Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Noob’s A-5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 11:24pm

Thanks, folks.  I used the same pattern on my Scepter launcher, but I have to sand down the SD a tad further to get it to fit.  Will post pics when its done.  I also have to finish the DuraClear on some parts, get a new screw set and put a swivel on the SD version, but I think I'm going to mount that one to a modified stock site as there is a second site hole on the SD shroud.  I'd eventually like to get a solid air-thru stock and MP5 handguard, too, for another look, but I've dumped enough cash into it for now.

Hey mamasboi, check out this link for tips on Duracoating, if you go that route.  Works alot better than paint.

Edited by netramakin - 19 July 2007 at 11:27pm

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 4:20pm

Updated pics with the Scepter (finally) installed, below.  I had to have it run through a lathe and add an o-ring as the launcher's barrel adapter was just sliding right out of the receivers when assembled.  Still missing a couple of screws and the airline but I'm switching it over to macro so I didn't want to bother hooking it all up just yet.

full specs:

Tippmann A-5
JCS Red Hot power tube
Shocktech Superfly bolt (actually, I need to fix the hole in this thing because it doesn't sit right so I'm currently using the stock bolt)
TechT Vortex, Lightning Rod & QEPH
Palmer's Pursuit QEV
eGrip w/ Rampage board, Rampage ProE magnetic trigger (milsim) & Cl0ne's grips
Metadyne MP5 gas thru mag
Metadyne MP collapsible stock
Metadyne SR6 floating hand guard
aluminum thumb screws
Maddman springs
Duracoat custom camo (HK semigloss black & grey wolf) & Duraclear
custom side plate: Tippmann A-5 • Enigma
custom velocity adjuster
X7 hopper
macroline
SpecOps A-5 flattop rail
YHM dovetail sling mount
padded sling w/ YHM 1-1/4" q/d sling swivel x2 (not shown)

Shorty version:
SpecOps A-5A2 foregrip (MP mag) w/ Michaels of Oregon blued wood screw stud (& JB Weld)
JCS 5.5" XShort barrel (for small paint)
Stiffi 4" Blackcell C-Series barrel (black) w/ C-Series Flanker barrel tip (for big paint)
OpsGear Dishka flash suppressor (to increase the report; its a shorty so why not scare the crap out of some people?)

SD version:
SpecOps MP5 SD shroud
10" J&J ceramic barrel
Michaels of Oregon blued machine screw stud (not shown)
Scepter 4000-A grenade launcher (for scenarios)

Guess I can call this one done.

My next project is to build an A-5 for under $1K that both looks good and can keep up with the high-end markers at my local field.  I want it tight and fast, so I'm thinking A-5 + Bullpup shroud + QLoader.  I already have an SR12 and an eGrip for it, but will post pics in a new message as it starts to come together.

Edit: got the Bullpup shroud and a double trigger; just need a QLoader now; will update in new post

Edited by netramakin - 03 August 2007 at 4:33pm

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 11:24pm
You should have just made a new thread, but its very nice. How much did you pay for the scepter?
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 12:07am

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

You should have just made a new thread, but its very nice.

I just wanted to keep it at 1 thread for 1 marker, though I did also show a pic or two in a Duracoat thread.

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

How much did you pay for the scepter?

The cost was $350 (which was the cost of it new, though its no longer in production), but I had only put a downpayment of $150 on it when my wife picked up the rest of the tab and surprised me with it for our anniversary.  I was floored.  She was actually listening to me when I told her all about it, remembered it for a gift and took the time to figure out where the shop was!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic