Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann 98 polished internals??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julian101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann 98 polished internals??
    Posted: 01 June 2006 at 10:08am
Ok i have a 98 custom.I want to know if i can get sandpaper and polish the inside of the tippmann.Or what do people mean by polished internals?? Please explain how and what you need to do this.Also some homemade upfrades made out of cheap stuff would be nice.THANK YOU please reply
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 1:58pm

search on the polished internals (dont use sandpaper use steel wool)

model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 3:32pm

i learned it the hard way (but was lucky) never use sandpaper.

fine grit sandpaper is expensive anyways. steel wool is like $1

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
julian101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julian101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:38pm
Ok so you are saying to go out and get  steel wool??Can you get this at homedepot??or where at?/Ok and once i gte steel whool get it and rib it against the inside of the tippmans casings??When do you know ehen to stop??Thank you -REPLY
ardyandkari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardyandkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 11:00pm
hes saying not to buy sandpaper.  steel wool works excelent to polish metals (just take some to a nasty NON-teflon pan and be amazed).

kuhndog said to do a search. that would be the best way to find out HOW to do it.
If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 11:11pm
you can buy steel woll anywhere. go to homedepot for best grit selection. but you can just go to a grocery store or maybe a variety store. when you have a hole in the middle of your gun you've gone too far. really you want to remove inperfections in factory paint job. DO NOT take away any of the actual metal

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 01 June 2006 at 11:13pm
Steve0492 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve0492 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 11:46pm
Wait, so which parts of the gun are supposed to be polish?
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 11:47pm
yeah, do a search.

When you search and you get to the "and now polish"..

Use mothers(its a brand) polish, its the best.
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 1:56am

from www.model98.org

julian101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julian101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 2:22am
Ok so wherver you see blue.I should use the steel wool first then polish??
Steve0492 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve0492 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 9:45am
ok, thanks a lot that picture helps a ton. is there any of the working
parts i should polish as well?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 11:26am

some sites will tell you to polish metal part, the hammer. i tried it but when i installed it a small piece chipped off. like my gun is ok and everything and i didnt need to replace it.

just stick to the diagram.

mikeandkyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeandkyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 4:02pm

Whats the point of "polished internels"? What do i get from "polishing"?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 4:16pm

really depends on who you ask. some will tell you it will hurt gun some will swear by it. as long as you do it right it wont hurt in any way.

i actually noticed the difference i just can't place what the difference is.

mikeandkyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeandkyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 10:08am
I'm just gunna wipe off the overspray with nevr-dull.
Mousehunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mousehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 1:28pm
The idea is that when you polish your internals, the moving parts move with less frisction, your parts will last longer and your rate of fire will increase, you will barely be able to feel the increase, but it's there.
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 2:00pm
if ure even scared to use steel wool u could use a scotch brite pad i used one to clean the rust of the rims of my truck and it did fine
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 4:21pm
Ughhh when I did mine I lightly sanded with 600 grit wet sandpaper and then polished it off with a dremel buffing wheel. The reason for polishing is to remove the excess divits created from tippmann using casted shells. It also smoothes out the bolt movement creating less wear over time.
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
kman1898 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kman1898 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by kuhndog599 kuhndog599 wrote:

search on the polished internals (dont use sandpaper use steel wool)

A-5
14" Dye Boomstick
Full Auto w/ Filed Down Sear
DOP X-Core 8 Stage Expansion Chamber
Pen Spring Mod
Blade Double Trigger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic