Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Select Fire R/T?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Select Fire R/T?
    Posted: 14 June 2006 at 11:09am

After reading a few pages of Brihard's thread on (what is known as) the blender mod, and how apparently someone got it to work, I came up with an idea:

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking about trying to take the R/T on my gun, and make it select fire. Someone in the aforementioned thread made a remark about putting a flow control valve on the R/T to make it select fire, instead of Brihard's idea of turning the blender mod into select fire, where you can change it from full auto to semi.

I'm going to take this idea and try to run with it: perhaps I can put a QEV where the flow control is on the Response trigger, and control the flow to the R/T from there. The problem with this idea is this: I'm not a guru on QEV's at all, and if anyone knows exactly how they work could help me out, or give me their ideas, i'd be greatly appreciative.
Is there any way I can limit the QEV to partially vent at a predetermined pressure, or is the QEV simply an on/off type of valve? (I'm asking if the QEV works similar to a wastegate on a turbocharger setup: it's set to vent at a predetermined boost level, but when it vents, it only releases the excess boost. so once you surpass the max boost, it vents off excess, but doesn't completely vent off all presssure.) So, back to paintball: if I want to fire at, for example, 8-10 bps, the QEV will vent a decent amount of air, but still hold enough pressure to activate the R/T at 10 bps. If I want to increase it to 15-16 bps, the QEV will still vent some air, but not nearly as much as it would if you were shooting at 10 bps. And if i just want to run Semi-Auto, i can turn the QEV all the way down, and it'll vent any gas that would normally activate the R/T.

give me your feedback. perhaps this is a really dumb idea, but i think it might work.

Edited by paintballinbill - 14 June 2006 at 11:11am
98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.
tippya5extreme View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filterdodging/Language 7/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 11:39am
sounds like it mite work    i dont have an r/t anymore but there is no reason trying!          ;  tell me if  it works.     clippard.com has alot of stuff like that

tippya5extreme
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 3:03pm
theres a easier way to do it then that alls you do is tune the r/t to say full auto and the make a mark on the gun then tune it so you only get a 3 round burst then put another mark on the gun so on and so forth. then alls you have to do is carry around the screwdriver or get like a toy mp5 and take the select fire switch off and mount it to the flow restrictor.
Canadians do it on top.
paintballinbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 12:14am

Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

theres a easier way to do it then that alls you do is tune the r/t to say full auto and the make a mark on the gun then tune it so you only get a 3 round burst then put another mark on the gun so on and so forth. then alls you have to do is carry around the screwdriver or get like a toy mp5 and take the select fire switch off and mount it to the flow restrictor.

if you know how the R/T works, you can't simply set it to full auto. you keep the full-auto effect by sweetspotting the trigger. if i hold it all the way down, it'll only fire one or two shots. i'm trying to make it so that if i want to play in a tournament, i can just set the QEV to be fully open, and therefore the R/T won't work. this way, i don't have to take the gun apart to take off the R/T.

98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic