Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

old vs new flatline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: old vs new flatline
    Posted: 18 January 2006 at 9:09pm
Why does the flatline for the a5 completely suck compared to the old one.  I mean I know the previous one was a little longer putting more backspin on the ball but you would think the new would atleast stay up to par.  Or am I just smoking crack?
Koop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 12:14am
 I have owned and used both, and i think i can safely say the old flatline is a total piece of rubbish. Ive had no problems out of my A-%'s at all. That 98c one just did agree with me.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 8:44am

My flatline for My A-5 doesn't suck at all, in fact I'd have to say that you have your argument backwards. I never had any luck with the M98 flatline, they can be a pain for someone to install who hasn't done it before. The Flatline for the A-5 is simple to install, and very effective.

Why does it suck so much? Give specifics here, so we know what you're talking about.

?

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by fatback fatback wrote:

Why does the flatline for the a5 completely suck compared to the old one.  I mean I know the previous one was a little longer putting more backspin on the ball but you would think the new would atleast stay up to par.  Or am I just smoking crack?

i've done tonnes of research on this and found most people agree that they are either equal in accuracy, or the a-5 is better.  Maybe you're playin when it's too windy

In a no-wind situation the flatline barrels both have better accuracy than some high quality straight barrels (when hold very straight anyways)
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2006 at 8:13pm

somthing must be wrong with mine, I get like a three foot spread at about 75 feet.  I use pro ball but no matter what paint I use it is the same result.  My velocity is at 280.

Pro_Carbine View Drop Down
Struck out with naughty language 2/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro_Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2006 at 9:51pm
Since when did they make a new flatline?
98c
R/T
Eggy w/ Z-Board
Hpa Tank
Double Trigger
Drop Foward
12" Smart Parts Progresive
Team Morelli Company
"autococker with 40 inch hammerhead barrel mounted onto a flatline"-Lester98c LOL
Monkey Dust View Drop Down
Total Idiot - Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2006 at 7:46am

There are two flatlines

Do you mean one for the A-5 and one for the 98!

a new breed of dracula!!!!!!

fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2006 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Monkey Dust Monkey Dust wrote:

There are two flatlines

Do you mean one for the A-5 and one for the 98!

Hello have you ever looked at the 98, the thing is significantly longer

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic