Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*lapco* (bigshot/snapshot)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
short, simple, and to the point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zataru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *lapco* (bigshot/snapshot)
    Posted: 30 March 2006 at 1:11pm

ok in another topic, i asked wich one is better, the bigshot or the snapshot. well in this one i whana ask what MAKES each barrel better.and also no one els was going to other topic so i had to amke another

and if u dissagree about wich one is better/worst please feel free to post your reasons (pros | cons)

P.S. i dont care about price

P.P.S. what size whould i get? 8" 12" 14"16" 18"????

Edited by zataru - 30 March 2006 at 1:13pm
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 1:22pm
It's not so much that one barrel is "BETTER" than the other. There is no way to describe what "MAKES" one better than the other.

Colin of Lapco makes fine barrels. Period.
That being the case, both barrels are of EQUAL quality and performance.

The reason why I, and many others, suggest the single-piece Bigshot over the 2-pc Snapshot... is because there is no advantage in a 2-pc barrel. Colin, the MAKER and designer of the Lapco line, says so himself!!!
That being the case, why spend twice the money on something that doesn't give you an edge?

For the price of a single Snapshot, you can get yourself a Lapco Bigshot (med bore) and a Lapco Autospirit (small bore). The only two barrels you will ever need.

Colin suggests the 12" standard length. I concur.

14+" do not offer any advantages in range or accuracy. I find the longer barrels simply make the gun more unwieldy. The only advantage of a longer barrel is to press into air bunkers. Otherwise... it's just something that will be in your way when you try to manuever in tight spots.

8" is a nice handy size, but for whatever reasons, I have found it to be slightly less accurate than the 12 and 14" I have.

My opinion is more based on COST than anything else. I am of the opinion that there is no need to spend $92, when $50 will do the same job.
zataru View Drop Down
short, simple, and to the point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zataru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 4:41pm

ok cool, so your saying that i would be better off with the the bigshot. and ,maby in the future a autospirit? and NOT to get anything 14+ in lengh? so the 8" is not as accurate as the others.

so what i get out nof this is that the 12"-14" bigshot/autospirit is the way to go.

wow out of all my topics(3) all i needed was this one post

thank you you helped very much

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic