Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

barrel for the A-5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
short, simple, and to the point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zataru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: barrel for the A-5
    Posted: 27 March 2006 at 2:55am

ok well first off i would just like to say thank you for the advice on getting the A-5 i love it and willstick to it untill it decomposes and rots and pretty much fall appart.

OK NOW WAT I WANTED TO ASK YOU PEOPLE.

so i got my a-5, and i want a better barrel ( the stock barrel is not to my likeing) so....what should i get? i have heard good things about the Lapco Bigshot 14" and good things about the freak barels. and many more. especially flatline and apex. but what should i do? lets not talkabout price, just name the best barrel for the a-5. i need it to shoot nice and strate especially at a low velocity (guess that rulles the flatline out) so.......some advice plz?

THANK YOU!

BrandonF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:37am
Well...the only one of those that I've used are the Apex and the Flatline, and I prefer the Apex, but the Flatline is still good. I don't know how the Apex will do at low velocities though. It shoots straight for at least 200 feet at ~290 FPS. If you want a really accurate barrel, then I've heard good things about Dye Boomsticks, but they're around $140.
zataru View Drop Down
short, simple, and to the point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zataru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 12:13pm
yeah ....... it will take me some a long time to save us 140$. anyone els have an appenion?
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 3:55pm
Lapco SnapShot. Countysports has them for the A5 for $65.

Edited by Bango - 27 March 2006 at 3:56pm
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 5:23pm
I've heard the bigshot in any size is the best barrel for the price.  I'm saving up to get one after I can get that apex adaptor...
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
County View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Most Favored Nation Status

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote County Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 12:51pm
Bigshot is definitely the best single-bore barrel you can buy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic