Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

E-grip (Uncocking) problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E-grip (Uncocking) problem
    Posted: 21 March 2006 at 6:10pm

Here's a problem that I had, and know a lot of people who have a similar problem like this, so I'm presenting both the problem and my solution.

Problem: E-grip Marker won't cock, or uncocks after a while.

(Refer to a parts list while reading this.)

Solution (mine): Ok, some background first, the grip is responsible for the marker cocking and uncocking. First this is my understanding of how the e-grip works; when the armature engages the solenoid, it pushes the armature pin against the sear and uncocks the marker. Then the sear sping causes the sear to push back the armature pin back down and gets in position for recocking the marker. If the armature pin is obstructed from returning, the marker won't cock again. 

The main problem in my case was that I found what that the armature got stuck in the solenoid preventing the armature pin from returning, and therefore preventing sear from getting into postion to cock.

My solution was to place some gun oil on the armature. This prevented the armature from getting stuck in the solenoid. Be careful not to get oil on the circuit boards. This completely solved my problem. I'm not sure if this was the best way to go about it, but it solved a big headache. My e-grip was only one day old when it gave me this problem!!!

Anyway, if anyone knows any alternative or any type of greese to use on the armature/solenoid, please share it.

Regards,

Wolfstone

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic