Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Super R/T + QEV Tutorial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USNCV63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 9:43pm

Sooooooooooo you think you can hit the insanely rate of fire with the aquarium tank line??  Is that what you are driving at?  And the line from home depot was to large of an inside diameter?  I think i'm getting this right.  I just did the "q-tip" mod to mine, love it.  If you've never done it you should give it a try.  It basically stops the trigger right where the sweet spot is so that you don't need to try and hold it there.  It takes alot of fine tunning.  Also did something else.  I took a piece of a "sippy straw" and put it around one of the sear pins, which seems to have made the sweet spot bigger and easier to hit.  I don't have the insane rate of fire i would with the super rt but now that i have this set up i'm thinking of giving it another try tomorrow, since it's very easy to hit the sweet spot now.  Only thing is i'm going to have to use the .170 tubing, so we'll see how it goes.  If you are interested in those mods i mentioned i can point you in the direction as to where they are.  I'm not sure if they are listed on this forum. 

Just remembered this.  When i was messing with the super rt mod at first i did reach a super fast rate of fire a couple of times.  It was when my CO2 was about empty, so that may have been what happened to you.  Did you notice if your cyclone was cycling at all?  If you were low on air it probably wasn't

Edited by USNCV63 - 11 February 2007 at 10:01pm
A-5
Polished internals
Flatline
16" ThunderPig w/shroud
Vortex Mod w/ lightening rod
Expansion Chamber
Oversized Hopper
3 point sling
MaddMann Spring Set
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 4:30pm

USNCV63 wrote:

Sooooooooooo you think you can hit the insanely rate of fire with the aquarium tank line??  Is that what you are driving at?  Hopefully yes when I get more CO2. And the line from home depot was to large of an inside diameter? Yes it seems so. The aquarium line is the same diameter of the line in the kit. The one that I said is a little larger than 1/8" diameter but too short(T bango to flow adjuster) I think i'm getting this right.  I just did the "q-tip" mod to mine, love it.  If you've never done it you should give it a try.  It basically stops the trigger right where the sweet spot is so that you don't need to try and hold it there.  It takes alot of fine tunning.  Also did something else.  I took a piece of a "sippy straw" and put it around one of the sear pins, which seems to have made the sweet spot bigger and easier to hit.  I don't have the insane rate of fire i would with the super rt but now that i have this set up i'm thinking of giving it another try tomorrow, since it's very easy to hit the sweet spot now.  Only thing is i'm going to have to use the .170 tubing, so we'll see how it goes.  If you are interested in those mods i mentioned i can point you in the direction as to where they are.  I'm not sure if they are listed on this forum. I'm sure I've come across those mods somewhere (sippy straw definately)but right now I want get this ironed out. Maybe in the future.   

Just remembered this.  When i was messing with the super rt mod at first i did reach a super fast rate of fire a couple of times.  It was when my CO2 was about empty, so that may have been what happened to you.  Did you notice if your cyclone was cycling at all?  If you were low on air it probably wasn't  My cyclone goes until 2 shots before the tank burps out.

I went back and looked at my post where I first hooked everything up. Although I didn't mention this then I just remembered that at first I used the hose from the kit that was too short. I placed it on the tips of the barbs to test the setup out before I used the .170" tubing. Mainly, at that point, I just wanted to see if the QEV was working. While every once in a while the tubing would leak or fall off the barbs, I think that is when I was having the good results that gave me my "false hope". You see, now that I think about it I didn't start having troubles until I used the .170" tubing. I figured as long as I got that tubing to go on the barbs tight all would be good. So compare your tubing that you got at Lowes to the tubing from the kit. It is probably a bit bigger. If you still have the tube from the kit try placing it on the tips of the barbs to test it. Good Luck.     

Edited by Advantage - 12 February 2007 at 7:10pm
A5 with somewhat a Super Response trigger,QEV, x chamber, Flatline, JJ ceramic, SP progressive...Powered by old skool CO2
USNCV63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USNCV63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2007 at 2:20pm

Advantage,

Been a while since i've heard anything, did you get your super rt to work then?

A-5
Polished internals
Flatline
16" ThunderPig w/shroud
Expansion Chamber
Oversized Hopper
3 point sling
MaddMann Spring Set
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 6:27pm
Sorry, nothing new. I didn't fill up any tanks lately since we have not played lately. I will post when I do test the new set up out. Maybe late this week. Any progress with you?
A5 with somewhat a Super Response trigger,QEV, x chamber, Flatline, JJ ceramic, SP progressive...Powered by old skool CO2
USNCV63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USNCV63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 7:29pm
No progress with me.  I've tried it again and nothing
A-5
Polished internals
Flatline
16" ThunderPig w/shroud
Expansion Chamber
Oversized Hopper
3 point sling
MaddMann Spring Set
tonton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2007 at 6:59am
well i play woodsball and i wouldn't say it's useless.  i think it's a pretty good mod as long as when you use it, it doesn't blend.  but i wouldn't get that mod for me.
custom pro
e-trigger
----------------------
we are the gwagalagas!!! ya we're nerds, get over it.

owned to the dome!
socom clan: COG
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 1:45pm
I did mention the ROF of the super r/t in my original post.  Also, I've never used the vortex mod though I plan to get one.  I don't have an R/T anymore so I can't help you out with the vortex, though I'm sure it's more standalone performance and really doesn't matter if you're using an rt or not.

Also, I'm sure I've mentioned it, but the position of the velocity screw greatly determines how the RT will perform.  In my case, I pretty much had to quickly re-tune it every time I chronographed my gun.  Keep in mind that screw determines the amount of blowback.

PS, whoever is using macro with co2, go out and get a steel braided line.

Edited by RavenGuard - 25 March 2007 at 1:47pm
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
j_beau_13 View Drop Down
Guested: Terminally Stupid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j_beau_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 4:12pm

I wouldn't give up my super r/t for nothing...it's one of the fastest guns on the field where i play, and everybodys got e-grips...just had to put the vortex in today bc iv'e already tore through 2 ratchets in 2 months..but I'll let ya know how the vortex turns out when i play next weekend.

Tippmann 98 Custom, super R/T, palmer's QEV, Vortex, 72/3000 PMI

Edited by j_beau_13 - 28 March 2007 at 4:13pm
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 5:51pm
Well then, you're welcome :P

Let me know how the vortex works, that and a LPK are pretty much the only two upgrades for me to consider :D
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Silent_Scope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent_Scope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 2:40pm
i contacted tippmann requesting the parts and they said they dont send out to individuals only stores, but i dont have the cyclone feed so i guess all i would need is the 1/8 banjo, 1/8 ID hose, and the 1/8 control valve right? does anybody know the parts number on the official tippmann site for these because i have been looking for quite some time and can't find anything
play to live, live to play.. paintball 4 eva..tippmann rules ..bushball 4 ever
Fonzy79 View Drop Down
Guested - Idiot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fonzy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 7:07pm

eh, dont really need it

Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2007 at 8:21pm
So after 2 1/2 months I finally play paintball again. I tested the set up out, before we played, and I had little response effect. So I played the day only getting semi auto for the most part. One of the guys I was playing with did the super mod on his 98 custom and that thing was fast! He had the same kit as I had ordered from Tippmannparts.com but he wasn't running a QEV. He mentioned he didn't need a QEV since he had the orafice tube in the tube between T banjo and banjo fitting into cyclone. When I got home decided to insert the orafice tube (previously not used) into 1/8" tubing, kept the QEV on the gun, and what do you know it works great. So while tubing size made some difference it all came down to limiting the air flow to the cyclone with the orafice tube. The End  

Edited by Advantage - 28 April 2007 at 8:29pm
foxfourpaintbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfourpaintbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 8:22pm
sounds to hard ill just have some one else do it
USNCV63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USNCV63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 1:54pm

Well after a while not being on here....  I've upgraded to HPA now.  Tippmann says with HPA this mod should work.  I tried it the other night and still same thing.  I've also saw a 98 with an RT lately, Advantage, all 98's with the RT have the bigger hose line.  Man, that thing ripped.  I couldn't believe how fast it was.  We took it apart, me forgetting about the whole super RT idea, and couldn't figure out how it got to be so fast.  Now i remember.  The only think i haven't tried was putting the orafice tube in between the cyclone and T-banjo.  So since it's working for Advantage i'll have to give that a try.  Good job Advantage, i'm sure if it's anything like the 98 i saw it must be fast as all hell. 

By the way Advantage, are you running CO2 or HPA?

Edited by USNCV63 - 16 May 2007 at 6:02pm
A-5
Polished internals
Flatline
16" ThunderPig w/shroud
Expansion Chamber
Oversized Hopper
3 point sling
MaddMann Spring Set
infamoussmiley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infamoussmiley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 5:17pm

Hi, can I get this in a word document so I print it out? 

Smiley

doc55smiley@gmail.com

Edited by infamoussmiley - 21 May 2007 at 5:25pm
my email: doc55smiley@gmail.com
infamoussmiley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infamoussmiley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 5:26pm

what is the orafice tube that Advantage talks about? 

Smiley

my email: doc55smiley@gmail.com
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 5:43pm

"Maybe not the end" edition

USNCV63: I'm using CO2. That day I tried it most of the day with compressed air. Same results either way. I'm not at the speed of the 98 but there was an improvement from that day with just inserting the orafice tube. I'm at least at what I was with stock RT. I would hope more considering the added expenses. Like I've said so many times before... I need to get more CO2. Also would help if I played more. Once I get some CO2 I will try to dial it in using my Palmer's QEV and also try it with the cyclone banjo (90 degree) from the kit. No promises on when I will actually do this though. I'm not saying I'm only shooting the speed of stock RT (perhaps a touch faster)...but after hearing that 98 rip away that is what I'm aiming for.

infamoussmiley: The orafice tube is a little metal tube that came with the 1/8 hose/banjo kit from Tippmannparts.com. It has a 1/16" id and a 1/8" od and fits into the hose between T banjo and cyclone banjo fittings. It was not mentioned in the instructions on page one of this thread.

phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by infamoussmiley infamoussmiley wrote:

Hi, can I get this in a word document so I print it out? 

Smiley

doc55smiley@gmail.com

Copy... Paste!!
USNCV63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USNCV63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 5:22pm
Used the oriface tube, not a bit of difference.  Some how i think the 98 is built for this upgrade.  Like i said, i saw a 98 like this and it really ripped.  Damn near makes me want to get one, but then what would i do with my a-5.  So i'm not sure what i have to do to get this to work anymore. 
A-5
Polished internals
Flatline
16" ThunderPig w/shroud
Expansion Chamber
Oversized Hopper
3 point sling
MaddMann Spring Set
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 8:43pm
USNCV63: Have you tried it without the MEV? I hear you with the 98's...They seem to shoot a lot faster with the 1/8" lines. Am I right in interpreting that the 1/8" hoses/fittings is the stock RT on the 98's? Not a super RT? Maybe we have 2 A5's that don't like super RT.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic