Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas operated automatic PB guns?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 11:00am
the SMG feeds fast enough to keep up with the runaway.

the Factory F/A used a double sear system to delay the next shot.
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 3:38pm
just buy the damn e-trigger or RT and shut up already...
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

There is a very limited market for full auto only guns - hence the F/A and SMG are both out of production.

The Tippmann F/A was mechanical select fire.  The safety controlled how far back the trigger could be pulled.  In "semi" it operated just like any other mech-semi; but, in "auto" the trigger could be pulled back farther which disengaged the sear.  The ROF was slowed by twin hydraulic pistons which engaged/released a second sear.  This kept it from shooting so fast that it broke paint.  I know from personal experience that the system was a major pain to keep properly timed.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 4:41am
im tellen ya, get a RP or an E-trigger, itll be all better...
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 8:14pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

The Tippmann F/A was mechanical select fire. 

I stand corrected.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 1:09am
The ATS line is still in production.

Thats mechanical select fire as well.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 10:11am

^^^^   Those I knew about - but with the ATS guns, I will refer back to my "complicated" note.

:)

Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 1:39pm
And the more complicated the design, the more problems there are that can arise.

Originally posted by Destroy_Boy Destroy_Boy wrote:

Hell, why not make smaller, bullet shaped paintballs that fire out of a rifled barrel?

Paintballs aren't all perfectly round. Rifling would actually work against accuracy in paintball.
^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

"high velocity + automatic fire =lawsuits"

No, I believe 1000 fps is when it counts as a "fire arm". I never said it was a firearm.  I don't think that's true anyhow.  I've seen low power bullets that fire 850fps.  It doesn't even matter if it's a firearm anyway.   Besides, if you can fire it at people in semi-auto, automatic won't matter. Acutally, it would.  People sometimes panic and hold the trigger down.  this results in overshooting and lots of meaningless pain. I see where you're coming from, but, at some point we need to stop acting like pansies, WE ARE NOT DREW BLEDSOE FOR GOD's SAKES! So what if you get shot 10,000 times DB got sacked 10,000 times(not literally but...) I mean you play for fun, and so there are repercussions, it's equivalent exchange you play with automatics so do they, therefore you run the risk of getting shot many times, if you don't like it, then don't play or find somewhere else, or better yet, make your own place...   And also, if that were true, what about the electronically operated automatic guns? Just because they have a full-auto setting doesn't mean it's allowed on the fields.  They have a semi-auto setting for a reason.  I know it's not true automatic, but still.

It's probably a state or city thing for where you live.

But seriously, I think I remember reading that 1000fps is the cut off.

EDIT: Take none of that seriously, I just really hate Drew Bledsoe... damnit... am I spelling that right?

Edited by ^Pirate^

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
Mr.Shake56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Shake56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 10:21pm

high velocity + automatic fire =lawsuits, bad points for out sport, and perhaps banning of personal markers.......funny how 1+1 can equil three......

BINGO!!!
Mr.Shake56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Shake56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 10:21pm

high velocity + automatic fire =lawsuits, bad points for out sport, and perhaps banning of personal markers.......funny how 1+1 can equil three......

BINGO!! we dont want any lawsuits lol
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 9:03am
There was no reason to double-post.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 1:45pm
rifling in a paintball barrel would be useless...

think about it... a paintball is a liquid filled shell.  that liquid is what makes rifling useless.  if you put a spin on that shell, the liquid doesn't exactly have to spin the same direction/speed.  although certain spins can and will affect the flight of a paintball, flatline and apex barrels utilize this, rifling barrels and putting a spin on the paintball will not make it any more accurate. 

also, making paintballs bullet shaped... this complicates things even more... you then need a new feed system so that each round is loaded the correct way.  with the way it is now... as long as the paintball is in the chamber, it's ready to go.

the only way to really get accuracy is to first get consistency.  compressed air and good regulators are key in making this happen.  you also need a good quality barrel... and you usually get what you pay for.  i'm not a big fan of J&J ceramics... did you know that any anodizing procedure produces a small layer of ceramic... at least i believe so.  I'm a huge fan of cp barrels.  anyway... those 2 components along with practice practice practice.  i can give you the most consistent gun with the best barrel on the market and without the ability to aim, you aren't going to shoot anything. 

and finally back on subject... sure companies could make mechanical full auto markers, but the demand isn't high enough.  the majority of the paintball market is going to established fields that have insurance.  these insurance companies don't allow full automatic fire due to safety reasons.  sure you might be a backyard baller, but you should still be concerned for safety.  if i cranked the velocity up on my gun and played, i'd be a danger to everyone i am shooting at.  anything over 300 feet per second can damage the goggles out there and i don't know about you but i like my eyes. 

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by ^Pirate^ ^Pirate^ wrote:

"high velocity + automatic fire =lawsuits"

No, I believe 1000 fps is when it counts as a "fire arm". I never said it was a firearm.  I don't think that's true anyhow.  I've seen low power bullets that fire 850fps.  It doesn't even matter if it's a firearm anyway.   Besides, if you can fire it at people in semi-auto, automatic won't matter. Acutally, it would.  People sometimes panic and hold the trigger down.  this results in overshooting and lots of meaningless pain. I see where you're coming from, but, at some point we need to stop acting like pansies, WE ARE NOT DREW BLEDSOE FOR GOD's SAKES! So what if you get shot 10,000 times DB got sacked 10,000 times(not literally but...) I mean you play for fun, and so there are repercussions, it's equivalent exchange you play with automatics so do they, therefore you run the risk of getting shot many times, if you don't like it, then don't play or find somewhere else, or better yet, make your own place...   And also, if that were true, what about the electronically operated automatic guns? Just because they have a full-auto setting doesn't mean it's allowed on the fields.  They have a semi-auto setting for a reason.  I know it's not true automatic, but still.

It's probably a state or city thing for where you live.

But seriously, I think I remember reading that 1000fps is the cut off.

EDIT: Take none of that seriously, I just really hate Drew Bledsoe... damnit... am I spelling that right?
lol.  well, i wouldn't mind it much, but if a new player who wasn't used to it had an experiance like that, they prolly would never play again.  also it's a pain to clean off the paint (if they're shooting expensive paint).  specially on gogs.  i hate gogs.
X
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 7:20pm
maybe so, but iv personally seen them save ur butt (face same thing) several times
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 7:25pm
no, your thinking of goggles, i use the term gogs as getting shot in the goggles..... sorry for the confusion
X
Abodame99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abodame99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 6:04pm

Originally posted by sneaky_sniper sneaky_sniper wrote:

do i have to go over this again, it doesnt matter how much air pressure is in it, and how fast it goes, if it runs on air, its an air gun, theyre called FIRE arms because of the propellent is set on FIRE and causes gasses to exspand and force the projectile out of the muzzil, no matter how fast it goes i dont care if its 534,532,532,452,345fps, unless it uses some form of FIRE to propell it, its not a FIRE arm, if it uses air, its and air gun

well in that case wouldn't the c3 be a "firearm"? 

98c
Double trigger
Responce trigger
expansion chamber
14" J&J Ceramic
rocketcock 2
polished internals
Soon to come:
Barrel shroud(haven't determined one yet)
Magazine
Collapsable stock

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 6:49pm
^^^prolly.
X
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 6:53pm
yea, it is
dmp4892 View Drop Down
Goodbye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:00pm
no.
It uses the combustion of the propane to drive a piston which in turn compresses enough air to fire the gun, and the air propels the ball.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic