Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SHOW US YOUR SENARIO GUNS/GEAR PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:29pm

two things ive noticed.

1: this is the longest "post your gear here" thread ive ever seen

2: EVERY BLEEDIN SCENARIO POST HAS TO HAVE SOME RETARDED SNIPER ARGUMENT! IT DOESNT MATTER!

[/rant]

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 9:41pm

My 1337 sn1pp3r g47

Mantis Factory Owned Alias Intimidator

Infamous Board
Custom Humphry Noid
Matching Dye Ultralite (14” n’ 16” fronts)
CP Reg
Custom Design Delrin Bolt (1 of 2 designed for Mantis)
Hybrid Ram & Sleeve
CCM Clamping Feedneck
Dark (?) Trigger Guard
CP Swoop Trigger
Bob Long Panels

Hybrid Grenade Grips
Stiffi Barrel
M6 Tadao
CP Trigger

EDIT: How's that for a timmy sucking Baewolf?

Edited by usafpilot07 - 18 March 2006 at 9:45pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
OOshanis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OOshanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 1:35pm
that so far is the best scenario gun that i have ever seen....really nice gun u got there
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

My 1337 sn1pp3r g47

Infamous Board
Custom Humphry Noid
CP Reg
Hybrid Ram & Sleeve
CCM Clamping Feedneck
Dark (?) Trigger Guard
CP Swoop Trigger
Bob Long Panels

Hybrid Grenade Grips
Stiffi Barrel
M6 Tadao
CP Trigger

WINNER! OF ALL TIME! also JESUS FRIKKEN CHRIST DROP THE LAME SNIPER FLAME THREAD

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Baewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 5:30pm

My 1337 sn1pp3r g47

Infamous Board
Custom Humphry Noid
CP Reg
Hybrid Ram & Sleeve
CCM Clamping Feedneck
Dark (?) Trigger Guard
CP Swoop Trigger
Bob Long Panels

Hybrid Grenade Grips
Stiffi Barrel
M6 Tadao
CP Trigger

Oh I'm sorry did you take that comment to heart, it actually was not directed at you. It was in the context of a conversation. And I won't say that your gun sucks, for a speed ball gun it looks quite expensive and interesting. Not a scenerio gun, and I am not big on the color floresent green. But hey if this mantis thingy is what you like then, hey all the power too you.

Edited by Baewolf - 19 March 2006 at 5:49pm
Don't bring a speed ball gun to a woods ball fight
Gabster08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabster08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 7:00pm
i love it that gun looks awesome. A freakin +.YEAH!
Setup:
Super Blue Nexus Ego
Ul barrel
45/45 pmi
vlocity
Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Baewolf Baewolf wrote:

My 1337 sn1pp3r g47

Infamous Board
Custom Humphry Noid
CP Reg
Hybrid Ram & Sleeve
CCM Clamping Feedneck
Dark (?) Trigger Guard
CP Swoop Trigger
Bob Long Panels

Hybrid Grenade Grips
Stiffi Barrel
M6 Tadao
CP Trigger

Oh I'm sorry did you take that comment to heart, it actually was not directed at you. It was in the context of a conversation. And I won't say that your gun sucks, for a speed ball gun it looks quite expensive and interesting. Not a scenerio gun, and I am not big on the color floresent green. But hey if this mantis thingy is what you like then, hey all the power too you.

Speedball is a type of scenario you play out.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

so baewolf... answer my question...

if i go into the snake on a speedball course, pop up and take out 3 people not looking at me... and remain hidden from the rest of the team..

am i a sniper?

anyone in their right mind is going to try to stay concealed... especially in the woods!  that doesn't make em a super duper snipzorz... get over it.

still waiting baewolf...
savantix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savantix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:30pm

You guys arguing about "secnario vs Milsim" are just spliting hairs, both types of guns can be used for both types of games [obviously one is better than the other for each situation] . I think it was prety obvious what the guy who started the thread was looking for though.

Also "procarbinefreak"  whats the point of trying to convince baewolf there is no such thing as snipers in paintball. Are you really trying to help him out, are you trying to open his eyes to the truth or are you just trying to be RIGHT. seriously, why do you care about him being a sniper so much, you probably will never even play with him. i dont know him either, im just pointing out that you are just playing devils advocate and arguing a problem with no right answer.

Oshkosh Wisconsin
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:20pm
savantix

You hit the nail on the head with your responce.

usafpilot07 hows that stiffi barrel? Im thinking about getting one for my mag. What paint do you use with it?
Baewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:33pm

so baewolf... answer my question...

if i go into the snake on a speedball course, pop up and take out 3 people not looking at me... and remain hidden from the rest of the team..

am i a sniper?

anyone in their right mind is going to try to stay concealed... especially in the woods!  that doesn't make em a super duper snipzorz... get over it.

still waiting baewolf...

Funny usually you just backup or agree with anything that Snake6 says don't make direct statements or have thoughts of your own. But okay i'll answer your question,
"if i go into the snake on a speedball course, pop up and take out 3 people not looking at me... and remain hidden from the rest of the team..

am i a sniper?"

So what you are saying is that the other players just happened to not be looking at you so you shot them in the back, then you layed there with your head down so no one could see you and you are asking me if you would then be considered a sniper. Wow I don't know, I guess first off you lucked out that the people you shot at were not looking at you so you shot them in the back, then you hid behind something so no one else would see you hoping that the oportunity would avail itself again. I tell you what I will tell you about something that happened two weeks ago while I was playing and you tell me if there is any difference between what happened to me and your example.

I was playing defence in a woods ball game, I was wearing my ghillie that I made, I had found a downed tree and was positioned under it, the other team advanced, and all the members of my team except for me and one more player was taken out, he was behind me laid down behind some piled up logs, a player with an ion, named Cory was advancing past the bunkers ahead of us towards our position, I layed there watching him ,move towards us, and I waited until , he got within 15 feet of my position, when he came out from behind the trees he had his gun raised, but not pointed at me, he was looking straight over me and was aiming at the guy positioned behind me. So I hit him in the chest with three shots, and he walked out. Next another player came in on my right side and I shifted positon, and when he tried to sprint around our position and flank us shot him twice. The last guy on their team made his way to the rather large empty bunker closest to us, directly in line with my teamate behind me, he started making long shots, but at my teamate behind me, so when I got the chance I signaled for him to move around to the left side. He fired a few shots at him and the other guy fired a few back, then when the oponent raised up to shoot him and I had a clear shot I put two in the side of his head.
We won the round and I waited until the last oponent left before I came out of my position. When I got out and we all started talking the first guy that I shot said that he had no idea where I was, even though he was looking directly my way and was gunning for the guy behind me, the second guy said that he still has not idea where the shots came from, and the third guy I shot was convinced that it was the other opponent that shot him, until I pointed out the fact that my paintballs are green and his are red.
I seem to think there is a difference, it is a mindset, a style of play, it requires patience, and allot of work. I know that there are speedballers out there that would wipe the field with me on a speed ball field, hell one of the guys that started playing with us this weekend has played competive speedball for 10 years, and never played woodsball until this weekend. He got shot to **edited**, I never seen someone run around so much in the woods, but he had a good time. I think there is a big difference between being shot by someone from 15 feet when you were looking straight at them and walking away not knowing where they were, and being shot by someone who just happend to be lucky enough to have you looking the other way.

But hey it's just my opinion, call it a mind set if you will, and yes to save face or to prove to everyone that you are right, you are sure to fire back with something like see there is no difference or, I was shooting at people from a concealed position so it counts as sniping, and you know if you can't see it then I guess thats why you play speed ball and I play only woods ball. And as for this disagreement, this is the end of it for me, I guess I really don't care much what you guys think anymore. I am however still going to share this mindset with other people on this site, if they choose to listen. Oh and do us all a favor, when someone like me comes on this site with a picture of their Tippmann gun remember you are on a Tippmann forum before you start cutting them apart telling them about how their, Tippmann made Stock, and Tippmann made Expansion chamber is useless.

OOshanis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OOshanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 12:22am

Baewolf laid it out, no offense procarbinefreak but people can have their own opinions on things

please read this

Originally posted by savantix savantix wrote:

Also "procarbinefreak"  whats the point of trying to convince baewolf there is no such thing as snipers in paintball. Are you really trying to help him out, are you trying to open his eyes to the truth or are you just trying to be RIGHT. seriously, why do you care about him being a sniper so much, you probably will never even play with him. i dont know him either, im just pointing out that you are just playing devils advocate and arguing a problem with no right answer.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:17am

Methinks pcf hit a nerve with Baewolf?

I usually stay away from these rather goofy sniper discussions (and I like milsim as much as the next guy, and I certainly think everybody should play however they like), but I have to make the rather obvious observations:

1.  It was rather polite of Baewolf's opponents to come at him one at a time.  It they were less stupid and played like an actual team he would have been dead rather fast.  Basic woodsball skills involves teamwork, not wandering off by yourself.  It doesn't count as being outnumbered when your opponents effectively play you 1-on-1.  That's like Bruce Lee defeating a million opponents, as they stand around him in a circle and attack on at a time.  That example sounded like an opsgear video.  In reality those situations only happen rarely, unless you are playing against the local special ed school.

2.  Baewolf wasn't a "sniper" in any meaningful sense of the word - he was simply a well-hidden guy on defense, who had the good fortune to have people walk on by (one at a time).  He chose a good defending spot, his Ion-wielding team-mate chose a poor hiding spot.  but every woodsplayer with any skill knows not to hide in the obvious spot - that doesn't make you a "sniper", it just makes you "not an idiot".

3.  It is unclear whether Baewolf was being sarcastic or simply has no speedball experience, but his description/criticism of pcf's snake scenario makes no sense, and certainly misses the point of just how similar the situations are, except that pcf's example involves very aggressive play.  Playing the snake is a specific technique for getting around to flank people, hopefully unawares.  It is quite common in speedball to be shooting people who don't know where you are - that's the best way.  I thought pcf's hypothetical made a lot of sense, and Baewolf's dismissal displayed only lack of understanding.

OS has it right on this point, although I think he overdoes the rhetoric a bit - virtually every skill, tactic, and maneuver employed by self-described "snipers" is also employed by every other woodsball player out there.  Baewolf's defense example sounds exactly like every time I play woodsball defense, minus the ghillie and the stupid opponents.  That doesn't make me a sniper - it makes me a non-stupid woodsball player.

That said, I think this is mostly a matter of semantics - nobody doubts that good fieldcraft skills are helpful in the woods.  The "question" is merely whether that makes you a "sniper" or just "woodsballer".

Edited by Clark Kent - 20 March 2006 at 1:18am
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:29am

agg sn1p3z0r ma4k3r 

OOshanis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OOshanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:40am

yo that is the best sn1pez0r @ng31 3v3r, i7 \/\/1/|/$ 7h3 pr1z3

that took some time

spartan119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartan119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 3:10am

Why do you guys even care if somone likes to play a "sniper" or a "sniper"-like role in paintball?  This whole thread has been ignorant speedballers trying to tell somone that there is no such thing as a sniper in paintball.  You're obviously not going to change his mind, because he is playing a "sniper" in the paintball sense of the word (which could more accurately be classified as a sharpshooter), and it is working for him.  A sniper rifle can shoot farther/more accurately than a normal rifle in real life, and with a standard barrel, that is not so in paintball.  However, a "sniper" in both the real world and in the paintball one use a minimal amount of shots to exterminiate his target(s), and fire at his enemy from a concealed location, like was previously mentioned. Even though, especially in speedball, unless you have a pump, you are most likely not going to use a minimal amount of shots like was stated earlier in order to be classified as a "sniper."  If you want to go and be a **edited** and say that your a l33t sniper if you take the snake and get a few guys out without them seeing you, then that's fine, but please, after you do so find yourself a hobby that involves interacting with people that you can physically socialize with, or at least find yourself a girlfriend so you won't feel the need to go on the internet and spend your time challenging forumers to intellectual battles and trying to disprove paintball sniping.

thank you.  

Edited by spartan119 - 20 March 2006 at 3:16am

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:48am
Originally posted by spartan119 spartan119 wrote:

Why do you guys even care if somone likes to play a "sniper" or a "sniper"-like role in paintball?  This whole thread has been ignorant speedballers trying to tell somone that there is no such thing as a sniper in paintball. I play more Woodsball/Scenerio than I play Speedball, but I enjoy a good Speedball game as much as anyone else. You're obviously not going to change his mind, because he is playing a "sniper" in the paintball sense of the word (which could more accurately be classified as a sharpshooter), and it is working for him.  A sniper rifle can shoot farther/more accurately than a normal rifle in real life, and with a standard barrel, that is not so in paintball.  However, a "sniper" in both the real world and in the paintball one use a minimal amount of shots to exterminiate his target(s), and fire at his enemy from a concealed location, like was previously mentioned. You forget the other points that are required of being a Sniper. 1.) A Sniper must Fire from beyond the range of effective return fire. 2.) A Sniper must have the ability to Egress the the area without being engaged after taking a shot. 3.) A Sniper Eliminates High-Value Targets, Such as Enemy officers, Radiomen, Crew Served Weaponry, etc. Even though, especially in speedball, unless you have a pump, you are most likely not going to use a minimal amount of shots like was stated earlier in order to be classified as a "sniper." The last time I checked you can pull the trigger on a Matrix and only make one ball shoot.  If you want to go and be a **edited** and say that your a l33t sniper if you take the snake and get a few guys out without them seeing you, then that's fine, but please, after you do so find yourself a hobby that involves interacting with people that you can physically socialize with, or at least find yourself a girlfriend so you won't feel the need to go on the internet and spend your time challenging forumers to intellectual battles and trying to disprove paintball sniping. I disagree. The burdon of proof is not on the Anti-Sniping crowd, it is on the Pro-Sniping crowd. You have to prove that basic Sniper tactics can be fielded effectivly in the game of paintball, I don't have to prove that they cannot. It has alreadyt been proven numerous times that it is impossible to effectively field Sniper tactics in the game of paintball. Until you can prove otherwise, the burdon of proof is on you.

thank you.  

Baewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Methinks pcf hit a nerve with Baewolf?

I usually stay away from these rather goofy sniper discussions (and I like milsim as much as the next guy, and I certainly think everybody should play however they like), but I have to make the rather obvious observations:

1.  It was rather polite of Baewolf's opponents to come at him one at a time.  It they were less stupid and played like an actual team he would have been dead rather fast.  Basic woodsball skills involves teamwork, not wandering off by yourself.  It doesn't count as being outnumbered when your opponents effectively play you 1-on-1.  That's like Bruce Lee defeating a million opponents, as they stand around him in a circle and attack on at a time.  That example sounded like an opsgear video.  In reality those situations only happen rarely, unless you are playing against the local special ed school.

2.  Baewolf wasn't a "sniper" in any meaningful sense of the word - he was simply a well-hidden guy on defense, who had the good fortune to have people walk on by (one at a time).  He chose a good defending spot, his Ion-wielding team-mate chose a poor hiding spot.  but every woodsplayer with any skill knows not to hide in the obvious spot - that doesn't make you a "sniper", it just makes you "not an idiot".

3.  It is unclear whether Baewolf was being sarcastic or simply has no speedball experience, but his description/criticism of pcf's snake scenario makes no sense, and certainly misses the point of just how similar the situations are, except that pcf's example involves very aggressive play.  Playing the snake is a specific technique for getting around to flank people, hopefully unawares.  It is quite common in speedball to be shooting people who don't know where you are - that's the best way.  I thought pcf's hypothetical made a lot of sense, and Baewolf's dismissal displayed only lack of understanding.

OS has it right on this point, although I think he overdoes the rhetoric a bit - virtually every skill, tactic, and maneuver employed by self-described "snipers" is also employed by every other woodsball player out there.  Baewolf's defense example sounds exactly like every time I play woodsball defense, minus the ghillie and the stupid opponents.  That doesn't make me a sniper - it makes me a non-stupid woodsball player.

That said, I think this is mostly a matter of semantics - nobody doubts that good fieldcraft skills are helpful in the woods.  The "question" is merely whether that makes you a "sniper" or just "woodsballer".

By the way everything that I wrote happened in less then then 3 minutes, and the other guys were moving together, the guy with the ion that stepped out did it because he only saw the guy behind me, and the second one that ran across watched the first one get shot, and figured that the paint came from the position behind me and came around to try and flank him, and the third guy was standing pretty much behind the bunker that the first one stepped out from when he was shot.
So no they did not come in one at a time, and they were working together, if what you mean by working together is they ran at me at the same time, well no they did not do that, but then again they also did not line up and walk towards me either.

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:11am

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Cool article from an x Canadian Sniper from the military, who started playing paintball, turns out he is from my Province. Some very useful tips, on woods ball play

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/sniperinterview. asp

I suggest you read the article..

He is not a real Sniper.

Yeah I did especially the part where the interviewer asked him the specifics on what area's he specialized in
"What was your specialized area of training?
In the Canadian army all soldiers are crossed trained as much as possible. This means that any individual soldier can do almost any job within the battalion. I was qualified as machine gunner, mortarman, mortar fire controller, wheeled vehicle driver, tracked vehicle driver, reconnaissance, and sniper."

What are the primary similarities between paintball sniping and military (other than the obvious consequences of success or failure)?
I find that the greatest similarity is sneaking into and shooting from a concealed position.

(SNIP)

As any Military, or Ex- Military member will tell you, being cross-trained in something and actually having that job as a MOS are two completly different things. When you are cross trained in a job, you learn the absolute basics that are nessasary to carry out a job. You do not learn the finer points of the job. Most likely in this "cross training" this so called "sniper" got a Scope attached to his rifle, and was allowed to go back to his unit with this scope attached. He most likely didn't go to a dedicated sniper school that tought extensive sniper tactics for weeks and weeks.

Also I suggest you look at where this article is coming from, this guy is SPONSERED by Special Ops Paintball. Of course he is going to say what they want him to say because they are frickin paying him to say what they want. If somone paid you a few hundred dollars(at least) to say that there are no snipers in paintball, would you?

And the funny thing is that you have proved my point in your post.
Originally posted by Article Article wrote:

What are the primary similarities between paintball sniping and military (other than the obvious consequences of success or failure)?
I find that the greatest similarity is sneaking into and shooting from a concealed position.

Right there! Right there he pretty much says that there are virtually NO similarites between sniping and paintball.

Oh, yeah... I forgot. I'm a UBER 1337 5n1p3r now! Last weekend when I was playing paintball, I was hiding in a trench and I shot a guy from about 10ft away in the back with my SL-68II, without him seeing me. I guess now I have to admit that I'm a Sniper, becuase according to your post it makes me one.

I challenge you to join your country's military, and see if you have what it takes to make it to sniper school(assuming Canada has dedicated sniper school). I will bet you that IF you make it to sniper school in the first place, AND make it through the school you will have an entirely different outlook on what a sniper is.

You are not going to win this argurement. It has been proven with actual facts(things that you do not have to back up your arguement) that there are no snipers in paintball. Give it up.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:16am

By the way everything that I wrote happened in less then then 3 minutes, and the other guys were moving together, the guy with the ion that stepped out did it because he only saw the guy behind me, and the second one that ran across watched the first one get shot, and figured that the paint came from the position behind me and came around to try and flank him, and the third guy was standing pretty much behind the bunker that the first one stepped out from when he was shot.
So no they did not come in one at a time, and they were working together, if what you mean by working together is they ran at me at the same time, well no they did not do that, but then again they also did not line up and walk towards me either.

Ok, well put this to the Sniper test.

Did You:

1. Eliminate the Targets From beyond the Effective range of return fire?

2. Were the Targets high-value? IE: Enemy Officers, Radiomen, Crew-Served Weapons Crews?

3. Did you take all three shots without being seen by anyone else or postively identified by any other enemies?

4. Did you egress the area without being fired apon, or being spotted?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic