Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Super R/T + QEV Tutorial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USNCV63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:54am

Actually i broke my MEV a while back when i first started doing this.  What i did do was bought a piston cylinder for the X-7 and put that on.  Which is made to be just like a MEV.  You are right about the stock rt on a 98 is with the 1/8" hose and fittings.  So i've tried it various different ways with the new piston cylinder to no avail.  Like i said, i just don't see it working for an A-5.  However with many upgrades and different mods, i have gotten it to run faster, but nothing like a 98

phil, you ever SEE an a-5 run like a 98 with a super rt?

A-5
Polished internals
Flatline
16" ThunderPig w/shroud
Vortex Mod w/ lightening rod
Expansion Chamber
Oversized Hopper
3 point sling
MaddMann Spring Set
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 10:59am
No actually I haven't seen an A-5 fire as fast as a 98 Custom ever. 

Also when the cyclone is on a 98 Custom it is going to go faster than the A-5 because the way the 98 runs off blowback. Someone here made a diagram. 

Anyway I've also had problems with my 98 Custom before.  So giving up on the gun isn't probably the best idea.
USNCV63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USNCV63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 4:21pm

Hey Phil,

Can you let me know where to look on here to find that diagram you are talking about, i'd like to see that.  Also, how do you like that DH Titanium Hammer?  I was thinking of picking one up.  I hate to give up on the idea of this, i'm looking elsewhere for help on it.  Just frustrating when you try everything you can think of.

A-5
Polished internals
Flatline
16" ThunderPig w/shroud
Vortex Mod w/ lightening rod
Expansion Chamber
Oversized Hopper
3 point sling
MaddMann Spring Set
Tagabagsul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tagabagsul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 8:49am
Hey all I'm trying to do this mod and reading the situation with advantage and USN...has anyone got the Super R/T on their A-5 without a hitch?  I have the same kit and realized the long hose is too short and that the ID of the small hose going to the cyclone was really small but guess that's to reduce airflow to cyclone?...
A-5
Ops Gear G36 folding stock
Ricochet R5
J&J Ceramic w/ Apex, Flatline
Vortex mod w/ Lightening Rod
68ci 3000psi on remote

Next:
New paintjob
Super R/T
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 6:34pm

the diagram I have saved on my computer at home (in Ontario, Canada)... maintenant je suis au Québec.

So until I get back from Québec I can't get the diagram.

I'd go for the Dark Horizons Titanium Hammer... I think it's a pretty good improvement... if you have 70$ to spend.

98customdude98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98customdude98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 3:24pm

ok i am a little confused with all the parts...please look at this site and tell me if this is everything.

http://www.tippmannparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.pr odInfo&productID=736

Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 7:11pm

After getting into paintball again lately I have given up for a while on the super RT and using the stock version. I forgot how nice it was to play with reliable RT action. I found over on the Underground Mod Shop forums there might be more to this upgrade than previously led to believe in this entire thread. It seems it might not be such a cheap upgrade after all. With the price of a low pressure kit and the hoses, banjos, and QEV...you might seriously consider an E grip. I'm probably slow in coming to realize this, since I don't check paintball forums religously, but I thought I might point some newbies to this mod in the right direction. I would be surprised if anyone can achieve a reliable higher rate of fire than the stock RT (On an A5), with just the mods mentioned in the previous pages of this thread. Maybe someone might want to dispute this. 

From my observations:  The 98 seems to work much better with the RT than the A5. Also the 98 seems to come stock with 1/16th hoses rather than the 1/8th. I've seen a 98 (not sure what version) with just the 1/8" hoses and no QEV and it rips a very high rate of fire.

I post this because I would have liked to have read this kind of personal insight before I set off on the Super RT mod.

Edited by Advantage - 04 September 2007 at 7:20pm
A5 with somewhat a Super Response trigger,QEV, x chamber, Flatline, JJ ceramic, SP progressive...Powered by old skool CO2
CriscoCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CriscoCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2007 at 2:21am
In Reply To Advantage's Post.

You do NOT get a low pressure kit for the A-5 Super R/T.

I have done the super R/T and it cost about $7 and i've been able to burst my gun at 28bps average firing at 18bps (w/ an expansion chamber.)

Tippmann will send you a new T connector as well as a new RT adjuster and such, you simply need to purchase a barb, a qev and some tubes. (buy an extra foot, you'll want it =p)

Edited by CriscoCube - 06 October 2007 at 2:22am
TeHpWNaG3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeHpWNaG3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 10:53am

I could not find any info regarding the compatibility of the Super R/T mod and this upgrade package by New Designz.

Has anyone tried these together and what were the results? I wrote the tech boys over at New Designz, and still waiting on a response. It seems to me that the QEV might be redundant with the new EVT piston housing. I'd like to know if I just need to upgrade the fittings and hose to make this system even better.

roamingrican View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roamingrican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2007 at 3:23am
so i've been tracking the "Super R/T" setup for a while now and i have some good info i just ordered parts for two A5s and enough hose to build 200 kits

1 x Black Polyethylene Tubing 100ft., 3/16" $5.00
1 x A10T3 - 1/8" BARB BRASS ADJUSTABLE TEE $1.79
4 x A10LB3 - 1/8" BARB BRASS ADJUSTABLE ELBOW $5.84
2 x B3-O - 1/8" BRASS BARB WITH O-RING $1.24
i got the parts from poweraire.com for $13 and change and the shipping was $9.98

now i bought parts for both the older A5s with the banjo "T" fitting and the new A5s with 3 banjo 90s and the flow control for less than tippmann parts was selling its upgrade kit for 1 older A5 (the newer markers do not need a "T" but rather 3 90 degree banjos[couldn't find this kit anywhere]) the original flow control can be re-used but you will have to remove the 1/16" barb from it (i removed the whole needle valve from the outer flow control housing by unscrewing the flow control from the brass spacer that attaches it to the receiver, after unscrewing it the needle valve comes up out of the outer housing[careful not to lose the bottom o-ring] now the outer housing has no rubber material in it so you can heat it up with a lighter and while holding the barb with a needlenose pliers you can grasp the flow control housing with another set of pliers and twist {the heat softens the glue tippmann used to assemble the flow control and the barb} the barb will unscrew and you can install your new 1/8" barb) now just cut your hose to the length of the old ones install the "T" or 90 to one end the flow control to the other and do the same for the cyclone and you'll be in business for less than $20

i will be testing my home made mod this weekend will repost with results

btw my goal is to have a mechanical trigger that is faster and cheaper than an e-grip

you can only shoot me if you see me

Edited by roamingrican - 18 November 2007 at 3:34am
roamingrican View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roamingrican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2007 at 3:33am
Ok so i tested the new setup and tweaked the specs a bit. The tubing going to the cyclone should remain 1/16" id (on the older a5s the excess gas forces the piston too far causing the cyclone to stick not good) plus the difference in air pressure between the responce and cyclone gave me an extra 2 bps bringing the official chrono to 22 bps
if you have the newer style a5 than youre in luck all you have to do is replace the 90, barb and tubing going to the response  leave the  cyclone alone  saves time and money too  older style a5s  beware  the only place i found a 10-32  x 1/8  barb  x  1/16  adjustable t  was at clippard and they want a lot of $ for it www.clippard.com

1.UT0-4002-PKG< name="intItem_id" value="76617" ="">< ="validateCount(this);" size="5" name="intItemCount" value="1" ="text"> unit(s)
space
so i will have to change the heading to a5 r/t upgrade for less than 45$ not as appealing huh?

comment back if you find this helpful
Papiriqui629 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papiriqui629 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:02am

Quick question for everyone who can help here, to see if i get this straight after reading all 7 pages of data posted here. I want to do this mod to an A-5 i will be getting in this week but i see here that there are people who this did not work for them? Am i correct? Also i see a million places where you can get this parts, which one is the best or are all the same thing? Thanks

Slave2no1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slave2no1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 5:19pm
When calling Tippmann about the parts for this mod, what do I need to tell them and ask for?
If you can't tag someone with 6 paintballs or less you're not as good as you think you are.
Papiriqui629 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papiriqui629 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 2:31pm

Listen Slave2no1, go and register yourself at www.pbreview.com/forums and they will help you there. I posted before you and as you can see no help has been posted. Anyways i already found out what i needed. If you go to tippmannparts.com and order "Adapter for 98 with Cyclone Feed and RT
T299003" This is the whole kit that you need but also you will need to add TA05018 1/8" ID Hose 3-1/4" Long [A-5RT,98CRT,CProRT,X7R]
TA05018-BK because the hoses that the kit brings is for the 98 and they are to short for the a-5 in case you have an a-5.

Hope this was helpfull enough and once again go to the other site. A lot better.

OZZY-YD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OZZY-YD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 8:12pm

Hello, I found out something really interesting.  Tippmann's don't like the cold weather even with HPA.

Here's what happens, the stock tube that connects between valve body (on the outside of the gun) to the cyclone power tube develops a blockage of ice in low temps, hence 32degree or below temps.  The air that is being pushed at that point has nowhere to go, when theory it should really be pushing the rod back and forth for the cyclone feeder to operate.  I have found two things that can be done. 

Take the barbs off a long with the hose, and run a small paper clip through it to push out any crap that builds up inside.

Or the other option is go with a bigger hose.  I found some stuff that maybe would shed some light on what you guys have been looking for all along:

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=produ ct_info&cPath=1_17&products_id=89

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=produ ct_info&products_id=38

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index &cPath=56

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=produ ct_info&cPath=56&products_id=764

Hope these links help-palmer is a little on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for, an excellent product!

Ozzy

Tippmann A-5 AR-15
Tippmann X-7 MP-5
Tippmann X-7 Phenom UMP 45
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by roamingrican roamingrican wrote:

Ok so i tested the new setup and tweaked the specs a bit. The tubing going to the cyclone should remain 1/16" id (on the older a5s the excess gas forces the piston too far causing the cyclone to stick not good) plus the difference in air pressure between the responce and cyclone gave me an extra 2 bps bringing the official chrono to 22 bps
if you have the newer style a5 than youre in luck all you have to do is replace the 90, barb and tubing going to the response  leave the  cyclone alone  saves time and money too  older style a5s  beware  the only place i found a 10-32  x 1/8  barb  x  1/16  adjustable t  was at clippard and they want a lot of $ for it www.clippard.com

1.UT0-4002-PKG< name="intItem_id" value="76617" ="">< ="validateCount(this);" size="5" name="intItemCount" value="1" ="text"> unit(s)
space
so i will have to change the heading to a5 r/t upgrade for less than 45$ not as appealing huh?

comment back if you find this helpful

You're better off finding a Clippard parts dealer in your area, that is what I did.  It was a 20 minute drive, but cheaper than $20 of shipping, and there was pretty much no markup on anything... an MEV was like $6, they just gave me the hose (it's hose, not tube, there's a difference) because I only needed a small piece, and a pack of 8 barbs was like $2.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Robby_of_PBH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2008 at 2:24pm
Hmm, I don't know why so much people are having a hard
time with this, my super response trigger works fine and
it worked on the first time I installed it. I like it
alot better than the stock basic response trigger too,
it's alot easier to hold the sweet spot and raised my
bps by a few as well.

For you guys who said you reached bps in the 20s, how
did you do it?? I can hit 17bps, I can hit it easily so
that's not a problem, but I cannot seem to reach
anywhere higher. I was wondering if the Dark Horizon
Titanium Hammer would be worth getting for increasing my
rate of fire with it if anyone has any experience with
that.

Overall, if anyone has any ways of getting a super
response trigger to fire in the 20bps range easily, I'd
love to hear more. Here's a video of my super response
trigger and such if it helps anyone out as to what to
expect from it, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5f31zs6MCU

Edited by Robby_of_PBH - 08 September 2008 at 2:25pm
casitas native View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casitas native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 10:48am
mabye i missed it but would u mind putting up the parts list for just what i need for the super rt
also will this work on the new platnum seris with act
also to get these parts i just call tippmann and they will send them to me and at what cost

Edited by casitas native - 16 February 2009 at 11:11am
matt
5 alive is good for me
newtopaint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:35pm
did this today and loveing it. got lots of 1/8in ID line left over let me know if you need some its Red
motopsycho650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:38pm
I added a QEV to my cyclone a few months ago.  I was so happy with it, I bought a bunch of custom fittings and rigged one onto the R/T too.  I'll post a pic up soon.  It looks a bit weird at first, but it made the R/T really fast.

I already had a Cyclone R/T adapter kit with the 1/8" ID tubbing.  From Palmer's I bought a High Flow T without barbs.  I bought a 1/8" barb for the R/T side, and a 3/32 barb for the Cyclone side.  I used the smaller tubing & elbow that came stock with the cyclone for it's air.  Then I used a High Flow Swivel lock QEV where the air goes into the grip.  I threaded the 1/8 air adjustment fitting into the input side of the QEV, and used a slightly longer hose to make the curve without kinking.  Like I said, looks a little weird, but the speed is intimidating.
Tunka.com - Working to keep paintball legal in Colorado's National Forests.
Don't rainbow rocks/trees, be safe around non-paintball players, and please DON'T CHEAT
Special Ops Brigade ID:161556
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic