Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebby_90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ion
    Posted: 12 February 2006 at 8:46pm
Is the Ion going to be a lot harder to clean and maintain than my Custom Pro?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 10:24pm
Spool valve guns are a totally different animal from poppet. Ion's are a little finicky too
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 11:17pm

I have both, and both are very easy to maintain and clean.  However, you have to be a bit more gentle with the Ion, due to the fact you have electronics and macro and micro line hoses to worry about loosening up.  Then again, it's pretty easy to loose the sight sping on the 98CPro.  I can strip clean both markers in about 15 minutes, each, but I rarely take the firing house apart on the Ion (that would add another 10 minutes or more). 

Just a hint, for the Ion, get a ball headed allen driver.  That'll make it alot easier to remove the grip frame screw from under the trigger guard and behind the trigger frame.  Otherwise, if you use a regular allen wrench, you'll only be turning the screw about 1/4 turn at a time.

oletimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oletimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 6:40pm
Ion's are crap if you mess with them they break there also not as durable as a tippmann.
I've got a notion to put my ass in motion.
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 10:08pm

Originally posted by oletimer oletimer wrote:

Ion's are crap if you mess with them they break there also not as durable as a tippmann.

I have both.  Yes, the Tippmann is more robust, but the Ion is extremely easy to work on, also.  With the Ion, there aren't parts to loose, like the sight spring on the Tippmann.  I'm guessing you either don't have an Ion or are not very saavy at taking things apart.  I installed a friends QEV, Kila detents and new feedneck in about 20 minutes, start to finish.  The only thing you have to be gentle with, is taking the trigger frame from the firing chamber (you have to be a bit gentle pushing the board up and out with your thumb) and then be gentle not to throw around the board-hose assembly.  Other than that, piece of cake.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic