Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

make it fast!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pieterjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: make it fast!!!
    Posted: 06 April 2006 at 2:56pm

Hey, I was wondering if you can make a custom 98 ( one of the newer 98's) as fast as a custom pro   ( because of the upgrades you can put in a pro that you can't put in a 98)

How can I make a custom 98 real fast? I was thinking about a E-trigger or response trigger combinded with the cyclone system. Other ideas or suggestions? Let me now!

greetz

Pieterjan

so war es und so wird es immer sein...

custom 98 black ACT
32degrees drop forward
empire reloader 2
cp classic 1piece barrel 14inch
preset bottle
Gpacker4686 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 9/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gpacker4686 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 3:04pm
if you have a new enough 98 custom get the etrigger(with WAS board) and halo B with rip drive and you will be shooting lazers(or at least thats what it will look like)
www.putfile.com/sockfootball21
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 3:40pm

Originally posted by Gpacker4686 Gpacker4686 wrote:

if you have a new enough 98 custom get the etrigger(with WAS board) and halo B with rip drive and you will be shooting lazers(or at least thats what it will look like)

I agree. With the E-Trigger and Halo B (or Reloader B), you'll be able to shoot 20+ bps, taking you get the WAS board in the E-Trigger. Any faster is just a complete waste.

pieterjan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pieterjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 4:05pm
will I chop balls at that speed?
so war es und so wird es immer sein...

custom 98 black ACT
32degrees drop forward
empire reloader 2
cp classic 1piece barrel 14inch
preset bottle
Ashdawg View Drop Down
Official Forum Drama Queen of the Night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 4:49pm
 ^  not with a good loader.
"Too close for missles, switching to guns..."
PaintballPIMPIN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
STRIKE 1 - NO SELLING ON THE FORUM 3/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballPIMPIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 5:05pm
i got a halo b w/rip drive and victory board($150) and i can adjust how fast it can load(21,24,28,32,35bps, its sweet)
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 5:30pm

I dont see the purpose of selectable rates of feed on the victory board, why cant u just keep it on 35 all the time?

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 5:59pm
Screw the E-Grip, get the E-bolt.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
daveb333 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language & Attitude 6/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveb333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 10:58pm

If you want to make it shoot real fast, get the halo hopper that feeds 31 bps, its only like 40 dollars more.  Also get the e-trigger.

You wont really chop the balls because it doesnt just drop them in, it pushes them in when it feeds it.

DjB
daveb333 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveb333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by DsXz DsXz wrote:

I dont see the purpose of selectable rates of feed on the victory board, why cant u just keep it on 35 all the time?

Control.  Whats the point in shooting 35 bps if you only need to hit them once?  Not to mention the waiste of paint.  Whats the point in going beyond 8 bps?

DjB
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 12:20am
Originally posted by daveb333 daveb333 wrote:

Control.  Whats the point in shooting 35 bps if you only need to hit them once?  Not to mention the waiste of paint.  Whats the point in going beyond 8 bps?

Laning. Keeping people in their bunkers. Regardless of what half the world thinks, we (speedballers) aren't necessarilly wasting paint when we are doing 17 or so off the break.

The adjustable speeds are there because at the "35 bps" setting, the force put on the stack can push the balls past the detents, especially if you are only doing say 10 bps.

Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 3:35am

Save battery life.
daveb333 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveb333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 11:52am
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Originally posted by daveb333 daveb333 wrote:

Laning. Keeping people in their bunkers. Regardless of what half the world thinks, we (speedballers) aren't necessarilly wasting paint when we are doing 17 or so off the break.

The adjustable speeds are there because at the "35 bps" setting, the force put on the stack can push the balls past the detents, especially if you are only doing say 10 bps.

You think it would make a difference if ur shooting 35 bps, in comparison to 10bps to keep somone in there bunkers?!  Your frigen nuts dude.  35bps, that means if you can "Keep somone in there bunker for about 5 seconds for one hopper full.

This rate of fire will not keep them out of the bunkers, but will keep you out of the game.

10bps is still shooting a paintball ever .1 second, Why would u need to go any faster than that?  if ur shooting that fast u think somone would jump out of the bunker at that speed... or better yet, would u jump out of a bunker at 4 bps?  If you do, ur an idiot.

DjB
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 6:12pm

A little thing called aggression needs to be noted. At a podunk BPS level being shot at them, many players are likely to jump out of their bunkers and move up. In speedball, time is of the essence. Waiting in your bunker while somone puts paint on your bunker at 4 bps will not stop a lot of players. Hence, the need for more. At 15, there is no escaping that stream. Thus, people wont jump out and move.

Whch begs the question, have you ever played any real speedball? Or hell, WATCHED any professionals play? They are aggressive. They jump out of their bunkers when they are being shot at by 15 bps. Does that make them idiots? Hells no. It makes them the best players in our sport.

And no one shoots 35.

Edit-What kind of gun do you have? 

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 07 April 2006 at 7:41pm
tec021990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tec021990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 7:16pm
Ok I got a newer 98c I was wondering why the e grip supposedly fits in it but not in older ones and what not.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 7:23pm
Just the way the receiver halves are shaped internally.
PaintballPIMPIN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
STRIKE 1 - NO SELLING ON THE FORUM 3/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballPIMPIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 9:54pm

yeah , if urs is newer, i recomend the was board as selinoid kit from goapeonline.com for 87 dollars and go on tipmannparts.com and buy the rod(3 dollars) and if needed the sear(20)

by the way guys, not every1 wants to shoot 8bps, hybrid-sniper is right, 8 bps ain't gonna really hold a good team in the bunkers, i think 18bps is the most reasonable in any case, u have the ability to go that fast , or slow it down if u need. 8bps is not really a threat, i think its kinda a joke for speedball.

tec021990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tec021990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 9:54pm
Thank you for the fast reply.
chronic future View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I’m not back in 5 mins.. Wait longer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronic future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 10:14pm
hybrid-sniper dominated this thread, good posts.
edit: and also why do people say "get the halo b w/ the rip drive" the rip drive doesn't make it faster in any way, just allows it to function when the batteries die, which isn't really that often.

Edited by chronic future - 07 April 2006 at 10:16pm
KC-A598 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Filter dodge/ Outwar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC-A598 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 10:27pm
 I GOT A 98 WITH A R/T AND A CYCLONE FEED AND A REALLY LIGHT SPRING AND IT CRANKS THEM OUT.

Edited by KC-A598 - 07 April 2006 at 10:40pm
Custom 98
R/T
Fatline
Cyclone feed w/ R-5 hopper
Pen spring
Full stock
Custom paint
Red dot
Forward tank
cronoed at 18 balls per/second
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>