Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Noob’s A-5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 7:11pm

Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

you haven't played yet?

No, if you read the first post of this thread, I said that I'm going out next weekend for the first time.  Just bought the gun a month ago and have been collecting the equipment I need (and a few mods) since.  Funny, too: after getting interested, I've gotten my son, my brother-in-law, his friend, my brother, a good friend and 5 of his friends all playing (the last 3 (or 7) have played fairly extensively before)...well, at least they're playing that one day.

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 7:19pm

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

looks good, i like it. i dont like those hoppers though, they look alright, but i dont think that 100 rds for an a-5 is adequate.

Thanks; I like the look, but that's all its good for, as far as I can figure.  I bought it 'cause it was cheap and I thought maybe you could switch them out like mags (it was like the first mod I bought and knew nothing).  And 100 rounds?  They hold 50 max!  I'm looking into a new feeder system, but it isn't out yet.

Edited by netramakin - 24 August 2006 at 7:20pm

estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 10:42am

I like it. I think it's a little much that you've never played and put like 200 bucks into your gun.

And G.I.Joe's son the quote in your sig was originally said by shakespear.

Thinking about it...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by estcstpnt estcstpnt wrote:

I like it. I think it's a little much that you've never played and put like 200 bucks into your gun.

Thanks; I only bought one performance upgrade, though, so I haven't really changed it radically and I'll defnitely use the stock barrell at least a few times, just to figure out what I like about each.  I've used the stock for a lot of target practice already, though.

Oh, and tack on another $100; the stock is coming...

Originally posted by estcstpnt estcstpnt wrote:

And G.I.Joe's son the quote in your sig was originally said by shakespear.

Good call.  I did not know that.

Cyberdemon View Drop Down
Guested by request

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyberdemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2006 at 12:40pm
i think thats awesome good job

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2006 at 4:06pm
Your heading in the wrong direction man. Your first upgrades should be something that will help the performance of your gun, not how it looks.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2006 at 4:29pm
umm...no...looks weird
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
Koyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2006 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by netramakin netramakin wrote:

The stock is the next purchase, then a see-thru rail.  Thoughts?

Heh I went and bought a JCS RVA combat folding stock for my A-5 and to tell you the truth i'd honestly just go and use the tank as a stock mainly because with the Bt fixed stock, tippmann folding stock, long with the one on my gun am not able to use my sights at all, so to use the stock I bad to go out and buy a JCS offset mount and put on a red dot scope which works out for me cause at twenty yards it's dead on.

http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=158 201&PN=4 Just went and ordered a 20 inche barrel for her.

Tippmann X7

Tippmann Custom Pro E trigger

Tippmann Pro/Carbine

Tippmann C-3

Tippmann 98 Custom

Tippmann A-5

expansion kit

flatline

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 9:15am

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Your heading in the wrong direction man. Your first upgrades should be something that will help the performance of your gun, not how it looks.

Nah; I'd rather upgrade the looks first (I HAD to upgrade something), get used to stock & stock + flatty, then upgrade performance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2007 at 11:49pm

I was bored, so I figured I'd update this post with the new look of my A5.  I've found that I'm doing a lot of close quarter combat lately at my local field so I figured I'd give the Blackcell 4" C-series barrel a shot and then added an A-5A2 foregrip.  I haven't tried it on the field yet, but will update next week, after I do, if anyone's interested.

I have a couple more things to do before I enter it in a TOTM, first and foremost a paint job, but it's coming along I guess.

Here's a shot of my son's new Ion with Pulse loader, too.  Need to fix the line, obviously, but we just wanted to get it working first and see how the drop looked.  Plus, he's horrible at keeping track of screws and three are missing already (2 from the gun, 1 from the loader)!

Edited by netramakin - 20 January 2007 at 12:03am

GoTsKiLLz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoTsKiLLz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 6:09am
4" barrel...wut is that good 4? that cant be accurate at all.

My DM7 and PM6. :)
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 8:47am

Originally posted by GoTsKiLLz GoTsKiLLz wrote:

Well, if hes playing really close quarters..... i suppose it wont matter.

Not really a fan of the Pulse loaders, with the bad batches people have been talking about, so hopefully your son has a decent one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 8:58am

Well, as I said, I've been getting up close and personal lately, so I wanted to get the most accurate short barrel I could find because my Flatline was getting difficult to quickly maneuver over and around bunkers.  Read the description from SpecOps.com...

Special Ops Paintball and Stiffi (SITE Inc.,) have teamed up to bring you one of the best paintball gun barrels on the market. The Blackcell barrels are extremely strong, super quiet, lightweight, and are available in black and olive drab colors. The C-Series barrels feature a carbon-wrapped and KevlarŪ construction with e-glass (an ultra-smooth fiberglass compound center) to provide premium accuracy and optimum strength and rigidity.

I'm not saying it does have "premium accuracy", as I haven't field tested it yet, but I just need something that will be accurate up to 50'.  Since everything I've purchased from SpecOps has been quality and I only hear good things about Stiffi and it's only $35, it's a low-risk bet.  You can read the first couple of reviews on it at pbreview.com here.  I'll add my review in a week or two.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 9:00am

Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

Not really a fan of the Pulse loaders, with the bad batches people have been talking about, so hopefully your son has a decent one.

So far, so good, though he hasn't field tested his hopper yet either.  What were the issues?  I've been out of the loop the past couple months.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 10:40am

So far, so good, though he hasn't field tested his hopper yet either.  What were the issues?  I've been out of the loop the past couple months.

Some people have complained about very weak shells and buttons that when hit are also completely broken.

GoTsKiLLz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoTsKiLLz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 10:51am

I have a Pulse Loader and so do a couple of my buddies and they work perfectly...as of PBReview.com its a so-so site inputed mostly by a bunch of little kids. I'm not saying the site isnt useful...just make sure u dont make ur decisions just because what is said on the site. Overall, nice gun...i just dont understand how ur doing that much close combat battles that made u go and buy a 4" barrel. W/e floats ur boat, any how good luck and enjoy the game!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 11:33am

Some people have complained about very weak shells

I can't figure that one out.  I've heard a few people say that but then other people mention a video of people hitting it with sledgehammers with little to no effect.  Don't know which to believe yet.

i just dont understand how ur doing that much close combat battles that made u go and buy a 4" barrel.

Our local field has alot of structures, a village and sup air so I've found that I'm usually engaging at less than 100' and I'm really enjoying running up into the frey lately, so I usually quickly close that distance.  Plus I just really like the look.  I'm hoping that all of fancy technology that went into the barrel will make it equal to the accuracy of a decent 8"-12".

As for pbreview, I love the site.  You can almost always tell when someone's review is bunk and can usually get a general consensus of a product if there are enough reviews.  Not enough for the c-series yet, though.

good luck and enjoy the game!

Thanks, man; right back at ya.

GoTsKiLLz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoTsKiLLz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 12:02pm

Our local field has alot of structures, a village and sup air so I've found that I'm usually engaging at less than 100' and I'm really enjoying running up into the frey lately, so I usually quickly close that distance.

Thats sweet...my local field is pretty much the same as well...wut is ur field's name?

Gasdrinker View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language 6/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gasdrinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 12:04pm
looks familiar
you can see mine 9/10ths down the page.
http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=163 405&KW=Gasdrinker

Edited by Gasdrinker - 20 January 2007 at 12:04pm
Tippmann A-5/Zeus G1
E-Grip /w APE board
QEV
Vortex
Flatline
Dye UL 14 in.
R5 Hopper
Lapco offset rail with Tac Light/Scope
OpsGear MP5 Sliding Stock
OpsGear MP5 Mag kit
SpecOps Front grip

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 12:14pm

wut is ur field's name?

Strategy Plus in Portland, CT

Originally posted by Gasdrinker Gasdrinker wrote:

looks familiar

Yeah, no doubt.  I wasn't sure if the mag foregrip (I assume that's what you have) would fit with an OpsGear mag, so I went with the shorty.  You didn't have to mod it at all did you?

Edited by netramakin - 20 January 2007 at 12:16pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic