Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

corroded valve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: corroded valve
    Posted: 15 May 2006 at 9:10pm
i finally took apart my gun to polish the internals +give it a new paintjob.

anyway i take the vert adapter off the powertube and i looked inside and the spring + metal around it look rusted/corroded.

what should i do? my marker works fine im just concerned

Edited by DsXz - 15 May 2006 at 9:11pm
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 9:24pm
Replace the internals of the vavle if you are worried about it. And to stop the problem switch to HPA and keep your gun cleaned.
dark assassin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark assassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 9:27pm
get some kind of bucket type thing and pour degreaser or some kind of rust remover...soak it overnight

that should do the trick
It's like a new pair o underwear, at first it's constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you."

-Garth
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 9:28pm

i clean +reoil all my stuff every 2 times i play(i kno its overkill)

and i do use hpa  look at my sig lol

iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by DsXz DsXz wrote:

i clean +reoil all my stuff every 2 times i play(i kno its overkill)and i do use hpa look at my sig lol

If you always clean it and use HPA, then the problen lies in where you are storing your marker. If its rusting you are probably storing it in a place with high humidity. To remedy this problem, either store it in a different place or get one of those things that keep your gun from rusting( I think you can get them at any sporting goods store).
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 7:08am

The corrosion is from moisture (condensation) and using HPA will help with that , so would have cleaning your marker after each day of play oiling it and letting it dry thoroughly .

If the corrosion is just light , clean it up and oil it well , and start cleaning and oiling the marker regularly .

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 7:26am
You're SUPPOSED to clean and oil it EVERY game of play, and if you don't play often, once every two weeks for maintainance.

You should not skip out on cleaning befor and after you play.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic