Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Update: Parrot 98 as of 1/30*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Update: Parrot 98 as of 1/30*
    Posted: 30 January 2006 at 6:12pm

Aight guys. Well, since I last posted my 98c, I've done a lot of milling to it. Mostly becuase the paintjob got screwed up by playing (Skirmish in a foot of snow), and I just got tired of it. So, I've been aganizingly working on it for the past month or so. I'm partially finished. Just got some tuching up to do. Anyway, heres the goods...

Updated98cPics002.jpg

Updated98cPics007.jpg

Specs:

• Empire Reloader B
  • 14" SP All American
  • DOP Bullet Drop
  • 68/4500 Crossy HP
  • Pen spring mod, O-Ring hopper wobble fix mod, quieting the sear spring mod, polished inny's, and the top cocking mod.
  • Custom Milling (Duh) which includes the whole site rail, rear sight, back o' the grip frame (both rounded corner, and the actual back of the grip frame was flattened for a more comfy feal), a lot of milling to the front grip, milled letters, velocity hole, safety warning, internal milling for a lighter gun, etc.

As you can probably see, the gun is extremely light, and very sleek. And just if you're wondering, the cocking rod is super-glued into the back and front bolts so when I shoot it doesn't pop out. Still to come: Quick Strip mod, trigger stops, some touch up, cutting down the cocking knob, etc. And when I'm all finished, I'm either going to give it another Parrot paint job, or get it powder coated a Red. Hope yall' likey.

MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
The_GOAT View Drop Down
What happened to my post count?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_GOAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 6:16pm

paint it before it hurts my eyes again

SP Vision Imp w/ ALL NDZ internals, CP flame drop w/ on/off, Freak-AA tip, lowrise feedneck, NDZ Pro-Mag trigger, tapeworm, NDZ lpr cap, NDZ ti. bolt pin, maybe thats it?
EggII
88/4500 Crossfire
Ash Ketchum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Ketchum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 6:18pm
HOLY SMALL PIC LINK BATMAN
dmp4892. View Drop Down
guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 6:19pm
DAMN! Lots of milling.. It looks like a tube with grips, lol. But it looks cool.
ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 6:35pm
Needs paint so bad.......
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 6:37pm
wut xolor u piantin it
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 6:48pm

Originally posted by Ash Ketchum Ash Ketchum wrote:

HOLY SMALL PIC LINK BATMAN

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge smart one. Wutta' I gotta spoon feed you guys? ^^And paintbusta, I'm probably going to get it powder coated Red.

MacDev Militia
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 7:06pm

I think powdercoated is the way to go.  If you randomly find a wad of cash layin around, check this out:

http://fbmfactory.com/fbmf/gallery.html

dirtbike14455 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbike14455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 7:08pm
go powder coat. I powder coated my old 98 and that thing took so much abuse and never got a scratch
MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 7:25pm
sweet! thats cool, Good job it will be even better wonse you paint
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 7:29pm
the paintjob kills it....
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 7:42pm
i remember that gun!  it looks great!
what?
PaulJ69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by The_GOAT The_GOAT wrote:

paint it before it hurts my eyes again

but nice job on the milling and the top cocking
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 8:48pm
so sleek and so light looking....really needs a nice coat of paint though. Red would look cool.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
FlyGuy10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyGuy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

I think powdercoated is the way to go.  If you randomly find a wad of cash layin around, check this out:

I'm pretty sure you can't anodize tippmanns....anyway it was a good thought.

my tippmann is better than yours

pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 9:45pm
awsome job on the milling dude , i bet it will look great when it is all done
gdrumm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdrumm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 9:52pm
Really nice job on the milling.  One thing though.  Somebody suggested that it looks like a tube with a hopper attached, and that's true, but why keep the handle if you're gonna go ahead and do all that work?  Not a criticism, just curious.

Good work though!  Can't wait to see it painted.
Gary - A.K.A. Captain Ursus

MilsimOG
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by FlyGuy10 FlyGuy10 wrote:

Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can't anodize tippmanns....anyway it was a good thought.

You're 100% right. But, we are talking about powder coating, not anodizing.

^^And I was thinking about completely taking off the front handle, but I came across 2 see-able problems. 1. If I were to make it flush to the rest of the body, I would take off the one remaining elbow mount... And I don't plan on making a ghetto centerfeed. 2. I'm planning on doing a 90* front grip some how... so I need the grip. 

Any other ideas guys are welcome. If you got a sick idea, throw it out there. Right now I'm thinking about the 90* foregrip, and a removable frame.

MacDev Militia
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 10:33pm
do you live in PA?  theres alot better fields than skirmish stonemak was really good until the cut there field size, cobra is suposed to be nice, and Lehigh Valley is alright if you dont mind playing inside a big hampster cage.
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 10:35pm
Sweet milling I think im going to do something similer.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic