Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ariakon Overlord

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
short, simple, and to the point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zataru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ariakon Overlord
    Posted: 29 April 2006 at 4:00am
knukclez View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language 6/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knukclez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 9:33am
i wouldnt purchase any kind of paintball pistole but that's just me.
Tippmann Custom Pro-E
Polished Internals
Custom Mill/Paint Job
16" Rifeled SP Barrel
A-6 Stock
QEV Cyclone Feed System
Chroned at 18 Balls a Second

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 12:10pm

ask yourself, do you really need that?

i dont see a point to them, but its opinion

id check pbreview

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 1:40pm
I think you should take the money that you were going to spend on the pistol, and put it into your A-5. You could get a RT or e-grip and a new barrel.
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 2:00pm
Ariakon are ok IMO, personnally I prefer the Sheridan PGP2, Palmer Pug, Palmer Squall, Palmer Micro Squall, AGD Sydarm, or the Zeus G2.

Here is a pic of my Squall

I have also owned a cple other pistols such as the Delta .68 aand PT Extreme. The Ariakon, Zeus G2, and Delta .68 are ok as side arms, but they are not very effective as primaries in my own experience. The Sheridan PGP2 and the Palmer Pug are both stock class pump pistols, very fun to play with and make for a great primary gun on the field, if you want a pump pistol, the PGP2 runs about $90 to $99 and the Palmer Pug goes for about $315. If you want a pistol that is a semi and you want to use it as your primary I would suggest the Palmer Squall $643 or the AGD Sydarm, which runs for about $400, both of these guns have excellent performance and will easily compete with any gun on the field. My Squall was my primary for a long time, I used it in rec, scenario, big games, sup air, you name it, and it was a blast, because I saved so much money on paint and air, playing with a pistol or a pump for that matter forces you to use tactics, flamking, and moving over just lobbing paint. If you want a gun that makes the awesomest sidearm you can holster, then a Palmer MicroSquall, it is a PGP that has been converted to a emi auto pistol, very small, light, and accurate, they are fun. Hope this helps.
"Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron."

-C.S. Lewis
sticky979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticky979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 2:09am

If you want to buy a pistol, buy Warsensor Zeus:

www.warsensor.com

it's much more reliable!

From Ariakon's forum:

Im am getting so sick of balls breaking when I am using my overlord. It seems to be the ball detent is not working right, so when a ball drops into the chamber, when fired, it breaks on the ball detent, which is sticking out. They are not breaking in the magazine. So if anyone could help me, thanks! Oh, and its about every 20 balls that one is breaking.

Is anybody else have problems with the magazine for their Overlord breaking paintballs?  I'll load my gun with 10 balls, 1 in the chamber and 9 in the magazine, but as soon as I squeeze the trigger the magazine crushes the first ball in the line when trying to push it into the chamber.   Does anyone else have this problem, or possibly know how to fix it other than spending another $30 for a new magazine?

Edited by sticky979 - 30 April 2006 at 2:22am
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:27am
My friend has a RAP4 T68 and really likes it. It's a nice pistol and when I shot it, it was quite accurate and easy to reload(both paintballs and CO2 cartridges).
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

My friend has a RAP4 T68 and really likes it. It's a nice pistol and when I shot it, it was quite accurate and easy to reload(both paintballs and CO2 cartridges).

I forgot about those, yeah, they are pretty good pistols.
"Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron."

-C.S. Lewis
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by sticky979 sticky979 wrote:

Is anybody else have problems with the magazine for their Overlord breaking paintballs? I'll load my gun with 10 balls, 1 in the chamber and 9 in the magazine, but as soon as I squeeze the trigger the magazine crushes the first ball in the line when trying to push it into the chamber.   Does anyone else have this problem, or possibly know how to fix it other than spending another $30 for a new magazine?

Is the spring in the magazine really stiff? If it is it will cause the balls to push past the ball dentent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic