Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a5 e grip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5user12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a5 e grip
    Posted: 14 April 2006 at 1:05pm

Hello, I have recently purchased an a5 with and e grip. And I am dissapointed in the e grip. The reason being is I have found out you need to change firing modes manually with tools. And another thing it turns of after 20 mins. The reason I don't  like this is because I have been walking around the woods playing paintball trying to find people and when I finally do my e grip has turned off and my gun won't fire. So I have to get out my tools and turn it on. I also don't know what firing mode i am putting it on.

Is there any way I can prevent any of these problems. Or any tips you can give me about using the egrip basically I want my gun to fire when ever I need it to. So if you could please help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks !

eldiablo_si View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldiablo_si Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 2:19pm
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the standard Tippmann e-grip isn't all that great of a purchase.  They are now coming with the WAS board, but from what I hear, even it isn't all that great.  I ditched my factory board and got the APE board.  It has a push button to change firing modes and a LED will flash with different colors and in different intervals to let you know what mode you are in.  Also, after every release of the trigger, the board goes into deep sleep to save your batteries.  What is so nice about the deep sleep is the fact that I can leave my gun in the firing mode of choice without turning it off.  As soon as you pull the trigger again, it wakes up, and fires on the first pull.  The board is also water resistant, which is great for woodsball players.  Hope I helped.
A-5 w/ APE E-Grip, Polished Internals, 12" Lapco Bigshot, GTA X Chamber, Dead On RVA, Trinity Spring Kit, Smart Parts Inline On/Off, Smart Parts Anti-Siphons
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 9:29pm
That's funny, The e-grip on my A5 turns on by pulling the trigger.  So you must have a different than standard Tippmann e-grip.  Also if you don't want to change modes during a game, leave it on full auto and learn some trigger control.
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 12:40pm
You have to change the modes like that because it's tournament legal.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Crazy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2006 at 9:46am
The WAS board will not shut itself off. Also you can change the firing modes by just touching the button on the board while the gun is turned on. Just keep touching the button until you find the mode you want.
When all else fails "SHOOT IT"
Torquestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torquestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2006 at 10:06am

Crazy01, I think you're mixing up the WAS Equalizer board and the Ape Rampage board.  The APE board doesn't shut off after 20 minutes and allows firing mode changes in the default mode.

The WAS board does shut off after 20 minutes and requires you to put the grip into program mode to select a different firing mode.

The APE board people are currently working on an external mode selector button that will attach to the current APE Rampage board and be mounted in a block between the ASA and grip.  This will allow us woodsballer types to change modes on the fly without tools.

I also ditched the WAS board in favor of the APE board.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic