Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98c anti chop plz give input

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strike 2 - Spamming 8/2/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat10590 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98c anti chop plz give input
    Posted: 11 January 2006 at 6:32pm

i was sitting there in english class today thinking of gun mods then i thought that i could make a shot counter by milling out the ball detent area and putting a microswitch with an arm on it in there and hook that up to a pedometer then i thought ... why would i do that when i could hook it to the board and use it as an anti chop it might need a force feed but i think i could make it work

it sounds like a good i dea to me what about you??

Edited by mat10590 - 11 January 2006 at 6:33pm
[IMG">http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style1,Mat10590.png">
i do everthing full auto.....yes that includes stealthy
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 8:45pm

Well someone already put a DM3 or DM4 board in one with eyes in a 98 so anything is possible. And for the shot counter to work you would have to have an LCD screen for it to be anyuse at all and i have a shot counter on my gun and it serves no purpose whatsoever

So do whatever you want.

sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 10:07pm
i didnt fully understand that... but sounds good
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
mat10590 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spamming 8/2/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat10590 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 6:43pm
no the point wasnt for the shot counter that was just how i came up with the idea why woould i need a shot counter when i could just look in the hopper
[IMG">http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style1,Mat10590.png">
i do everthing full auto.....yes that includes stealthy
the_ion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_ion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 3:56pm
because if you wanted an exact count then you would use a shot counter
Team "Suburbian Heros"

Agent_Orange33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Orange33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 4:12pm

Originally posted by the_ion the_ion wrote:

because if you wanted an exact count then you would use a shot counter

yeah that seems to be the simple answer

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by >><< >><< wrote:

Well someone already put a DM3 or DM4 board in one with eyes in a 98 so anything is possible. And for the shot counter to work you would have to have an LCD screen for it to be anyuse at all and i have a shot counter on my gun and it serves no purpose whatsoever

So do whatever you want.

the shot counter is useful because it can let you know how much paint you've used, which is also letting you know how much paint you have left, which can come in handy if you know the exact number of balls your hopper holds :)
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
painter w/balz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter w/balz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2006 at 1:40pm

then just make it to count backwards, that way simple subtraction is taken out of the equation

KlauseFluoride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KlauseFluoride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2006 at 7:53pm
Wouldn't the switch have to be tripped in order to check for a ball in the chamber, meaning it wouldn't detect one until you fired it?
Just to alert everyone, "Gun maintenace and repair" is misspelled.
KobraII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KobraII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by >><< >><< wrote:

So do whatever you want.

I've seen a video of that gun I think.  It was a home-painted red 98c with the cutout for the LCD and everything.  Wire for the eyes, and everything.  Fired 20 BPS, no debounce or ramping
shoschett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoschett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 6:50pm
So you basically want to do like whats in an ION so the bolt won't fire unless the sensor thing is cleared?

Edited by shoschett - 07 February 2006 at 6:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic