Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

powder coating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote narmyof1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: powder coating
    Posted: 02 December 2005 at 8:56pm
does anyone one know if it is possible to powder coat the 98c shells..or is powder coating to hot???
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 9:56pm
Yes you can powder coat them.

Back in the day, lots of people would send their receiver halves to SiN Customs to have that done. I don't think they're around anymore though.

If you have the ability to do it yourself... cool!
narmyof1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote narmyof1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 6:37pm
i have a comp. that will do it for me but they wanted me to make sure that 400* wasnt to hot for the shell,they where thinking that it might melt.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2005 at 8:17pm
the 98c comes powdercoated, i think. as a matter of fact, its oversprayed! you have to polish the internals to even bring it up to its potential! the pro series fixed this, or so i heard.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic