Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SHOW US YOUR SENARIO GUNS/GEAR PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 6:03pm

My mods for diff situations... Depends on the game as to which one I use...

A5.... Sniper rifle/MP5/M4 S.I.R.

Pro-Carbine..... FN FAL

Spyder.....  MP5ish

Sheridan PGP...

Edited by XArmy - 15 March 2006 at 6:13pm
spartan119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartan119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 6:04pm
xarmy..i love your custom mods...**drools

XArmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 6:09pm
Thanks.. I'm quite fond of your settup as well... Best A5M4 R.I.S. type I've seen...
PaintballkidEPS View Drop Down

Strike 2 - F-Bomb in Avatar (08/21)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballkidEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 6:09pm
xarmy i say you pm me on how you made the PSG 1, i might buy another M324 for airsoft and take the body from it and mod an a5 into the M24 just for fun
spartan119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartan119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 6:15pm

Originally posted by XArmy XArmy wrote:

Thanks.. I'm quite fond of your settup as well... Best A5M4 R.I.S. type I've seen...

thanks!

CARETAKER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CARETAKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 8:52pm
From the other thread, my A5 converted to G36c. Unique, homebuilt milsim mod.  G36c body by Tokyo Marui, milled and dremeled to fit the A5. I did some frankenstein work on the A5 as well, but mostly cosmetic, no changes to the internals.  JCS RVA, real HK thermoplastic stock, Aimpoint Red Dot replica sight. Cocking lever works like it does on the real thing, through the top, not from the side.  Removable clear magazine reveals gas entry.

I don't have many attachments other than the red dot and Knights Armament foregrip. I think the marker will draw enough attention on the field as is.

Recently I've changed out from what it looks like below to running a remote line, so the clear magazine is always visible when I play.

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

O well, that's what I use and I play scenario.

Maybee this post should be called "Show us your MIL-SIM Markers".

exactly...

scenario guns = guns used in scenario games...

people just be hatin cause our guns are faster, lighter, and more consistent
XArmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:07pm

Takes no skill to shoot 30 bps non stop to get a kill...  

But seriously, If it shoots fast and accurate, it's all good... I don't care what you use...

Baewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 8:36am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

O well, that's what I use and I play scenario.

Maybee this post should be called "Show us your MIL-SIM Markers".

exactly...

scenario guns = guns used in scenario games...

people just be hatin cause our guns are faster, lighter, and more consistent

Well your gun definitly is lighter, but I don't know about consistent. I play woods ball with guys that have ions, spyders, etc... And none of them are what you would call consistent, unless you happen to be dumb enough to run out in front of them in the open, their guns have proven themselves to be pretty much useless, 30pbs is useless if the other guy shoots you long before you get in range of him or he just geeps his head down and waits for the fireworks to stop, We started with 2 guys that had Tippmanns, now there are 8 using Tippmanns, and they sold their other guns.
Every game is a scenerio, whether it be capture the flag or one side verses the other, our point was that the guns were scenerio guns, made to resemble "real" guns and used in woods ball or tactical play. Like I said before just because you once drove your Porche down a dirt road, it does not make it an off road vechicle.

Then again if you guys were playing space invaders, or battle star galactica as a scenerio game, and what you were using was supposed to resemble ray guns, well then yeah I guess you guys could refer to speed ball guns as scenerio guns.

Edited by Baewolf - 16 March 2006 at 8:38am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:06am
well then you're describing mil-sim...  i just consider scenario guns, guns that you'd play scenario games with.  and consistency... well... my gun's about +/- 3 on the chrono...

i'm not about to go drop my money to make a mil-sim, heavy tippmann just to play scenario games. 

oh... and 30 bps... yeah definitely can't pull the trigger that fast... i'll stick around 13-15. 
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:10am
An Freestyle is more consistant than a Tippmann. Sorry it just is. When you put a high-end marker on a chrono, it will read something like this: 280, 281, 284, 280, 279. When you put Tippmann on a Chrono, it will look something like this: 280, 289, 295, 272, 279. High-End guns=more consistant.
Baewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:19am

well then you're describing mil-sim...  i just consider scenario guns, guns that you'd play scenario games with.  and consistency... well... my gun's about +/- 3 on the chrono...

i'm not about to go drop my money to make a mil-sim, heavy tippmann just to play scenario games. 

oh... and 30 bps... yeah definitely can't pull the trigger that fast... i'll stick around 13-15. 

Really that low, I have two friends that play with us with ions that are pumping out 17 or 18 per second, and in the spring with my new upgrades my tippmann will be running at 18 bps.

And my gun is not heavy, besides thats what slings are for, my gear and my gun is designed for long range accuracy, and concielment.
Don't get me wrong, I have seen speed ball guns in action and they are pretty amazing in the paint they can put out, and if speed ball is your thing then swell.
But don't bring a speed ball gun to a woods ball gun fight
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Baewolf Baewolf wrote:

But don't bring a speed ball gun to a woods ball gun fight

Couldn't Disagree more. A lightwieght short black or OD green speedball marker will so just as well if not better in woodsball then your milsim. Alot of the better scenerio players that I know carry things like Green DM5's, Automags or cockers. Its the player tha counts. Not hte marker.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:22am
13-15 is all i need... it's as fast as i can pull the trigger and my gun is perfectly legal... no bounce or ramping or anything.  and slings... sorry but i'd rather have my gun ready to shoot on the field not over my shoulder. 

Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:38am

I'm with the "no hatin' on the speedball guns" group.

A good gun is a good gun, for any use.  And expensive speedball guns, quite frankly, are very good guns.

There are some features, of course, that may be more useful in the woods than on the speedball field, or vv.  Like profile shape - I use my A-5 in the woods primarily because the Cyclone gives me a lower profile than my speedball guns, and the Flatline is added value as well.

But I have played deep woods with cockers (very air efficient) and Angels (very quiet and consistent), and they work fine as well.

There really is no clean divide between speedball guns and woods guns.  There are some features that favor one or the other, but good is good.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
BearClaw View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:47am
I use Both but the Tippman is used more offten.  The Mag is twice as good in every way but i just Like the feeel of my tippmann and am so damn used to it i actually do better with it.  But the tippmann is a MAJOR pita in speedball.

Edited by BearClaw - 16 March 2006 at 11:49am
AGD 68 Automag
Azodin KPII
Sheridan PGP2K
Tippmann Crossover XVR
Tippmann ProCarbine
Tippmann SL68-II
Tippmann TiPX
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:58am
I'm in that boat as well.

My primary at most scenarios remains my Olive classic Intimidator. My E-gripped A5 also gets used, but doesn't have any mil-sim add ons.

I don't use the Timmy because I shell out walls of paint... I actually am stingey on paint. Two or three shots at a time is typically enough for me.
It's just what I'm more comfortable shooting.

I tried using my 98 with stock last weekend... very awkward for me. Will probably end up removing the stock and slapping the Full Boar back on.

I'm all for milsim... but gave up on decking out any of my guns in that way years ago. I prefer keeping the rigs simple, and maintaining the smaller profile.

Even in regards to gear... had the Blackhawk/LBE setup way back. Kept cut-down 100rd tubes in M16 mag pouches.
Put it all in a box. Put my Redz packs in a box too. Simpler, lighter, cooler in the summer... gone back to the basic belt and belt pouch, with 140rd tubes. Far from high speed... far from milsim.

Only thing "milsim" about my setup now, is that everything has been Marpat'd. Aside from that... just a "speedball gun" with a "newbie beltpouch".
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:55pm
I've had the "$1000 Dollar A-5". I just like how much more quiet my other markers have been compaired to my ol A-5. I do alot of flanking and base raids, taking out people one at a time quietly I think is better than goin in sounding like a .22 I can keep the upper hand as long as Im not visually spotted.

Anyways, about 30bps or whatever some have commented on. Ya dont know me. I normally have my board set on semi-15bps capped until I play a speedball tourny then I put it on PSP tourny lock (3X ramp 15.4bps cap)

Edited by Justice - 16 March 2006 at 9:55pm

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 10:31pm

13-15 is all i need... it's as fast as i can pull the trigger and my gun is perfectly legal... no bounce or ramping or anything.  and slings... sorry but i'd rather have my gun ready to shoot on the field not over my shoulder

You would wish you had that sling if you ever played a game that lasted more than 30 min. I would like to see you play a 24 hour scenario without a sling, by hour 5 you would give up your right arm and left leg for a sling.
STANGER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STANGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:04pm

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I wanted to post a pic but not sure how to do it here. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic