Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 vs. 98 custom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What gun should I get? Is the A-5 really worth the extra money?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
33 [39.29%]
51 [60.71%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 vs. 98 custom
    Posted: 16 July 2006 at 11:34am
Hi everyone,

I was just wonder wether I should buy the A-5 or the 98 custom?
I know everyone is going to say the A-5 because it has the cyclone system and it's more durable and can shoot faster but with a few ups the 98 can be even better... so is the A-5 really worth the extra money?

please tell me your opinion.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 12:26pm
I'd say it's worth the extra money. Dont look at a 98 custom, look into a Custom Pro.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 5:52pm
I'd say the A-5 is worth it, but it personal prefrence... A-5 can get more ups...
Markle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 8:37pm
hmmm.... everyone here has said A-5 and 3 of the for votes are for the 98 custom and only 1 for the A-5?
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 11:25am
They're both good.

It's preferance.  Your statement is wrong about how the 98 can be better than the A-5, as they can both take the same upgrades, not including the e-bolt.  But, if you're into the e-bolt, you probably know how to custom make it for the A-5 anyways.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Cypher5601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cypher5601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 6:22pm
a-5 neva jams:)

murphyfever3711 View Drop Down
Strike Uno 4/26

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murphyfever3711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 6:33pm
a-5 or 98 hmmmm? how bout an impulse or ion?
Your either woodsball or no balls...it's your choice!
Choose Wisely...
tippya5extreme View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filterdodging/Language 7/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 9:13pm
a5

tippya5extreme
Awesomeman View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Slur 11/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesomeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 8:21pm
98 custom...mines rigged up with scope, stock,response trigg, flatline, remote. it works awesome. I likeit better then the a5 and the a5 isnt worht the extramoney
Tippmann A5, Flatline RIS shroud, RT, AVS Laser, Napco Red dot scope, M4 sliding stock, G36k Mag kit, Rased rail sight...

AWESOMEMAN RULES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 8:29pm

i say A5 heres why:

1. A5 can be easly cleaned out and internels removed.

2. putting upgrades/mods is a sinch. its just screwing them in and removing some pins.

3. tighter body.

4. can be just as fast or faster then a 98 custom with ups.

5. cyclone++++its sweat

the only thing i sort of dont like about them is the trigger frame. you cant put your own stickys on there

tippya5extreme
Strike 1 - Slur 11/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesomeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 8:38pm
i say 98 heres why:

1. 98 can be easly cleaned out and internels removed if you have any skill at all

2. putting upgrades/mods is a sinch. its just screwing them in and removing some pins.

3. bodies perf and doenst needto be tighter

4. can be just as fast or faster then a a5 with ups.

5. cyclone++++its sweat if you get one added on
Tippmann A5, Flatline RIS shroud, RT, AVS Laser, Napco Red dot scope, M4 sliding stock, G36k Mag kit, Rased rail sight...

AWESOMEMAN RULES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 8:46pm

Originally posted by Awesomeman Awesomeman wrote:

i say 98 heres why:

1. 98 can be easly cleaned out and internels removed if you have any skill at all

3. bodies perf and doenst needto be tighter

4. can be just as fast or faster then a a5 with ups.

5. cyclone++++its sweat if you get one added on

1. you dont need to have skill to clean out your gun. im saying is the A5 internels slide right out the back. with the 98, you have to take apart your everything off your gun to get to the inside.

2. its not just removing some pins...lets say you got a lpk. you would have to take everything off your gun, remove the recievers and install the the bolt and adapter. with the a5 all you have to do is remove the 2 back push pins and slide the stuff right out and swap the stuff out.

tippya5extreme
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 12:03am

i like the 98 because it weighs less...  and now it comes with acs...   it never had a chop problem before... but they pretty much just made it fool proof...  good deal!

X
Strike 1 - Slur 11/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesomeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:47am
the best partistaking ur whoel gun apart!

AWESOMEMAN RULES
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 10:28am

For Scenario paintball (Making your Pb Marker look like a real gun) A5's are better.

But for performance, They're about the same. If you are one of the people who hate cyclones get a 98. The 98 is also alot lighter than the A5, too but its not as easy to customize/take apart......

Markle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 10:18pm

well thanks everyone but i just won a 98 Custom off of Ebay
the pack i won Includes:  Tippmann 98 Custom paintball marker (refurb), mask, tank (20 oz), pack & pods (4),  hopper, remote coil, gun bag, and maintenance kit.

So thanks everyone!
Happy Paintballing!

P8ntblldude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8ntblldude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 10:10am
Everyone is just going to stick up for what gun they own... Me personally I own a Ebolted 98 Custom and I love it, but I do like A5's. A5's are easier to field strip, and come with a built in hopper, 98's are lighter, but harder to clean. Its all personal preference, but an up'ed 98 will shoot just as good as an up'ed A5.
*Team Compulsive*

Sponsors
*Won-Ago-Biking*
*Curleys Waterfront*

blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2006 at 2:29am
both of the guns are good...but i own a custom pro...so ya...

2400 post...

ro_ck_solid_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ro_ck_solid_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2006 at 10:22pm
Honestly its almost the same gun. they both use basically the same internals and have basically the same upgrades. Yeah the a-5 field strips and yea the 98 is a little more versatile but who on this forum doesnt enjoy spending time doing something to their gun? I say the longer it takes the better.
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Cypher5601 Cypher5601 wrote:

a-5 neva jams:)

That's not true, the a-5 jams as much as the 98 does, which isn't very often and also a completely random problem that seems to happen for no reason.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic