Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A real propane idea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcurrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A real propane idea
    Posted: 11 November 2005 at 10:41pm

Come up with a 4 ounce tank and a way to transfer propane from the cheap 16 ounce tanks you buy at walmart.

Make the tank an integral part of the marker.  (About the size of an expansion chamber.)

Now you have a marker that fires about 12000 shots, but doesn't have to lug around a large tank at all.

It would be nice to overcome the semi-auto limitations also....

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:32pm
Well your problem is that you would have to dump all the air out of that 4 ounce.

It is illegal to drive with an aired up paintball gun. At least here it is.

*edit* I do however give you credit for coming up with an intelligent C3 idea.

Edited by The Guy
mcurrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcurrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:37pm

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Well your problem is that you would have to dump all the air out of that 4 ounce.

It is illegal to drive with an aired up paintball gun. At least here it is.

*edit* I do however give you credit for coming up with an intelligent C3 idea.

Ok, then make it 1 ounce with a purge valve.  That's still 3100 shots per fill.  And you could refill 16 times on a $2-$3 tank of Propane.

Edited by mcurrens
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 12:38am
Maybe someone will come out with smaller 12 gram CO2 size tanks.

Now that would be cool.

Then you could put a 10 round tube on it and go stock class.
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 12:40am
I am actualy talking to some propane tank manufacturers about smaller propane tanks aimed at the paintball market.  Easy to make - but maybe not enough of a market.
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
JustLooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustLooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 6:55pm
why would you want 12 gram co2 tanks again? whats that 1-5 shots?
04 Kapp Autococker
Planet eclipse E-Blade with Eyes
Sto Ram
Palmers Lpr
Delrin Bolt
Freak
Clamping feedneck
QEV's
CP Drop
Samuri Trigger
AKA Regulator
68/4500 WGP Adjustable Output Tank

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 8:01pm
^^^omfg, your kidding....
X
paintballdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 11:03pm
  ISN'T PROPANE AAAA FLAMMIBLE I WOULD THINK A BOLT COCKING TIME AND AGAIN AT A EXTREAM RATE WOULD CAUSE FRICTION AND HEAT TO IGNITE SAID PROPANE AND CAUSE SOME UNDESIRED OPERATION
woodsball rulz trees stop bullets ballons don't      keep working millons on welfair depend on YOU!!!!
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:55am
Originally posted by JustLooking JustLooking wrote:

try 20-150 shots... avrage is about 30-35

rambino key word is yet... give it a year or 2 and we will see many sized propain tanks...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 12:02am

Originally posted by paintballdave paintballdave wrote:

ISN'T PROPANE AAAA FLAMMIBLE I WOULD THINK A BOLT COCKING TIME AND AGAIN AT A EXTREAM RATE WOULD CAUSE FRICTION AND HEAT TO IGNITE SAID PROPANE AND CAUSE SOME UNDESIRED OPERATION

I would think that the combustion of propane inherent in said bolt cycling again and again would cause a lot more heat than friction. Unless you've ever felt heat coming off the bolt of your marker, you've nothing to worry about. And if you HAVE felt heat, you have problems.

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
mcurrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcurrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 1:46am

Originally posted by JustLooking JustLooking wrote:

I think he was talking about a 12 gram propane tank.  That would give about 1300 shots per tank.... 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

I would think that the combustion of propane inherent in said bolt cycling again and again would cause a lot more heat than friction. Unless you've ever felt heat coming off the bolt of your marker, you've nothing to worry about. And if you HAVE felt heat, you have problems.

no i have not felt heat from my moving parts but i had this argument with someone on this fourm 2years ago and he/she made a good point on what if
woodsball rulz trees stop bullets ballons don't      keep working millons on welfair depend on YOU!!!!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 11:23pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

no i have not felt heat from my moving parts but i had this argument with someone on this fourm 2years ago and he/she made a good point on what if

Yes paintballdave, propane is flammable.  The new Tippmann C3 uses this property of propane to fire paintballs.  That's right, it actually ignites the propane inside the marker and uses the hot expanding gasses to send paintballs toward other players.  There are several very informative posts that have been done by people like Enos and Rambino that explain C3 operation in depth.  I recommend that anyone who is planning on commenting on this marker check them out.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 11:44pm
A paintball marker's action should never generate sufficient friction to cause noticeable heat. If it does you need to oil your marker and learn to shoot accurately instead of quickly. 
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 7:09pm
 wow so the c3 uses propane crazy gota check it out my area is pretty paintball isolated no mags 1store and i am 1 of 3 w/ a computer  
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 7:33pm
magazines are delivered with your mail, you DO know that right?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 7:39pm
yea well saved the money and got my new dell
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 12:08pm
Dude! You're gettin' a Dell! :P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 6:57pm
yea dude got my dell and its alright for playing music and here
shrapnel07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrapnel07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 11:14pm
If it ignites the propane, wouldn't it be considered a firearm?

fire·arm   Audio pronunciation of "firearm" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (frärm)
n.
A weapon, especially a pistol or rifle, capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.
Now, compressed air isn't an explosive charge; it doesn't expand through chemical reaction, it expands due to atmospheric pressures.

Firearm or not, I'm not risking it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic