Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Noob’s A-5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 3:50pm

Just got my new hopper in today; woo hoo!

Edit: X7 hopper BTW

Edited by netramakin - 23 January 2007 at 11:29pm

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
sort View Drop Down
I make no sense. Then I argue about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 9:16am
Originally posted by netramakin netramakin wrote:

The TAC-CAP is for looks only.  I can't imagine a situation that you'd want such a small hopper for, but as I said, I am a noob.  The stock is the next purchase, then a see-thru rail.  Thoughts?

I use a tac-cap when I don't want get into serious firefights....it's good to have if you want to run light, and have a specific target in mind and would rather go over, under or around than straight through the  enemy hordes.

Edited by sort - 21 January 2007 at 9:16am
Revelations 6:8--It's not revenge, it's Punishment.
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by sort sort wrote:

it's good to have if you...would rather go over, under or around than straight through the enemy hordes.

Over?

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 5:22pm
I think everyone forgets the most Important thing. It doesnt matter what you have or wish you had on your gun. I see from your post that your sharing time with your son and friends, that is the best part of paintball right there.

I see that you have changed your set up as you grow as a player. It's been said before and I'll say it again. You might want to look into an Egrip. It's a easy drop in Mod. And with a WAS Board it can give you that Extra Punch to get out of a bind.

I like the way your gun look kudos to you and hope you get out there more often. Try to make a Weekend 24 Hour game. Those are a blast.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 10:49pm

Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

I see from your post that your sharing time with your son and friends, that is the best part of paintball right there.

Well said!

You might want to look into an Egrip. It's a easy drop in Mod. And with a WAS Board it can give you that Extra Punch to get out of a bind.

Actually I've got an eGrip on there now and, because of a wierd transaction, I've got a Ramage board and an extra eGrip w/ a WAS board that I'm planning to setup with a drop so I can switch out for speedball.

kudos to you and hope you get out there more often. Try to make a Weekend 24 Hour game. Those are a blast.

I'm planning on a couple of a tourneys at my local field in February and April and then EMR in May, Skirmish in September.  Don't know if any of those are 24 hour games, but yeah, that does sound cool.  Any you recommend?  Thanks for the kind words.

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 7:09pm
New Jersey Nam, best 24 hour game on the east coast brutha.

I heard all sorts of horrid stories of Skirmish from the 100$ a case for lamo paint. To being aunder refed. I have never been there so I cant say. Thou i'd never would play a game there.
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 8:29pm
i gotta say, for you first gun, and never having played before its quite extravagant. you really went all out, i like it.

what kinda st!ffi is that?
Canadians do it on top.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 9:32pm

Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

i gotta say, for you first gun, and never having played before its quite extravagant. you really went all out, i like it.

Thanks Squish.  Well, this thread started back in August, so I've got four months under my belt now; hittin the field as often as I can afford.  My buddy told me that I've done as much as he has in 8 years...LOL.  Not quite, but I'm gettin there.

Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

what kinda st!ffi is that?

It's SO's new C-series line.  I was looking for something short but accurate.  Haven't field tested it yet but will this weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 11:28am

New Jersey Nam, best 24 hour game on the east coast brutha.

Two weeks before my wife's due date...  As I surf around, I'm reading real good things about it, though...next year, I guess.  also, they have a new location for this year, if you haven't heard.

I heard all sorts of horrid stories of Skirmish

Really?  I hadn't heard that.  I'll take itinto consideration, but that castle is just so inviting!

ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 8:41pm
noice.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
sort View Drop Down
I make no sense. Then I argue about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by netramakin netramakin wrote:

Originally posted by sort sort wrote:

it's good to have if you...would rather go over, under or around than straight through the enemy hordes.

Over?

Yes, OVER....you'da hafto have been there.....

Revelations 6:8--It's not revenge, it's Punishment.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 10:50pm

Added a QEV, Lightning Rod, macro, the 5.5" JCS and I was bored.

Scepter launcher next...

Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 1:55am
You could go to the PBLI Big Game, at Cousins in Coram NY, May 19th and 20th, as it is not all that far away from CT.
2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
barrelcondom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrelcondom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2007 at 10:58pm
whats is that shroud at the first segment of the flatline that has the lines on it and where did u get it
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2007 at 11:27pm
Don't do the Scepter. Wouldn't look right.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 7:45pm

Originally posted by barrelcondom barrelcondom wrote:

whats is that shroud at the first segment of the flatline that has the lines on it and where did u get it

Hey barrelcondom,

It's all a one-piece shroud.  Got it on eBay (media_mechanix).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 7:49pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Don't do the Scepter. Wouldn't look right.

I'd only use it for scenarios coupled with the Flatline.  Eventualy I think I'll just buy a second A-5 so I can switch off to a shorty mid-day if I need/want to without having to break the gun down...when I'm a little less poor, that is.

VTpaintballer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 9:18pm
take the grip off, throw it away

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 4:47pm

Originally posted by VTpaintballer VTpaintballer wrote:

take the grip off, throw it away

Why?

RV A-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RV A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 4:02pm

Nice, needs a stock!

RV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic