Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Super R/T + QEV Tutorial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 10:22pm

if i call them, do i need to have my gun registered? because i bought my gun used, and i don't have any warranty for the gun....

also, can i use any QEV, or does it have to be the one you specified? because i was thinking of using one for an ion or some other gun. are all QEV's created equal or not?

98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.
paintballinbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 7:57pm

*bump*

is there any way to sticky this thread?

98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.
FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 11:57pm
Nice post I found exactly what I needed thanks to this post. How are
you going to get this stickied I wonder?
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 12:41am
By editing his post and stickying it......
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
drewp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drewp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 9:38pm
why doent you just go to countysports.com and just buy palmer pursuit shop a-5 qev kit then just ordering seperate things. i have e grip and run on cp2. and there are low pressure and high pressure qev which one do i need.
drewp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drewp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 10:32pm
ok i was looking at plamer qev kit and it comes with everything exspect the qev its self. i fined that retarded, and they do the same at tippmannparts.com, also for the qev part itsself what should the psi be because when i looked at the part is said 500 psi MAX does that seem about right? and  for qev and for 9 dollars is that pricey or is that normal price

Edited by drewp - 27 April 2006 at 11:19pm
3hb78ftg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3hb78ftg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 10:52am

Originally posted by drewp drewp wrote:

could i just install the r/t for now then later one make it super r/t

Yes.

"While invisible, I see and destroy."
3hb78ftg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3hb78ftg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 11:02am
Originally posted by paintballinbill paintballinbill wrote:

if i call them, do i need to have my gun registered? because i bought my gun used, and i don't have any warranty for the gun....

also, can i use any QEV, or does it have to be the one you specified? because i was thinking of using one for an ion or some other gun. are all QEV's created equal or not?

If you are referring to Tippmann, NO, just tell them that you are considering switching from CO2 and and ask if any changes have to be made to the marker. They will tell you no and to use a HPA tank. you will then tell them that you have tried this and the RT works fine but the cyclone will not feed. They will then inform you that you will be sent upgrade parts in the mail. The parts that they will send will not be complete. (at least in my case) I had to buy the QEV and barb (which were my intentions anyway) from a local Clippard dealer here in Puerto Rico. The piece of hose was free since the dealer used to play paintball years back and freaked out when he saw my marker with all of the mods that I have.

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by 3hb78ftg 3hb78ftg wrote:

Originally posted by paintballinbill paintballinbill wrote:

If you are referring to Tippmann, NO, just tell them that you are considering switching from CO2 and and ask if any changes have to be made to the marker. They will tell you no and to use a HPA tank. you will then tell them that you have tried this and the RT works fine but the cyclone will not feed. They will then inform you that you will be sent upgrade parts in the mail. The parts that they will send will not be complete. (at least in my case) I had to buy the QEV and barb (which were my intentions anyway) from a local Clippard dealer here in Puerto Rico. The piece of hose was free since the dealer used to play paintball years back and freaked out when he saw my marker with all of the mods that I have.

same thing happened to me.  And no, this won't be stickied, a moderator asked me to put it into the upgrading sticky thingy and it should be at the end of it.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
CHUNGENILE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHUNGENILE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 1:12pm

why doent you just go to countysports.com and just buy palmer pursuit shop a-5 qev kit then just ordering seperate things. i have e grip and run on cp2. and there are low pressure and high pressure qev which one do i need.

The low pressure QEV kit come with 3/32 barbs and hose. The High pressure QEV kit comes with 1/16 barbs and hose. To make super RT you need 1/8 hoses and barbs. So if you are plan making super RT neither kit will work for you. Just buy the QEV by itself and buy a 1/8 barb and some 1/8 hose.

Edited by CHUNGENILE - 02 May 2006 at 10:56pm
A-5
egrip WAS BOARD
QEV
Palmers Stab
LPK
Ricochet Hopper
Polished Internals
Crossfire 68 4500
Lapco Bigshot
JCS Trigger

Remoteline
red dot
Apex
Empire 11 piece barrel kit
Adj stock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHUNGENILE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 1:26pm

ok i was looking at plamer qev kit and it comes with everything exspect the qev its self. i fined that retarded, and they do the same at tippmannparts.com, also for the qev part itself what should the psi be because when i looked at the part is said 500 psi MAX does that seem about right? and  for qev and for 9 dollars is that pricey or is that normal price

500 psi is fine. $9 is about the going price of an average QEV. Plamers however do sell a new QEV for $20 I believe, it is suppose to be able to activate at lower psi. This might help when you are running low on air or if you have a low pressure kit on your gun. You could also (if you have a regulator on your gun) turn down your regulator and be able to operate your marker at lower psi.

Also if you are planing on buying a QEV it would be a good idea to buy the adjustable one from Palmers or else your QEV might face the wrong direction and you would have to put little o-rings on it.

A-5
egrip WAS BOARD
QEV
Palmers Stab
LPK
Ricochet Hopper
Polished Internals
Crossfire 68 4500
Lapco Bigshot
JCS Trigger

Remoteline
red dot
Apex
Adj stock
Panda_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 4:52am

ok, i understand and agree with upgrading the banjo fittings and lines for the cyclone feeder, now my question is.... what do i need to order to go from the gun to the feeder? which fitting specifically, is it just a 1/8 90degree banjo fitting with 10/32 thread? would homedepot or lowes have this? also, what is the techinical name for the QEV and where can i get the line from locally?

Edited by Panda_1 - 02 May 2006 at 5:30am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHUNGENILE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Panda_1 Panda_1 wrote:

ok, i understand and agree with upgrading the banjo fittings and lines for the cyclone feeder, now my question is.... what do i need to order to go from the gun to the feeder? which fitting specifically, is it just a 1/8 90degree banjo fitting with 10/32 thread? would homedepot or lowes have this? also, what is the techinical name for the QEV and where can i get the line from locally?

I don't understand your question clearly but let me try anyways.

It depends if you have Egrip or RT. If you have Egrip you need a 90 degree banjo running from the gun to the QEV (which is connected to your cyclone). Now to determine your hose and barb size. If you have a Low Pressure Kit on your gun it is recommended that you go with a bigger hose. You can buy the LP QEV kit (barbs and hose are 3/32) from Palmers which I believe will come with everything you need or you can do like I did and get everything 1/8 so you have bigger hoses.

If you have RT and already have the LP hose kit from Tippmann than all you need is the QEV, a 1/8 barb, and a small piece of 1/8 hose. Maybe a file too. Screw the barb into the QEV and run the hose to the 1/8 banjo T that Tippmann provided. Barbs my be too long so just grab your file and file them down. Keep in mind when buying parts to get everything is 10/32 thread. 

QEV stands for Quick Exhaust Valve. Home Depot or Lowes will not have what you are looking for. Find a local Clippard dealer http://www.clippard.com/distributors/.

A-5
egrip WAS BOARD
QEV
Palmers Stab
LPK
Ricochet Hopper
Polished Internals
Crossfire 68 4500
Lapco Bigshot
JCS Trigger

Remoteline
red dot
Apex
Adj stock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 11:28pm
no standard hardware stores will have any of this.  Like said above and in my post, look for a clippard distributor.

Thanks to whoever stickied this :D

Edited by RavenGuard - 03 May 2006 at 11:29pm
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
warhead View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 8:58pm
this post sucks and so do you ravengaurd i hope you die  
CCI - VSC Phantom - Tiger Stripe Anno

CCI - Duckslide Dropout Phantom
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:30am
Originally posted by warhead warhead wrote:

*Shakes head*

Your fireteam leader status has been revoked :P
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
dark assassin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark assassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 4:19pm
okay i gte everything except where can i get the parts all in one package??? ive looked just about everywhere

i called tippman and asked them and they told me to go to some Eclipse site???
It's like a new pair o underwear, at first it's constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you."

-Garth
3hb78ftg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3hb78ftg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 10:57am

Originally posted by warhead warhead wrote:

everyone has the right to be stupid every once in a while, but some just abuse the privilege.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by dark assassin dark assassin wrote:

okay i gte everything except where can i get the parts all in one package??? ive looked just about everywhere

i called tippman and asked them and they told me to go to some Eclipse site???

As far as i know you cannot get it in one package.  Geez, i listed where to get everything and you still want more?

STOP BEING LAZY AND MAKING ME WORK HARDER! :P
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 12:04pm
rofl but great thread raven guard
what?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic