larry larry wrote:

Originally posted by me me wrote:

How do you feel about dropping bombs in a populated area?

I think it's sick.

So I can presume that you oppose the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan?

Originally posted by me me wrote:

How about "I choose to have an abortion because childbirth is a major trauma on the body, which can have serious permanent debilitating effect, or might even kill me" 

Selfish.  Very very selfish.  Peopl have kids all the time and it's one in thousands that have birth problems.

One in thousands?  You need to do your research better.  Serious complications from childbirth are very common.  Permanent incontinence is a particularly popular one, for instance.  And, of course, there are many parts of the world where people die in childbirth all the time.  There are some parts of Africa, for instance, where 1 in 16 births kills the mother.

Lose your job?  In the army they sacrifice their lives 24/7  for the people back at home.  They'll lose EVERYTHING just so a bunch of people like you can stay here and not be ruled by china. 
Losing your job is NOTHING,  I'd cut off my own nads before aborting a kid.

Check back when you have been working a while.  Let's see how you feel then.

jerk...

Why the random ad hominem attack?

aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:36pm

now you are looking from a catholic point of view.  you must not understand that everyone is NOT catholic.  we don't hold the same view points, and yes they are view points, as yourself. 

you have stated that abortion is wrong.  why?  because it kills a fetus, inflicts pain and is "sick".  but the main fact is that you know little of the birthing process it self.  the point at which the fetus is aborted is when it is still in a developmental period.  during this time the embryo/fetus is actually just a bunch of cells dividing and differentiation of cellure types.  now many studies have been conducted on these various stages of the "pain" you said is inflicted onto the embryo/fetus.  the research points out that there is little or any pain at all.  why?  because nothing has fully formed anywhere.

killing it is a 50/50 chance.  why?  because most pregnacies end in spontaneous abortion, naturally if that makes it better to understand.  most don't even know because they just bleed it out thinking it is their period. 

the "sick" part is only from your opinion.  medical terms use nothing of the word sick.  it is only because you have little information of the actual fact that you call it sick.  kinda like thinking all people who read the bible are catholic (jewish, muslim etc.). 

now your girlfriend says that "a girl says it is sick, wrong, etc."  good for here.  she has a standpoint, either hers or her parents, depending on how old she is and actual information she has.  then you stated that you know 20 girls who think the same way.  again either their opinions or just the stuff they repeat from their parents.  now i know 20 women who say just the opposite of them.  whats the point?  that there are just as many saying "no" as there are saying "yes".

now lastly i wanted to confront you on is this.  you state that it is morally wrong and that who do have abortions have no morals at all.  well just to let you know, they do have morals.  they may even have stronger morals than yourself.  just because they choose this over having a child does not make them morally wrong.  why would it?  there are things that your religion has done that is 10000000000 times unmoral that you probably don't talk too much about.  does that make the catholic faith as a whole, morally wrong?  no.  so again, stating that someone is morally wrong is attacking one.  if you were to say that directly to me, i would put you in your place in an instance. 

you really need to look at both sides.  understand both sides.  because this is more complicated than stating what a religion has told you to say.

[/QUOTE]

I qoute this one guy,  I forget his name "if there is any doubt that it is human it should NOT be killed"

Does that little tiny fetus look human?  yes it most certainly does.
Brith?  pregnancy?
HAH,   I bet I know more about that then the rest of you combined.
Do you know how many child births I've witnessed?
I live in this huuuuge neighbor hood full of huge familys and you don't think I know anything about child birth?

I've read books,  not just catholic ones that include all the steps and stages of pregnancy.  

My girlfriend is 17.
All the women that I know are so strongly pro life that it's not even funny.
I know one single "pro choice"  woman and she's a **edited**.
The rest are a bunch of happy old ladys who feel fullfilled with their lives  seeing all the hundreds of kids running around.

Name 3 things my religion has done that's so much worse then this.
Yeah,  we've had bad popes in the past,  very bad ones.
Those were mistakes.

I think God should flood the earth again and only select out another small group of people  only this time,  he should drown you "pro choice"  peopl  in the blood of your abortions.
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
darkSIDEofMOON View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Language/Disrespect 9/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkSIDEofMOON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:38pm

Nunnerys teach STRONGLEY against sex.
Old nunnerys little kids will turn out alot less likely to have sex before marriage then any other place in the world.

which in itself leads to the problem.  if you teach strongly against drugs more children are likely to use drugs later in life.  proven fact actually that the DARE program DOES NOT WORK. 

now if you teach them about their sexuality (how it is natural to feel this way and NOT a sin or perversion), how to protect themselves, and the consequences they are LESS likely to have sex, delay sex until they are older or married, and USE protection if they do have sex.  (this was all stated along time ago). 

the TRUTH about sex and human sexuality works MORE (proven again) than stating abstienance only or "fear tatic" teaching. 

i am sorry but you have had a very bad understanding of human sexuality.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:39pm

My turn to break it down, Clark.

Nobody knows the right meaning of sex.

Translation, "People have different ideals than I do"

Quote Sex  is supposed to be commiting your life to your spouse and to your child.

No, Sex is the act of a man putting a penis in a womans vagina. Sorry if that is graphic, but that is SEX. The other things are human emotional attachments.

Quote When you have sex it's supposed to be saying that you're going to take responsibility  for your child.

So if the man put on a condom, and the woman is on the pill, is he/she is murdering? Is sex ONLY for conception?

Quote Ok now for rape :  it's not your fault,  but it's not the childs fault that he/she's there either.  All the same it's still a child,  it still has every right that you or I do. 

Ball of cells =/= Child

Quote If you have the right to kill that child,  whether  it be there by rape  or because you just like sex,  then I or anybody else with a little common sense and morals should be allowed to destroy the world so this madness will end.

So you would justify killing live, already living humans for Zygotes? People do think that, the people who bomb abortion clinics and murder Planned Parenthood workers. Too bad in the eyes of the law, THEY are the murders, not the clinic workers...

There is only one right meaning of sex.
I hate to get all preachy but it was made for one thing and one thing only. 
Condoms were made by a man,  they weren't already there in the first place.   Pills are made by man,  they weren't already there in the first place. 
It's not right,  sex is for kids,  not to satisfy some whores.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:40pm

ALL of these huge familys are getting a good education

Originally posted by And Then Larry And Then Larry wrote:

We're all homeschooled

Originally posted by And Then Larry And Then Larry wrote:

A ghetto kid?
They're gonna grow up an uneducated bum and beg for money and get thrown in jail  for all that pot he's got.

gg

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:41pm

I think God should flood the earth again and only select out another small group of people only this time, he should drown you "pro choice" peopl in the blood of your abortions.

Hahaha! We have a Pat Robinson/Patterson [whichever one I am talking about] in the making. Is Pat even Catholic?

I highly suspect that you are grossly beaten when it comes to the facts of life.

You must have missed the post where Clark, admits to knowing everything about sex.

Learning from a book is only half the battle, actually going trough it is a whole other ball park.

Edited by Hades

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:42pm

I think you are missing the point here.

NOBODY (Ok, maybe a few wierd ones) supports abortion. If they think they can handle child birth, more power too them. If they can live off of their parents and deal with it, ok.

BUT, Just becuase they want too, that should not dictate that all others who DONT want to, who dont think they can handle it, should not have the option to do it.

None of us are pro-abortion, we are pro-CHOICE....

"pro-choice"? 
Now you're trying to take the blame off your shoulders.

I choose to kill my liberal pro choice neighbor.
I choose to go driving as fast as I want.
I choose to join those crazy middle easterns and slaughter americans by the thousand. 
I choose to blow up the power plants cause I don't like the lights to be on at night. 
I choose to rule the world  cause it'd be fun.
I choose to poison the water pipes.
I choose to do whatever the hell I please because I am pro choice.

Now you see, all the listed things there are illegal in the eyes of the law, whereas abortion is legal.

One =/= Other.

Just cause it's legal  doesn't mean it's right.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:43pm

There is only one right meaning of sex.
I hate to get all preachy but it was made for one thing and one thing only. 
Condoms were made by a man,  they weren't already there in the first place.   Pills are made by man,  they weren't already there in the first place. 

So sex for pleasure, aka "to satisfy some whores", is wrong?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:44pm

Keep talking - I couldn't make this stuff up.

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:46pm
And people want to keep sex education out of schools.

Here is a perfect example of why it definately should be.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:47pm

Haha, Really Hades.

I am sure he will have one very satisfied wife one day...It just wont be him doing the satisfying...Becuase thats for whores.....

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:48pm

Haha, Really Hades.

I am sure he will have one very satisfied wife one day...It just wont be him doing the satisfying...Becuase thats for whores.....

impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:49pm

What do a pregnant girl friend and a slinky have in common?

They both need a push down the stairs.

Oh btw I'm pro-choice if you didn't know.

Edited by impulse!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:49pm

That's your standard?

So we shouldn't abort this:

But we SHOULD abort this:

Yeah - that's a good reason...

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

What do a pregnant girl friend and a slinky have in common?

They both need a push down the stairs.

that was cold, but funny.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:51pm
Aww look Clark, it has Jenny's mitochondria....

darkSIDEofMOON View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Language/Disrespect 9/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkSIDEofMOON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:52pm

now you are looking from a catholic point of view.  you must not understand that everyone is NOT catholic.  we don't hold the same view points, and yes they are view points, as yourself. 

you have stated that abortion is wrong.  why?  because it kills a fetus, inflicts pain and is "sick".  but the main fact is that you know little of the birthing process it self.  the point at which the fetus is aborted is when it is still in a developmental period.  during this time the embryo/fetus is actually just a bunch of cells dividing and differentiation of cellure types.  now many studies have been conducted on these various stages of the "pain" you said is inflicted onto the embryo/fetus.  the research points out that there is little or any pain at all.  why?  because nothing has fully formed anywhere.

killing it is a 50/50 chance.  why?  because most pregnacies end in spontaneous abortion, naturally if that makes it better to understand.  most don't even know because they just bleed it out thinking it is their period. 

the "sick" part is only from your opinion.  medical terms use nothing of the word sick.  it is only because you have little information of the actual fact that you call it sick.  kinda like thinking all people who read the bible are catholic (jewish, muslim etc.). 

now your girlfriend says that "a girl says it is sick, wrong, etc."  good for here.  she has a standpoint, either hers or her parents, depending on how old she is and actual information she has.  then you stated that you know 20 girls who think the same way.  again either their opinions or just the stuff they repeat from their parents.  now i know 20 women who say just the opposite of them.  whats the point?  that there are just as many saying "no" as there are saying "yes".

now lastly i wanted to confront you on is this.  you state that it is morally wrong and that who do have abortions have no morals at all.  well just to let you know, they do have morals.  they may even have stronger morals than yourself.  just because they choose this over having a child does not make them morally wrong.  why would it?  there are things that your religion has done that is 10000000000 times unmoral that you probably don't talk too much about.  does that make the catholic faith as a whole, morally wrong?  no.  so again, stating that someone is morally wrong is attacking one.  if you were to say that directly to me, i would put you in your place in an instance. 

you really need to look at both sides.  understand both sides.  because this is more complicated than stating what a religion has told you to say.

I qoute this one guy,  I forget his name "if there is any doubt that it is human it should NOT be killed"

Brith?  pregnancy?
HAH,   I bet I know more about that then the rest of you combined.
Do you know how many child births I've witnessed?
I live in this huuuuge neighbor hood full of huge familys and you don't think I know anything about child birth?

I've read books,  not just catholic ones that include all the steps and stages of pregnancy.  

My girlfriend is 17.
All the women that I know are so strongly pro life that it's not even funny.
I know one single "pro choice"  woman and she's a **edited**.
The rest are a bunch of happy old ladys who feel fullfilled with their lives  seeing all the hundreds of kids running around.

Name 3 things my religion has done that's so much worse then this.
Yeah,  we've had bad popes in the past,  very bad ones.
Those were mistakes.

I think God should flood the earth again and only select out another small group of people  only this time,  he should drown you "pro choice"  peopl  in the blood of your abortions.
[/QUOTE]

ok welcome to my world, the world of history.

but first...the embryo/fetus does not look human.  not until stages after what are not allowed for abortion.  those stages it could be anything.  ever seen a embryo/fetus of a chimp., fish, pig, cat?  look almost the same. 

now onto your question, what has the catholic church done.  well lets start off here.

the crusades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

witch burning (killing of innocents). 

instiutionalization of mentally ill people, now you might not know this but it wasn't a walk in the park.  hell i would rather be in a third world country jail than those intistutions.

killing of innocent jewish people because "they spread the black plague"

spainsh inquistion

christian war 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

30 years war

thats for starters.  i won't mention the numerous others.

impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:56pm
Good job for the very long and worthless post. Shoot for quality not quanity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic