Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

!!IS THIS A TIPPMANN FORUM?!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:17am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Originally posted by DVLCHLD DVLCHLD wrote:

Ooops. I registered on this forum because I was looking for other people that use Tippmanns but it seems that this forum is full of Tippmann haters too. Does anyone know of a web site for people that use Tippmanns?

theres no reason to be snobby. a majority of the people on this forum are actually wise when it comes to tippys. unfortunately, most are to busy trying to screw with people's mind (like all of the "what are tippmanns" comments) to help...

although to be wise with a tippmann usually involves being able to type "take it apart, change the orings and oil everything really well and make sure your tank is full"

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:23am
Originally posted by rdcisneros3 rdcisneros3 wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Originally posted by ImminentThreat ImminentThreat wrote:

The noob that has been playing since 1996 will now respectfully step back inline

That doesn't mean anything. It's posting on the forum that gets you respect. Besides, I highly doubt you've been playing for that long. This thread alone proves you are in the age group of 10-13. Take care and enjoy your stay.

What exactly qualifies as respect in an internet forum? Is it really that important to anyone to get respect within an internet forum? Seriously...

No, but if you are going to be a member of something, why not be respected?
rdcisneros3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdcisneros3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:43am

Once again, what qualifies as "respect" in relation to an internet forum? I don't post too often. I answer people's questions when I know the answer (or think I do) and have mine answered pretty frequently.

At what point would I actually be "respected"? At what point should I care?

Donny Cisneros
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 11:38am

Once again, what qualifies as "respect" in relation to an internet forum? I don't post too often. I answer people's questions when I know the answer (or think I do) and have mine answered pretty frequently.

To answer your second first, there's really no reason to care. If you do; great. If not, jsut as good.

As for 'when' you're respected, usually it involves a couple things. Generally a 'respected' member will be known for something in particular; a particular quirk, joke, or aspect of their lives. Like MBro's college antics, Enos's goatee and general awesomeness, pb125's limp noodle, or Choopie's stencils. Doens't have to be anything in particular, but it must be something that sets you apart from the legions of nublets who post links to funny articles at Fark or retell Chuck Norris jokes.

Second, you must not be overly annoying. When you can post a blatantly dumb thread and find people laughing with you, not at you, you're there. Any newb can post a truly inane or idiotic thread and get either shut down or ignored in quick roder. But sometimes one of the respected veteran members will post something equally inane and turn it into a ten page epic thread.

It's utterly arbitrary, and there's probably a new branch of mathematic evolving to explain it. I just go with it.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Apotheosis Apotheosis wrote:

Originally posted by ImminentThreat ImminentThreat wrote:

It's kinda funny how everyone and their brother posts about non-Tipmann markers in a TIPPMANN FORUM. No disrespect to owners of other markers besides Tippmann. It's just my opinion that if it isnt Tippmann it shouldnt be here.
I don't know a single person on this forum whose sibling is a member aswell.

You do realize it's a figure of speech, right?

Edited by Jack Carver - 18 April 2006 at 12:22pm
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Second, you must not be overly annoying. When you can post a blatantly dumb thread and find people laughing with you, not at you, you're there. Any newb can post a truly inane or idiotic thread and get either shut down or ignored in quick roder. But sometimes one of the respected veteran members will post something equally inane and turn it into a ten page epic thread.

Perfect example: Dave Ellis' "HEEEEEAAAD SHOULDERS KNEES AND TOES" thread.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Second, you must not be overly annoying. When you can
post a blatantly dumb thread and find people laughing with you, not at
you, you're there. Any newb can post a truly inane or idiotic thread
and get either shut down or ignored in quick roder. But sometimes one
of the respected veteran members will post something equally inane and
turn it into a ten page epic thread.

super_gman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_gman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

That looks like a really bad accident waiting to happen. But I lol'd.

Zerglet.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by super_gman super_gman wrote:

That looks like a really bad accident waiting to happen. But I lol'd.

hard

Fixed.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:06pm
Funny you mention it, I did hurt myself doing that. I cut my bottom gums up a tiny but trying to fit the whole glass rim into my mouth. It fit though, I was happy.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:09pm
pictures of yourself in spandex usually help you gain respect... or lose all of it...

one of the 2
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:29pm
looking at chewp's pic...

whoa. what else can you fit in your mouth?
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

looking at chewp's pic...

whoa. what else can you fit in your mouth?

What WON'T he fit in his mouth?

super_gman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_gman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:43pm

Funny you mention it, I did hurt myself doing that. I cut my bottom gums up a tiny but trying to fit the whole glass rim into my mouth. It fit though, I was happy.

I was thinking more along the lines of breaking the glass inside your mouth and impaling your gums with glass shards. That'd've been kinda painful. Good to hear that didn't happen.

Zerglet.
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Originally posted by DVLCHLD DVLCHLD wrote:

Ooops. I registered on this forum because I was looking for other people that use Tippmanns but it seems that this forum is full of Tippmann haters too. Does anyone know of a web site for people that use Tippmanns?

theres no reason to be snobby. a majority of the people on this forum are actually wise when it comes to tippys. unfortunately, most are to busy trying to screw with people's mind (like all of the "what are tippmanns" comments) to help...

although to be wise with a tippmann usually involves being able to type "take it apart, change the orings and oil everything really well and make sure your tank is full"

dang, I knew I forgot something...

Chewp, that picture is really disturbing. Now I'm going to have nightmares.

NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
pb125 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 4:17pm

To answer your second first, there's really no reason to care. If you do; great. If not, jsut as good.As for 'when' you're respected, usually it involves a couple things. Generally a 'respected' member will be known for something in particular; a particular quirk, joke, or aspect of their lives. Like MBro's college antics, Enos's goatee and general awesomeness, pb125's limp noodle, or Choopie's stencils. Doens't have to be anything in particular, but it must be something that sets you apart from the legions of nublets who post links to funny articles at Fark or retell Chuck Norris jokes.Second, you must not be overly annoying. When you can post a blatantly dumb thread and find people laughing with you, not at you, you're there. Any newb can post a truly inane or idiotic thread and get either shut down or ignored in quick roder. But sometimes one of the respected veteran members will post something equally inane and turn it into a ten page epic thread.It's utterly arbitrary, and there's probably a new branch of mathematic evolving to explain it. I just go with it.

Chyeah.
dmp4892. View Drop Down
guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Yes... Yes I am.

The PEDASMILE!!!
kevinthegreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinthegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by dmp4892. dmp4892. wrote:

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Yes... Yes I am.

The PEDASMILE!!!

i lol'd

hard
Tippmann A-5
Polished internals
4.2 inch rifled barrel
Destroyed OD paintjob
Love
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:13pm

^^good old maddox and his pedasmile advice....for those who never hear, www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com .

this man is truly a genious-warning may contain stuff you dont want to see said about certain topics

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:10pm

At what point would I actually be "respected"?

hell, i'm still not respected.... lol
X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic