3018 [56.92%]
2284 [43.08%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 or ION
    Posted: 27 April 2008 at 6:05pm
Time to lock it.  NOW.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2008 at 11:59am
^^^ Because some people don't realize that the original poster has probably already made and acted upon his marker decision at some point in the two years since he originally started this thread.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2008 at 11:12am
Why wont this thread die?
chaibill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaibill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2008 at 11:05am
I would say A5 over ion but now i would get an SP-1 over A5 
P68
68 carbine
Viper M1
Space Monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Space Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 10:49pm

I agree With HOInfantry, Far more upgrades for the Ion HOWEVER, the Ion is made for Speed Ball in My opinion.

As far as looks the TIPPMAN A-5 has more markers but, in all I like the Ion Much More for its Custombility and is Light Weight

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 6:55pm
You didnt make a good argument either. Range, efficiency and the
expense arguments are flawed.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 11:51pm

Originally posted by A5Player123 A5Player123 wrote:

well..... i hav an a5, and ive uses my freinds ion, its a great gun; it really is,
but... it eats up air really fast, its hard to change options on the board, and
its not reliable. i only have an a5 right now, but if i were to get a new gun, id
get an ion. but now, an a5 egrip can shoot 30bps and it comes with a
cyclone loader. its very reliable ad will never break. i suggest an a5. its not
as flarey as the ion, and is a little more expensive, but the ion in my opinion
is just something fun that can shoot fast. get the a5, its worth it
(also the range on the ion is horrible!)

Is there any reason you felt the need to dredge up a two year old thread?  If you wanted to state your opinion about the A-5 vs Ion argument, start your own thread about it.

A5Player123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Player123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 10:33pm
well..... i hav an a5, and ive uses my freinds ion, its a great gun; it really is,
but... it eats up air really fast, its hard to change options on the board, and
its not reliable. i only have an a5 right now, but if i were to get a new gun, id
get an ion. but now, an a5 egrip can shoot 30bps and it comes with a
cyclone loader. its very reliable ad will never break. i suggest an a5. its not
as flarey as the ion, and is a little more expensive, but the ion in my opinion
is just something fun that can shoot fast. get the a5, its worth it
(also the range on the ion is horrible!)
Paintball Gun: A-5| E-Grip| JCS Trigger| J&J 16"
Toaster Oven: 05 Special Edition Burner| Increased Toast Capacity(Up to 15 slices!)| Speedline Toast Rack set to 34 POTPS(Pieces Of Toast Per Second)
T A-5 View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Useless spam 6.24

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2006 at 4:55pm

s5dfja5sl;5dfjA;sdlhf;aA5dljfgetanA-5a;sljdf;laskhd55f;lkasj Ad5f;lkas

find the hidden messege ..........

ridesnowbrdr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridesnowbrdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 7:27pm
you already have a 98 custom, with r/t.. I'd go with the ion so you have a faster marker if you want to play speedball. The a5 and 98 custom are basically the same execpt for the cyclone, so why not switch it up a bit? that way you'll have 2 guns for 2 diff types of playing, or diff moods. go with the ion.
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:19pm
uhhh a5

thornygravy View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thornygravy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 6:09pm
It's not very fair to ask this question on a "Tippmann Forum" because u know wut the majority of the answers are gonna be
-Tippy 98c
-Polished Interns.
-RD Double Trig.
-5'' Drop
-j+j ceram 14''
-12v revy x-board
-SmartParts Grips
-Pen Spring Mod
-Milled Rear Sight
-Filled Front Grip
-Blue Paint job
Valdier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 9:20pm
I've been reading a lot of reviews specifically on the ion and the a-5... the two consisten themes:

The ion leaks gas all over the place(cheap quality), has a really bad solenoid problems, very slow breakdown time, but is cheap, accurate and fires fast out of the box. Barrel upgrade and part replacements are a must, as well as an e-hopper and HSA.

The A-5 is solid, so/so accurate, a bit louder, heavier and requires more upgrades to be "quality". It is also more of an air hog, although not too bad. Response trigger is a must, a remote is more likely due to gun weight, and the barrel is pretty bad so needs to be replaced.

Overall... I think I prefer quality over cost, so while the a-5 might take a bit more money to be "high end" the Ion is being reported as very flimsy and in need of repairs regularly... so...
WILD4WAR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILD4WAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 8:49am

It all depends on what type of ball you play. If you play speed ball then go for the ion, but if you play woods ball or like me MILSIM then go with the A-5, but the A-5 is good for speed ball to. As for upgrading I would have to say that There is more for the A-5 then the ion. And as far as for the speed if the guns, if you have a R/T or E-GRIP on the A-5 it will out run the ion all day long. And yes I have a A-5 with the R/T on it and I have played with the ion and was not impressed with it, it was a OK gun bun not for me, it was not a good woods ball gun.   

Edited by WILD4WAR - 07 June 2006 at 5:02pm
                     GO MILSIM OR GO HOME!
tippmannpb01 View Drop Down

Guested - idiot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannpb01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:32pm
well u prolly messed it up u dum buttt.........ions r the best.......THAS THE FINAL WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mess cow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mess cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 4:57pm
i hate ions mine brock down and now i have a 98 custom with a rt and a cyclone and it has been the best gun i have ever had
SpecterM4A1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecterM4A1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 12:47am

Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

dont listen to the idiots telling you to get an ion.  for one its only half as reliable.  though reliable, thats only compared to other markers in its catagory, the a5 however is as realiable as it gets.  also the ion costs more...though itmay not be THAT MUCH more your going to also have to buy an HPA tank and a hopper to keep up with the rate of fire or else your going to just be shooting a paint blender.  so theres another 250-300 bucks. 

Wow, do you even know what an ion is?  First of all, the ion is $200 new and a-5 $230 new. The ion is cheaper.  It depends what hpa tank you want to get.  If you're too worried about hpa being too expensive and can't afford it, just get the aluminum tanks that go for $60-65.  And if you don't get a hopper($70) to keep up with the rate of fire, it'll just be shooting a paint blender?  The ion has an eye that can sense when there is a ball in the the chamber.  So, it only fires if a ball is in the chamber(unless you turn the eye off).

This is an ion

MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 11:02pm
dont listen to the idiots telling you to get an ion.  for one its only half as reliable.  though reliable, thats only compared to other markers in its catagory, the a5 however is as realiable as it gets.  also the ion costs more...though itmay not be THAT MUCH more your going to also have to buy an HPA tank and a hopper to keep up with the rate of fire or else your going to just be shooting a paint blender.  so theres another 250-300 bucks. 
drummerboy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 11:25am
Originally posted by HeavyGunner5292 HeavyGunner5292 wrote:

Hey everybody i have a problem im kinda stuck between theses two. I did alot of reserch on both but still no luck. I have 430$ right now and im going to the shop this weekend so i need help. I play mostly woods and rifght now i have a custom pro r/t will stock shroud n all that so it really hevy n i kinda want something liter 

And good upgrade should i get first since i have extra $$

Thax

A-5:
-E-GripW/JCS
-BSA30mm
-J&J Ceramic 14"
-JCS POWERTUBE"GM"
-JCS VooDoo W/RVA
-StarFire Bolt
-Polished Internals
SpecterM4A1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecterM4A1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 12:08am

Originally posted by thorny-gravy thorny-gravy wrote:

ion all the way.. 98 beats ion tho

No it doesn't, go for the ion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic