Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Super R/T + QEV Tutorial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by tecumseh tecumseh wrote:

rofl but great thread raven guard

Merci :)
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
UglyBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UglyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 12:53pm

Hey RG

Thanx for this post I went and got my MEV and Barb from the local clippard dealer ...

I put a filter on the open end so not to get any dirt or paint in it . Festo product

Tippmann A-5
Flatline / 14" Progressive
E Grip
Double Trigger
48 3000 Psi
Clippard QEV
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 6:44pm
What is the fastest bps you can obtain from the SR/T + QEV mod? I just got my parts today and it's gonna be a while before I can get to a chrono.
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 1:36pm
It's been unbelievably fast for me, but only with co2.  With air, it's been as good as a regular r/t.

Using co2, I'm sure I reached 20bps.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by 3hb78ftg 3hb78ftg wrote:

This post is great. I would however, like to make a small addition. The link tyo the 1/8 line is incorrect. The correct part number is URH1-0804-BLT-050.

Okay so I'm buying the RT Hose and Fittings Upgrade Kit
(Item number: RTUP) off of Tippmannparts.com.  It comes with :
(2) 20-19 1/8" Hoses
(1) 02-102 1/8" Banjo T Fitting
(1) 02-103 1/8" Flow Control Valve

Here's the link to the page if you want to see it: http://www.tippmannparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.pr odInfo&productID=820&categoryID=60

Then I was going to get the

-Clippard MEV
-Pack of 1/8" barbs
-1/8" ID Line

But the quote above says I should get the item #URH1-0804-BLT-050 instead of the item #URH1-0402-BKS-050.

The difference is that the one in the quote above #URH1-0804-BLT-050  is more expensive ($24.58 instead of $12.60) but it goes from 1/4" O.D. & 1/8" I.D. instead of the cheaper one that was posted at the start of this topic from RavenGuard #URH1-0402-BKS-050 which is only 1/8" O.D. & 1/16" I.D.

Here are the links to the cheaper one and the more expensive one:

http://www.clippard.com/store/byo_tubing/?strSize=URH1-0402& amp;strColor=BKS&strLength=50&sku=URH1-0402-BKS-050

http://www.clippard.com/store/byo_tubing/?sku=URH1-0804-BLT- 050 

so which one am I supposed to buy for this to work?

Anxiety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anxiety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 2:22pm
ok buy the second one.. the more expensive one.. i just bought everything from the links that the guy put up in the first post and the first link you have is to a 1/16" hose just like the one you already have.. what the O.D. and I.D. means is inside diameter and outside diameter.. if it says 1/8" OD & 1/16" ID then its the wrong thing.. it should say 1/4" OD & 1/8" ID.. TRUST ME
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2006 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Anxiety Anxiety wrote:

ok buy the second one.. the more expensive one.. i just bought everything from the links that the guy put up in the first post and the first link you have is to a 1/16" hose just like the one you already have.. what the O.D. and I.D. means is inside diameter and outside diameter.. if it says 1/8" OD & 1/16" ID then its the wrong thing.. it should say 1/4" OD & 1/8" ID.. TRUST ME

You are correct sir, you want 1/8" ID.

Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Crazystick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazystick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 9:19am
where do you get the o rings from that go between QEV and cyclone feed?
casper8x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casper8x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Crazystick Crazystick wrote:

http://www.clippard.com/store/display.asp?dept_id=4002

Edited by casper8x - 11 July 2006 at 9:06pm
Milled & Cut 98Custom
A.P.E. Board
Polished Int.
Palmer's Stab.
Apex mounted on C.P. Classic
Center-Fed Halo B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Crazystick Crazystick wrote:

off of the extra barbs you'll get in the package.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazystick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 7:06pm
ok. I have this nicely setup already. Unfortunately, I wanna get a LPK and was wondering if the clippard QEV will work(Since I already have it) .. or should get the palmers QEV? since I think i read that it is better

I currently am switchin over to HPA - have the palmers stabilizer+ crossfire 68/4500 PSI tank...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazystick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 11:44pm
I guess a better question or better defined would be ...

One thing I think people failed to specify
was maybe the clippard dealer parts.. mainly the QEV they recommended in the super RT mod

I currently have the clippard QEV installed.
But was wondering what difference if any... does the following have to do with my particular setup

If I am going HPA .. with RT...and currently getting LPK with Super RT installed(clippard QEV +rest from tippmann parts) Do I need the Palmer QEV..

The part.. below
Palmer QEV part# PNEU053  (it's called  QEV 10-32 Swivel Lock)
has a rating of 300 PSI..

and could you explain to me the difference between that
https://palmer-pursuit.com/ecom/product_info.php/products_ id/424?osCsid=22dbb8ccd3b6b50df8c1c54e5b82fc9e
High Flow QEV 10-32 Swivel Lock
[PNEU056] -300 psi max

VS

QEV 10-32
[PNEU051] - 500 PSI MAX
https://palmer-pursuit.com/ecom/product_info.php/cPath/30_ 33/products_id/182?osCsid=22dbb8ccd3b6b50df8c1c54e5b82fc9e
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 7:05pm
The only difference is the Palmers will be more durable, but it's probably not worth doing, especially since you already have the clippard one.

A pretty low pressure (in paintball terms) actually makes it to the cyclone, so it'll be fine if it's only tolerant to something like 150psi.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazystick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 1:39am
Orifice LPK part ... Tippmann part #02-102

I actually called them and asked. I was told that it does what was said earlier ...  increase air pressure and decrease volume of air passing thru. I have the clippard QEV with 1/8" fitting and hose and cant seem to properly get it on. The Orifice is longer than the area between the barb tips(between gun output and QEV input)
Here are some pics...

Orifice

The Orifice is between QEV and T

And what I plan on doing is making another one of these. I work at a place with a machine shop. I know not all of us have that luxury. But I will write down some dimensions of what I got. Good luck to anyone else trying this.

Tippmann customer service said it wasnt necessary(orifice) but if you were havin cyclone starvin issues then you would want to add the orifice in setup
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 2:48pm
you could also just use the 1/16" hose instead of the 1/8"...

You would just need to replace the bajo t with a 1/8" - 1/16" and it would probably be the same.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
coopers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 12:30pm
I read tutorial and I'm very gretefull for all the information, but the only thing I'm missing is the 1/8" Flow Control Adjuster, can you give me the part number from Clippard that I need, because when you search their site for a Flow control adjuster they don't give me any results but search for Flow control valve and they don't give me enough information on the valves for me to feel confortable ordering it.  By the way I will be using  1/8" tubing. Thank you
Tobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 2:24pm
I have a Tippmann 98 custom with a RT on it, i have heard from some people that the RT and the cyclone together on the same gun have problems working together because they are both drawing air at the same time. Is this true? if so then i want get a cyclone feed system but i will get a electronic hopper.
Tippmann 98 custom
14" sniper barrel
RT
BT car stock
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 10:38pm
Tobert... I have both and no problems. Then again I have an A-5..
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 12:07am
Now I am VERY FRIGGIN annoyed, the clippard site is a POS! It is SLOW and won't even let me friggin' checkout! Does anybody know of a place where I can get this stuff BESIDES the offical store?
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
beavertrapper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beavertrapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:55am

What would the total cost of this upgrade? I just ordered the barbs and QEV from palmer and it was like $27. I still need to purchase the kit from Tippmannparts for $20 plus shipping. Do you guys think its more cost effective to purchase an e-grip?

Some here posted that Tippmann wil send FREE upgrade for the R/T (the same $20 kit from tippmann parts) as long as you tell them its for your marker that will no longer be using CO2 but HPA tank. Is that true?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic