Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Autococker parts..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autococker parts..
    Posted: 04 August 2006 at 5:59pm
So, I am bored with my Autococker right now, and I want to put something new on it.  This is my main gun, and its mechanical.  I want to make this one of the sweetest mechanical guns on the market, something I can truly be proud.

My current plans are half-blocking, purple anno to accent the silver parts, and maybe some lazer engraving on it.  I was thinking about either an Eblade (if you know or have one used, post me up a link or a PM as to where I can deal with you), or a CCM 3-way and Ram.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated in advance.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 7:00pm

The half-block, anno, and laser engraving sound awesome. An Eblade would be pretty tight on it as well.

However, if it were me, I would buy a CCM pump kit and a Dye slider frame.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 8:36pm
Well, I intend to start doing the local tournament series, and considering this is my main gun, and I have no steady source of income this is not a feasable idea on the pump kit.

Also, finding Eblades is getting harder and harder these days.
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 10:03pm

If you are looking to go electro, you might look for an entirely new (to you) cocker with eblade on ebay.

It may be cheaper to buy the whole thing than trying to get just the eblade.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

If you are looking to go electro, you might look for an entirely new (to you) cocker with eblade on ebay.

It may be cheaper to buy the whole thing than trying to get just the eblade.

Isnt it horrible that cocker resale value is that low... haha. 

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 10:33pm
I'm an electro guy so I'd definitely go for an E-blade or Race frame, along with the half-blocking.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 04 August 2006 at 10:33pm
Vitamin6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vitamin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2006 at 12:59am
I also am awaiting a new Cocker, but it's brand new not used. I'm like you, I'm getting mine Turtled, but I'm not a tournament player so I wont be getting an E-Blade.

However for $200 you can get a SF Worrframe. I know, I know it sucks butt compared to an E-Blade but hey it's new and still an electro. 

After much reading I suggest you get some QEV's, a new Ram, and all derlin bolt. Or you can get the Nexus Internals Kit.

And when you get some cash you can get an MQ Valve, also installed by Turtle.
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2006 at 1:12am

Good suggestions, but I might suggest that you hold off on the half-blocking.

Going electro will signficantly improve performance, but half-blocking is mostly cosmetic, particularly for a mech.  Even with an egrip, half-blocking will only really help you if you have seriously fast fingers.  And it costs a fair penny.

Spend your money on the electification - that's the main upgrade.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2006 at 1:48am
how much does half blocking cost by the way, and who does it?
Tippmann 98 Custom
Psycho Ballistics X-Chamber
P.B. Drop Forward
Polished internals
Lapco Bigshot 12"
Macro Line
Rufus Dog Double Trigger
Dye Stickies
Polished Receiver Halves
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2006 at 9:50am
Half-blocking is VERY expensive, and it works well with fast fingers like Ramb said (which I have).  Lowers the amount of reciprocating mass which enables the gun to cycle quicker.  Where can I find the new Worrframe, I've seen a couple and was actually moderately impressed.
Vitamin6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vitamin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 11:54pm
Worrframe SF is $200 on Mark's Discount Paintball, its an Ebay store, he also sells lots of other Pball stuff real cheap, and its all new.

Turtle Half-blocking is done by Turtleinnovation.com its $165 for regular half blocking, and 225 and 250 for 1 and 2 color annodizing.

Half blocking is mostly cosmetic but it does lower cocking mass and removes your back block so that you can hold your gun tighter, some say its more air effecient too.

Half blocking means your cutting your upper tube in half and removing your back block instead placing a linkage arm on the back of your bolt(i think) and cutting an opening to reload your hammer directly without using a cocking rod.

I would half block it as a final uprgade, because after market internals and an aftermarket front block along with an e frame are the best resulting upgrades.

Be aware because Turtle innovation places alot of Turtle internals in your gun so buying some upgrades and then turtling your cocker right away may be a waste of money, plus you can't buy certain upgrades after you turtle you cocker. So visit their website do some researching online and then plan ahead.

Edited by Vitamin6 - 06 August 2006 at 11:56pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 3:09pm
Thanks for the information on where to buy the Worrframe from, Vitamin6, I appreciate it quite a bit.  As for the info on the half-blocking, its top-notch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic