Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Triumph (not the hopper the gun)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Strike 1 - Poop Pic 1/10/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xTippyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 10:43pm
Wow, so disappointed,
meteora View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meteora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 11:17pm
what a gigantic trigger guard

GUN WHORE
XTC
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 11:20pm
what an ugly gun...

glazener24 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 11:41pm

Originally posted by pimptastik pimptastik wrote:

since when does cedric work for tippmann?  i deff missed something

He doesn't.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 11:46pm

Originally posted by pimptastik pimptastik wrote:

since when does cedric work for tippmann?  i deff missed something

I work for the TPI design department, and all I've got to say is no comment. My original idea consisited of an open bolt electromechanical linear design but with a high quality aluminum body with 4 anodizing colors. The rest of the department wanted to cut costs to compete with Kingman, so they changed the body to plastic and reshaped it. And now there is a mechanical version as well. My apologies to those who don't like it.

-Don

P.S. The TPI sponsored tank, the Hellhound, has been redesigned and the old one is for sale. PM Cedric for details.

Edited by DeTrevni - 11 August 2006 at 11:47pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 1:58am
I dont think its that bad..It's a low end marker you can't expect 1337uberness :O
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 2:16am
theres a difference between 1337 uberness(what we want) and 1337 n00berness(what we got)
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 3:05am
I smell PBC shenanigans.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

I smell PBC shenanigans.

There's some kind of shens going on here, I just can't figure it out yet. If the ad is a photoshop, it's pretty good.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Slasher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 9:24am
Is that a drill? Looks like that dual drill I saw on tv. First airsoft now this... I dont like the direction that the company is going.
Ah i just realized, they reincarnated the BE Samurai and gave it that Home Depot look. Burp!

Slasher

Edited by Slasher - 12 August 2006 at 9:34am
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 9:59am
shens

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 10:01am
If they wanted to attract speedballers, cheap and unattractive isn't the way to go.

If Tippmann redesigned a gun around a linear clamshell design(smaller bore, possibly the same bore as an autococker, etc.), with an e-bolt type system(stop the seartripping, please?) and an alluminum body, I think it would be successful in destroying the market for kingman, and competing with the Ion. If the valve doesn't have enough volume for the high rates of fire the gun would acchieve, just use a volumizer.

But apparently that isn't tippmann's thing. They should just stick with woodsball i guess

Edit: to add onto my dream tippmann product, move the gripframe up as far as possible while still allowing for a vertical asa to combat the longness of a tippmann.

Edited by Frobs - 12 August 2006 at 10:07am
BooksAndLeaves View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested, Binary F-Bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BooksAndLeaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 10:10am
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

I smell PBC shenanigans.

There's some kind of shens going on here, I just can't figure it out yet. If the ad is a photoshop, it's pretty good.

WOW you are COMPLETE morons, wtf is up with you lately blaming pbc for the weirdest things
Farcry0092 View Drop Down
im not nominated for anything

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farcry0092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 11:01am
looks ugly as sin
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

I really can't say much, except that we will be giving away 100 of them to various forumers.

I'll take one. I wouldn't mind atleast seeing how it performs. Maybe even figure out some handy mods.
Hoboman View Drop Down
Puts the "B.O." in HOBO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoboman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 11:48am

God I hope thats fake.

Tofu_X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tofu_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 11:58am

I really can't say much, except that we will be giving away 100 of them to various forumers.

I'll take one, I've always trusted Tippmann to make quality guns. Plus...
I've always wanted to be a test rat. Yay..... How can you judge a gun with out shooting it?

Edited by Tofu_X - 12 August 2006 at 11:59am
Sgt. Hulka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. Hulka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 12:39pm
BLAAAHHHHH!!!
It's just a flesh wound
FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 12:46pm
I refuse to buy it.
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 1:01pm

Originally posted by Tofu_X Tofu_X wrote:

I'll take one, I've always trusted Tippmann to make quality guns. Plus...
I've always wanted to be a test rat. Yay..... How can you judge a gun with out shooting it?

On looks, and its gonna perform like any 98c with an expansion chamber and an e-trigger.

Its just disappointing that they had to house all of that in an ugly plastic body that makes it look similar to something brasseagle would make.

And besides,they did nothing to make it any different or better than a previous gun.

Obviously this is supposed to appeal to speedballers, and this is going to be too heavy, slow, and inefficient for their liking.(judging by the majority of the forumers posting here, too ugly too)

(I have made these judgements around my knowledge of tippmann products. I can tell they are using the same hammer platform, which means they are using the same sear tripping platform and the same valve platform. Nothing has changed accept for the ugly plastic body, the expansion chamber, and the vert feed)

Edit: Looking at it again, i noticed the moulded grips. What the hell Tippmann? People like upgrading grips. First the A-5 now this again? What happened to the standard gripframe idea?

Edit2: Every time i look at it it reminds me more of a BE. Yeah, BE uses plastic bodies held together with phillips screws too.

Edited by Frobs - 12 August 2006 at 1:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic