Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SL-68 II detent?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deadeyevt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeyevt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SL-68 II detent?
    Posted: 21 July 2006 at 9:02pm
Alrighty, I picked up one of these guys in a trade and I was orignally thinking of doing some crazy things with it, but have since changed my mind.  I am having a bit of a problem with it...  the balls just roll out the end of the barrel when it's cocked.  Is there a detent on these things anywhere? 
the paint is nelson hemmorage (sp?)
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 10:07pm
No detent.
RLTW
deadeyevt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeyevt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 10:19pm
yeh, i didn't think there was, but what keeps the ball from rolling out of the barrel?  or does it have to be that tight in the barrel?  I know Hemmorhage is a small bore paint, but like bruce, for the price paid, it's really good...  Maybe I can engineer a detent in there
Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 10:27pm
Eh I tried to think of ways to actually make a detent for mine, couldn't think of anything.  Just take your paint, and leave it out in the sun for a bit, it will hopefully get bigger.  
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
deadeyevt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeyevt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 10:30pm
I'm thinking of a barrel mounted detent...  cut a grove out on the barrel, insert the detent, and make something to fit on the bottom of the barrel to hold it in...  just an idea, i'll look at it more later.
is this a common problem that the paint falls out on everyone?
pattison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 5:00am
pumps and cockers often don't have detents because the ball sits in the barrel. the c3 has a wire spring detent in the barrel, it would be too easy to dremel a slot in the barrel and take some spring wire and make a c3 style one.
Eat The Brisket
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 11:17am
the easiest would be to try to immitate a rainmaker detent, its basically a paperclip they bent to portrude into the chamber and its held on by an external screw.

or u could spend a lil money and have someone install an angel/cocker detent

DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 11:24am
for some reason theres no edit button on my last post...so sorry for the double post but here, if your brave enough u can try it

deadeyevt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeyevt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 1:23pm
That's a really good idea, I think it'd be good to make a double detent if i followed that route.  Two independent ones, about 1/4" apart.  I could always Zip tie it to the barrel, pretty ghetto though, I'll look into a few things and try a couple ideas.
Short on posts, long on Knowledge!
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 8:37pm
The detent in autocockers and the C3 arent there to hold the ball in the barrel. If you have small bore paint, the paint will roll out on those guns too.

The only purpose of the detent in those is to prevent one ball from rolling forward in the barrel when the bolt is open, and allowing 2 balls to feed.

Hence why its sometimes called a ball detent, sometimes a ball latch, and sometimes an anti-double feed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic