Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strike 1 - Rudeness 6/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwned!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ion
    Posted: 04 March 2006 at 1:36pm
when i take the body of the ion apart, wat parts am i supposed to clean inside, do i clean the eyes? i heard u had to clean them but i thought they were electronic and had circuits and stuff in them so wouldnt it damage them if i cleaned them?

Edited by pwned!!! - 05 March 2006 at 9:18am
pwned!!! View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness 6/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwned!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 12:58pm
^ is there a seperate bit of the eyes i have to clean?
ionpride View Drop Down
Strike 1 - F-Bomb 2/28

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ionpride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 1:03pm
you just have to dissconnect the eyes and just be very carefull with them!
im the closet thing that u will come to war !!!

SMART PARTS ION
3000/47 PURE ENRGY AIR
DYE 03 STICKIES
TEARDROP BARREL
HALO B HOPPER
pwned!!! View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness 6/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwned!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 1:08pm
den do u clean them?
ionpride View Drop Down
Strike 1 - F-Bomb 2/28

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ionpride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 12:35pm
yesh onli witha very soft small cloth ...be very gentle.....
im the closet thing that u will come to war !!!

SMART PARTS ION
3000/47 PURE ENRGY AIR
DYE 03 STICKIES
TEARDROP BARREL
HALO B HOPPER
pwned!!! View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness 6/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwned!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 2:55pm
but i sounds dogey to me, ive seen the eyes and there just little bits of electronics and circuits, you just wipe it with a dry small soft cloth den?
pwned!!! View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness 6/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwned!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 1:41pm
^ is that all u do?
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 3:11pm

"Inspect and thoroughly clean the area on the inner body where the Vision eye sits with a cotton swab. Slide the metal body into the composite outer shell, making sure that the foil sticker inside the composite body is intact and clean.  This sticker helps the eye in recognizing paintballs - DO NOT REMOVE."    hope that helps.

A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
8"Lapco Bigsht/14"CP Classic
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 3:40pm

Originally posted by pwned!!! pwned!!! wrote:

but i sounds dogey to me, ive seen the eyes and there just little bits of electronics and circuits, you just wipe it with a dry small soft cloth den?

Dip a Q-Tip in isopropyl alcohol and clean the eye's off.  Then with a dry Q-tip, wipe the eye's again.  Yes it's electronics, but I think you're worrying a bit too much.  Just be gentle and you'll be just fine.  Tuner Tonic (found at Radio Shack) is also decent.  With that, you can just spray the board and eye's down and the liquid will evaporate cleanly.  I'm an Electrical Engineer and when we get done populating a board, we always take flux cleaner and spray the board down, then  wash the board with alcohol and an acid brush.  Usually, after that (if I'm impatient) I will blast it with air to get the excess liquid off.  So don't worry.  If you're careful, you won't do any damage to the eye board....

druidsdecendant View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language 9/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druidsdecendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 3:36am
make sure you don't bend the leads...then they would be out of alignment. Also disassemble the middle banjo and back banjo from the firing chamber. Unscrew the firing chamber in the center, remove the bolt and bolt stop (remember how you took it out!) and regrease with shocker lube, slick honey, evil puss, whatever you have that is dow33
68 Classic Mag; PMI .68 Magnum; Maxed Stage5 Ion; M98 Scenario creation in the works; - You EPunks are all alike-all mouth until you reach the tailgate section of the field...then you "were j/j"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic