Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone Trouble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98Ownage88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone Trouble
    Posted: 24 July 2006 at 10:43pm
Hey.. Well its not really trouble.. just a concern.. my cyclone feed feeds properly and works good.. but when i shoot fast the screw that goes into the 98customs valve gets all white and frosty.. is this normal? and what would happen if i got an e-grip and shot full auto? thats what im scared of.
Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 11:01pm
Well, it's normal, it's just the CO2, liquid co2 turning into a gas, which gets really cold.  I don't think anything bad would happen with the E-Grip, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
98Ownage88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98Ownage88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 11:11pm
can it freeze up to a point where it wont feed?
ro_ck_solid_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ro_ck_solid_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 8:24am
A lot of people have that problem with CO2. It's perfectly normal though. It's just like Mehs said it starts to get really cold as it expands. You won't have any problems with the e-grip in particular but at high rates of fire the lines can get so cold that they momentarily freeze up which may result in a chopped ball if you don't watch yourself. Of course I'm speaking out of experience with a response trigger not a cyclone.
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:

Well, it's normal, it's just the CO2, liquid co2 turning into a gas, which gets really cold.  I don't think anything bad would happen with the E-Grip, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 2:45pm
I ripped an entire hopper as fast as I could shoot on my A5 after I got it. The entire gun was white with ice and frost, and it never missed a single shot.
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 12:57am
yeah i was shooting so fast with my e-trigger the day i got it, that my CO2 tanks froze up and lost all the pressure so i had to let it thaw
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2006 at 4:29pm

was doing some testing last week ran out of paint. so I shot my A5 at 20bps just to see how cold it could get before it freezes up. the right side was white and was still shooting even after the bolt oring froze. at that time I had CO2 hitting my trigger finger. I had to stop for a sec to switch fingers. THAT HURT!  it finally locked when my barrel was half white.

(for people that dont know... dont touch the white parts, your finger will freeze to them)

1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic