Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next step for my 98c?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next step for my 98c?
    Posted: 16 November 2005 at 5:29pm

Right now I have:

• Respoce Trigger
  • Apache
  • Pen spring
  • Rilfe scope (I only use sometimes)

The Ups that I'm getting for christmas:

• Female Palmers
  • 14" J&J
  • Nicklel plated LAPCO Foregrip
  • Black Dye Sticky
  • Rocket Cock 2

Where do I go from here? I want to do some mods, but all I can seem to find are pen spring and polished internals. I am strickly woodsball, so I want a consistant, quiet, durable and light gun, which I think I ahve accomplished. I run C02, and I don't think I want to change that, so don't tell me to get HPA. I'm still looking around for a good drop foward that suits my needs, but to no avail as of yet. Oh, and I'm thinking about givng my gun a dark green paintjob, which I think will look cool with the black grip and rocket cock and the chrome foregrip.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by Skitz
Tippmann 98 custom RT
Apache
14" J&J ceramic
Black/green hybrid grip
Broadsword vest
Remote line
Proto Switch EL
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 5:32pm
yea the dark green paintjob would be good. And even though you say you dont want it I'm still gonna reccomend the HPA. better for your gun
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 6:01pm
Other than getting HPA, I'd stop. What you have right now (and listed future ups) seems to be great. I wouldn't throw any more $ into it.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
baconking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baconking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 6:39pm

a double trigger would make your rt easier to sweetspot. you could also get some anti-siphon tubes on your tanks. when you get a drop, you might want to get a stock for support. and why'd you get a chrome foregrip? the only thing that's gonna do is glare up and give away your position. i'd paint that too.

98C
2X Trigger
14" All American
Response Trigger
Maddmann Spring Kit
Ricochet AK
Pmi N2 Tank
Palmer Direct Stab
Al Tube+ F Bolt
Rufus Dawg Center Feed
Custom Milling
Custom Paint
Many Mods
Skitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 8:22pm

I've shot an RT with a DT before, and personally I like the single trigger over the DT.

If a stock comptable with the Rocket Cock 2?

Tippmann 98 custom RT
Apache
14" J&J ceramic
Black/green hybrid grip
Broadsword vest
Remote line
Proto Switch EL
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 9:17pm
The palmers should do a good enough job that you don't need to go to hpa. It's all preference but, since you play strictly woods you may consider a remote line over a drop. It's up to you, though. If you really want a woods/milsim look go with a stock and a remote line.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
Gerbil of Doom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerbil of Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 9:29pm

so you want to lighten your trigger?

1. pen spring mod (go find a clicky pen, and take the spring out of it and cut it so that it is the same sizes as the stock: if the trigger does not feel lighter then stretch out the spring and cut it to the same size as the stock again. if you start to have double fire problems (shooting more then once on one pull) then the spring is too light< try again but try to do what you did before but lighter (i.e. not stretching it as long, cuting less links, different springs (brass, aluinum, steel)
  2. trigger stop (there are two ways to make a trigger stop, 1. on the trigger guard (drill a 1/8 hole in the double trigger guard near the bottom of the trigger, then go and get a 3/8 or 1/4 8-32 set screw, and a 8-32 tap, tap the hole screw in the set screw and adjust it turing right untill the trigger stops firing, then slowly turn left untill it barly fires, then tune it untill you like it) 2. in the frame (go and get a large enough tap for the RT hole and tap it, then go and find a screw either hex/phillp with the trigger mesurements to the tap, and screw it in) ^^ adjust as above.)
  3. pretravel and overtravel screw(pretravel screw is a set screw that adjusts how fast back the trigger goes when its idling(sitting there ready to be fired) overtravel screw is a set screw that adjusts when the trigger stops (aka trigger stop) so all you need is the pretravel screw, since i explained the trigger stop above, all you have to do is get a set screw that i said about in the trigger stop, (1/4 3/8 8-32) and tap the trigger return, screw it in adjust and fire.
  4. sear mod(sear mods are simple just get either a small diameter straw and put it where the sear rest, this couples with the pretravel screw.

this is all that you need in a trigger job

do a search for whatever you are looking for in the Uber Upgrades & FAQ thread that is stickied to the top of the discussion page.

Edited by Gerbil of Doom
ProCarbine
16" Dye Ultralite
Egg II
R/T
Double Trigger
Red Dye Grips
Remote Line

Autococker as a backup w/6 piece J&J kit, eclipse ram, Worr Frame.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic