Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Triumph (not the hopper the gun)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 8:42am

/\ good idea-bodykits would be sweet.

and nice drawing actually looks really cool for some reason

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 3:35pm
You know what it seems, ive re-read this thread about 5-6 times, and every time, the gun seems better and better(origionally i thought it was HORRID.)

Yes, I know it is ugly, but companies made body kits for IONs, why not triumphs?

This could likely be a very good gun for just starting out. If companies make different body kits(different ones for speed/woods) then when players decide weather to play speed or woods, they can keep the same gun, and get a new body kit.

Obviously, every serious player is going to upgrade from the triumph, but I forsee this gun ruling the noob/1 year player market.

Edit: If I ever start and finish some of the projects i have on my mind, and have any money, I might pick one of these up too.(that means, in a couple years...)

Edited by Frobs - 22 August 2006 at 3:37pm
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 6:29pm

Originally posted by Frobs Frobs wrote:

You know what it seems, ive re-read this thread about 5-6 times, and every time, the gun seems better and better(origionally i thought it was HORRID.)

Yes, I know it is ugly, but companies made body kits for IONs, why not triumphs?

This could likely be a very good gun for just starting out. If companies make different body kits(different ones for speed/woods) then when players decide weather to play speed or woods, they can keep the same gun, and get a new body kit.

Obviously, every serious player is going to upgrade from the triumph, but I forsee this gun ruling the noob/1 year player market.

Edit: If I ever start and finish some of the projects i have on my mind, and have any money, I might pick one of these up too.(that means, in a couple years...)

Where does it say that the plastic shell (if it is actually a shell ) is removable?

DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I don't know what you could do with it. Everything looks attatched permanently...

nothins permanent if you try hard enough
God Of War View Drop Down
Guested - moron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Of War Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 10:26pm

Originally posted by DsXz DsXz wrote:

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I don't know what you could do with it. Everything looks attatched permanently...

nothins permanent if you try hard enough

sry but i disaggree with this gun, it does look permanant 

Semper Fi

98custom
14" Proggressive barrel
20 oz C02 tank
R/T kit
EmpireII auto hopper
Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 9:53am
omg..tippmann just died!!
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
God Of War View Drop Down
Guested - moron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Of War Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 10:10am

Originally posted by Sarge14 Sarge14 wrote:

omg..tippmann just died!!

y? that gun is hott

Semper Fi

98custom
14" Proggressive barrel
20 oz C02 tank
R/T kit
EmpireII auto hopper
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 10:44am
I might by the cheapest one just to mod it for fun.
KillerBD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerBD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 11:05am
Tippmann probly just made it so they can sell it for under $100. So they can target the newbies for their marker sales and have a wider scope of customers.
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Where does it say that the plastic shell (if it is actually a shell ) is removable?

You can remove the recievers of a 98, can't you?(retorical question)

Obviously, it would require removing ALL internals, but you can still remove the recievers, i assume. It seems thay are held together by a few phillips screws.
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 3:01pm
Just look at the manual on the site. It has like 3 parts just for the body, then two parts for the trigger frame.

Moddable? Maybe but its going to probably look like crap afterwards.
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Just look at the manual on the site. It has like 3 parts just for the body, then two parts for the trigger frame.

Moddable? Maybe but its going to probably look like crap afterwards.

Well, can it get any worse?
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 9:27pm
I just read through this thread for the first time.  Wow, what an about face of general opinion in less than two weeks!  I honestly didn't think it looked that bad in the original pic, but the real thing looks much better.  Why, though, I wonder, did Tippmann have to use some prototype/Photoshopped ad when the marker was on the verge of being released?  Again, the final product looks a lot better.  I'm new to pball, but I'm so happy with the A-5, that I'll pick one up just to screw around with, to support the new line.  It costs the same as my friggin' barrel!

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 9:55pm

Obviously, it would require removing ALL internals, but you can still remove the recievers, i assume. It seems thay are held together by a few phillips screws.

I'm pretty sure you completely missed the point of my question.

People are assuming it's like an Ion; plastic shell, but metal "receivers" inside.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 24 August 2006 at 9:56pm
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 4:53am
no matter how you shake it, it will be ugly. 
X
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 9:59pm

I'm pretty sure you completely missed the point of my question.

People are assuming it's like an Ion; plastic shell, but metal "receivers" inside.

No, no. I realize it probably has no metal inside. What im saying is, with a body like that, i'm sure there will be some sort of body kits available for purchase. Many companies took many materials and made bodies for Ions.

Obviously, a body for the triumph will be much more complicated to make.

Edit: There is the chance though, that the body is TOO complicated for other companies to make aftermarket bodies. In this case, you get stuck with an ugly plastic 98c.

Edited by Frobs - 25 August 2006 at 10:01pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 10:01pm
We shall see....
DKNewYork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKNewYork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 10:15pm

I can see where the designer of the gun get his design cues from or Tippmann plans on getting into powder actuated tools.

PM6
- Stiffi Barrel
- Slingblade trigger

Brother's Gun

Angel Joy Division
- Tag Predator Board
- Smart Parts Micro
- Freak kit
Backup - A5

dirtbike14455 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbike14455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 10:41pm
estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2006 at 8:47am
Originally posted by DKNewYork DKNewYork wrote:

I can see where the designer of the gun get his design cues from or Tippmann plans on getting into powder actuated tools.

Pwnzorxz

Thinking about it...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic