Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my 98c needs desparate repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nex2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my 98c needs desparate repair
    Posted: 10 November 2005 at 5:59pm
I bought my 98c back in February/march of this year and it was fine until i decided to do some upgrading.

At first, I put a flatline, a tippmann expansion and an r/t on it.

Unfourtunately, i botched the install of the expansion and damaged the valve. (This was back in July) I got a replacment valve and installed it, but the gun never worked right since. I also removed the expansion all together, as well as the flatline leaving just the r/t.

The last time i used it (End of August) at a all day scenario, it was shooting almost 300fps on the first shot, then ~190 or lower the next shot....then back up to 280 or so...then 150ish....then 300 (You get the picture)

I have no idea what is wrong with it, because it apears as though everything is fine. (Broken parts were replaced by Tippmann..great service! got valve free under warantee!)

I have since bought a new marker from ICD and I sorta shelved my Tippmann for future tinkering. Now that they hype around my new marker has worn off, I want my Tippmann up and running the way I wanted it to when i bought all those upgrades.

Is it possible to send my whole marker in to Tippmann for maintenence? I am not sure how big a job it would be, but i'd really like it back up and running.

How much would it cost to get it tuned up and ready to go? I'd also want to get the vertical adaptor installed right. (and replaced...the threads on mine are destroyed)

I wouldn't mind paying to get it fixed, as long as it isn't an extorsionate amount. It would be nice to have something to alternate with as well as a 'loan gun' for friends to use.

Thanks for the help!
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 7:45pm
I don't know specifically how much it would cost: It'd be worth it to call them and find out.
Nex2k6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nex2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 8:44pm
i thought i'd ask here before asking stupid questions on their phoneline.

Oh what does the warrantee cover, if anything. I do not have any form of proof of purchase.
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 8:46pm

Originally posted by Nex2k6 Nex2k6 wrote:

The last time i used it (End of August) at a all day scenario, it was shooting almost 300fps on the first shot, then ~190 or lower the next shot....then back up to 280 or so...then 150ish....then 300 (You get the picture)

I have no idea what is wrong with it, because it apears as though everything is fine. (Broken parts were replaced by Tippmann..great service! got valve free under warantee!)

sounds like your valve screws are stripped. don't know what it would cost to repair it, it sounds like it needs alot of help!

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 9:30pm

Originally posted by Nex2k6 Nex2k6 wrote:

i thought i'd ask here before asking stupid questions on their phoneline.

Oh what does the warrantee cover, if anything. I do not have any form of proof of purchase.

Tippmann is very lenient when it comes to their warranty: It covers pretty much everything. Many times, they will just take the gun and fix it for free, even when you have no warranty card or if the gun is out of warranty.

Nex2k6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nex2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 9:45pm
i'll give them a call tommorrow.

Oh yeah and the external screws that hold in the tube are gone...lost somewhere in a 50 acre field under a foot of snow.  They vibrated out i guess...very odd. That was the last day I played with it though. After that, i stuck with my USP pistol (pistol only for 1.5 months....ahh :()
gomez583 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gomez583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:21am
I think that without those screws the fps will jump all over the place.
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro E
Ricochet Apache LCD
Tapco T6 Stock
10 Pc Empire Barrel Kit
Low Pressure Kit
Palmer Male Stabilizer
Ape Board
Ape Trigger
D H Titanium Hammer (soon)
Nex2k6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nex2k6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:30pm
thats what tippmann said this morning. They are sending out some replacement screws and some loctite.

Hopefully this fixes it once and for all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic