Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wisconsin - Shoot Rambino! NEW DATE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wisconsin - Shoot Rambino! NEW DATE
    Posted: 04 January 2006 at 2:44pm

So, just for kicks and giggles, I will post here (most of the time) when I am playing.  So if anybody wants to come shoot at me, they are welcome.

I usually play at BFG on Wednesday nights, and occasionally at Dave's indoor field on Wednesday nights.  During the summer I can be found at Dave's SPLAT Camp every now and then on weekends.

My next planned game is one week from today - I will be at BFG on January 11.  It might get pushed back a week, but it is looking good.

I will throw my C3 in the trunk, in case somebody wants to try it.

At BFG I am easy to recognize in my fatigues and Tippmann t-shirt.

Hope to see some cheeseheads there!

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 6:37pm
funny you mention it... i was going to try to make it out there that day as well... but only if UPS actually pays me for the work i did... i'll see what i can do!
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2006 at 10:37pm
Bump for me.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 1:38pm
got paid... finally... and my great friend paid me for some of the things she owed me for... and the people that might go with me have scuba tanks so i don't have to pay for air! all is right in the world. 

i'll be there with bells on around 6
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 1:11pm

I wish I had a car...

I'd drive all the way to Wisconsin, if only to shoot a lawyer...

Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 2:29pm

Well, it's on tonight!

This will be the inauguration for my Angel.  I have spent some time in the shop shooting it, and it is pretty clear that I have stuff to learn about how to properly set and walk an electro trigger.  So don't expect long strings from me (other than maybe long strings of profanity).

But I'll be having fun all the same.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 5:17pm
haha... yeah... it can be tough to get used to.  i still can't hold a solid stream for that long... w/o ramping anyway 
fishsticks View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Better than a sharp stick in the eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishsticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 1:29am
Maybe this summer I'll go spend a weekend at my brothers place in West Allis. He's always up for a good day of paintball, and I'm always game for trying new fields.

A gun is not a weapon... It's a tool. Like a butcher knife, or a harpoon, or...uh, a...an alligator.

Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:52am

Well, round one of the Shoot Rambino series went off well.

I did indeed get shot about a zillion times by PCF, by I still claim moral victory due to my domination in the 1-on-1 game we played.  Those 5 times he bunkered me later in the day don't really count as much, IMO.

My Angel performed well, and I got some nifty trigger suggestions from the refs.  Fun for all.

I'll let you guys know when I head back up.

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:00am
Go stock class next time.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:37am
haha yeah... you owned me 1 on 1, but i always start slow and get better.  case and point the second game where pretty much rolled the second team.  and the last minute of the last game... lit the one kid up who decided to run right at me, bunkered the one kid then ran up and did you, then got rambo'd by a kid i didn't even know was still in... good stuff.

great night besides the barrel breaks and the C3 not working....
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:46am

Yeah, the C3 thing was puzzling.  It's got to be the fuel mix, so I'll just have to take some time to tinker with it.

The other interesting note was a ref delicately suggesting that I was cheating - a first for me.  I was offended initially, but I guess I should be happy that they were on top of things, and I thought he hit just the right note of discretion.  So I'll have to go with good reffing, which always helps.  Still hate to be accused of cheating anyway.

And, of course, I suffered my first balls shot.  Thank god for baggy pants.

Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2006 at 10:28pm

Short notice here, but I am probably going to BFG tomorrow night again.

If anybody else is there as well, this is your chance to light me up.

I haven't decided yet which guns to bring.  We'll see what grabs me in the morning.

:)

Fubarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fubarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2006 at 5:52am
Unfortunatly I'm on the wrong side of the state. Winter paintballing choices are a bit limited on the west side of the state (rep the 715!...ok, that was silly, just pretend I didn't say that). Usually end up having to cross the river into the land of loons.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2006 at 10:02am
heh... i'd like to go break in the new freestyle... but i'm broke.  i think i just might have to wait until my birthday in mid-april to go again.  
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 2:54pm

Well, yesterday was a bust for playing, since nobody showed up.

But I did shoot my Mag and Angel in the range, and they are both working very nicely.  I am definitely starting to get the hang of the electro trigger concept - got quite a few very nice strings going...  :)

SO - I am almost certainly going again next Wednesday (the 15th), again at BFG.  Everybody else should come too, so we can have a nice game.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 1:57am
pay for me and i'll think about it... 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic