Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Paint For Flatline?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strike 1 - Language 6/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knukclez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Paint For Flatline?
    Posted: 09 April 2006 at 2:52pm
Went out and played today and bought marbz for my gun. when i went to shoot 'em with my flatline it chopped most of them that went through it, and my pathfinder loves 'em.

What kind of paint is nice for the flatline? no matter what the price, i bought relatively cheap DBX's when i first got it and they flew pretty good. and now i buy better paint and it chops. ANY SUGGESTIONS OF PAINT FOR MY FLATLINE?
Tippmann Custom Pro-E
Polished Internals
Custom Mill/Paint Job
16" Rifeled SP Barrel
A-6 Stock
QEV Cyclone Feed System
Chroned at 18 Balls a Second

super_gman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_gman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 3:53pm
Clicky: http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=619 29&PN=1. Scroll about 3/4 of the way down and read the bit by Rhino39.
Zerglet.
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 3:37pm
Marbs always work good with my Flatline, are you sure that you didnt get a bad batch of Marbs.
hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 4:39pm

To be honest, I use any paint I can get my hands on through my Flatline and rarely have any problems at all.

If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

Rebel5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 11:32pm
Suprisingly I have found that the Diablo my local field sells seems to work great with my flatline.
It takes so little to entertain the weak at mind.
Sgt Quackers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Quackers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 4:51pm
I have found that big ball work the best in 98 flatlines but in a-5 flatlines you can run anything
knukclez View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language 6/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knukclez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 9:04am
they were a good batch of marbs because my other two barrels worked great. someone told me marbz just dont seem to be the choice paint for the flatline anymore haha.
Tippmann Custom Pro-E
Polished Internals
Custom Mill/Paint Job
16" Rifeled SP Barrel
A-6 Stock
QEV Cyclone Feed System

Sgt. Gear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. Gear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 4:45pm

try using some polar ice. my friend has been using them for like 8 months with no chops

God gave man both brain and penis but not enough blood to use both at the same time

-setup
A-5
flatline
5 postion stock
pure energy remote hose
V-Force mask

SupermanDan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupermanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 8:38pm
i've seen good results with X-Ball bronze and Zap Tork. they have stiffer
textured shell, so they grip the inside of the barrel to spin them better. my
friend has a flatline on his custom pro, and that's what we use. he's never
chopped one in the barrel.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 10:36pm
Marbs or Draxxus Dusk.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
tippmannKING View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannKING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 6:40pm

the dryer the paintballs the better, they stick to the barrel better so they have more spin.

KC-A598 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Filter dodge/ Outwar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC-A598 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 10:41pm

i used some called Nelson Nel-Spalts there supose to be a thicker shell there supose to be better for the cyclone and flat lines im shooting 18 bps threw my flat line and cyclone on my 98 and it rarely chops. i would recomend them if there around you.

http://http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=KC CHRISTOPHER

Edited by KC-A598 - 17 April 2006 at 1:08am
Custom 98
R/T
Fatline
Cyclone feed w/ R-5 hopper
Pen spring
Full stock
Custom paint
Red dot
Forward tank
cronoed at 18 balls per/second
knukclez View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language 6/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knukclez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 12:18am
hmm yeah i noticed greasier balls suck *** when being shot through the flatline. i never heard of them balls from nelson. all well my quest to find good paint continues for my flatline, i wasnt talking to someone about tourny paint being run throuhg it and chopping and his answer was thin shells hitting and 11 degree angle = choppage. im going to try to run some draxxus through like hellfires or something and see what happens because i crave the distance its capable of. another thing someone said 18 bps... i noticed that with the flatline and longer barrels you cant really do that lmao cause im capable of 20 bps and my stuff chops when i try going full auto with my flatline on
Tippmann Custom Pro-E
Polished Internals
Custom Mill/Paint Job
16" Rifeled SP Barrel
A-6 Stock
QEV Cyclone Feed System

KC-A598 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Filter dodge/ Outwar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC-A598 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 1:10am

Its the ball quality (crono's dont lie) if i dont use the balls i use i bust balls bad if im shooting fast. I get my nel-splats from a local dealer around me but i dont know were he gets em.there Hemorrhage balls also work awsome heres there web page.http://www.nelsonpaintball.com/ check out ther distibutor link and look for your state. I'm in WI but my guy isnt on the list. these guys pretty much invented the paintball they made the first ones to mark tree's to be cut and then had the idea to shoot people and then paintball was born. 

http://http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=KC CHRISTOPHER

Edited by KC-A598 - 17 April 2006 at 2:05pm
Custom 98
R/T
Fatline
Cyclone feed w/ R-5 hopper
Pen spring
Full stock
Custom paint
Red dot
Forward tank
cronoed at 18 balls per/second
Saint View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness - 7/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 1:53am
Originally posted by SupermanDan SupermanDan wrote:

i've seen good results with X-Ball bronze and Zap Tork. they have stiffer
textured shell, so they grip the inside of the barrel to spin them better. my
friend has a flatline on his custom pro, and that's what we use. he's never
chopped one in the barrel.

Never use Zap "Tork". They are the worst balls I've ever used, worse than the cheapo New-Name-Every-Week paint. They DONT break! They're horrible, I shot my friend 4 times in a row, and not 1 paintball broke. Terrible.

First to play, last to stay. MN Militia.
SETUP
Tippmann C98
12" All American - Opsgear M4 Foregrip - M4 Mag Kit - Solid Stock
woodman98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 11:50pm
ive found anything by RPS  works great, marbs are supposed to be awesome idk what happened there.  if u wanna spend that much id say give em another try id not i buy RPS big balls (about $40) and they work real nice for anything in that price.
tippmann 98 custom
-flatline
-2x trig
and...
SP Ion
14" sp progressive
evolution2 with zboard
sp 360 QEV
q-lock
72/4500
SupermanDan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupermanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Saint Saint wrote:

Never use Zap "Tork". They are the worst balls I've ever used, worse
than the cheapo New-Name-Every-Week paint. They DONT break! They're
horrible, I shot my friend 4 times in a row, and not 1 paintball broke.
Terrible.

well, the fact that my fields limit is 300 fps might affect how well they break
(from what i've read on forums and pbreview, most fields are 280fps). i do
find they bounce, but i guess i've had better luck with them than you did.
anyways, rampage switched back to x-ball, and it's noticably better.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic