Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 Prob..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 Prob..
    Posted: 27 August 2006 at 7:22pm

Sup guyz,

I haven't been playing for 3-5 months. I just went out to play today at a pb field. Pulled out the A-5 and cocked the marker and then aired it up, Took a shot and the marker went to fully auto mode. It sounded like it was low on air. So i took it apart and wiped down all the dirty parts that moves around in the internal and added couple drops of oil and put the marker back and it had the same prob. Any help would be nice.

My set up: Flatline, super R/T, Pen/Straw mod, 68/3k tank. I'm 100% it was not low on air, because i had all day air at the field and i kept topin it off.

shut up..or i'll blast ur a$$....

phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 8:00pm

Take out the straw mod.

Then report back!

a5king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 8:19pm
it helped a little..not gettin the consistant fully auto. but, i'm still gettin some 3-6 burst auto effect.. any help?????? I turn down my R/T and it shots semi ok, every now n then it goes 3-6 burst. maybe somthines worn down????

Edited by a5king - 27 August 2006 at 8:43pm

Jmann4567 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmann4567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 8:41pm
How old is the gun, if it is old enough your internals could be worn and will need to be replaced. This just happened to me a couple weeks ago.
98c
Smart Parts Teardrop
Ricochet Rhino hopper
deadOn double trigger
Pen spring mod
Custom paintjob
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16221294395.jpg&s=f5

a5king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 8:44pm

i would say amolst 3 years old. What things need to be replaced? A new bolt??? and that part that trips the rear bolt?

Edited by a5king - 27 August 2006 at 9:06pm

a5king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 12:27am
bump.. any help????

RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 1:19am
Sear, Bolt, Powertube.. those are the main things.. unless you're valve isn't closeing when you air up so it's constantly firing..
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 10:17am
I would just say replace the sear and the hammer. It sounds like the straw mod caused some wear and tear.

a5king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 4:09pm
I guess i'll look into that. Thanks ekeboo!

Jmann4567 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmann4567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 9:17pm
Ya sorry, but i had to replace my sear and hammer and it now works fine. My gun is also about 3 years old.
98c
Smart Parts Teardrop
Ricochet Rhino hopper
deadOn double trigger
Pen spring mod
Custom paintjob
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16221294395.jpg&s=f5

a5king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 9:56pm
Aights, I'm gonna sound like a noob. Whats the Hammer?? Is it the rear bolt? Cause i looked in the manual and I did not see any part that was named Hammer. It would help a lot if you can list the part #.

RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 11:07pm
It is the rear bolt. The big metal thing in the back of the gun where the cocking rod sticks out of. The sear can cause that little lip where it catches on to wear down. Check your sear and hammer and see if the contact points for each have rounded off. If they aren't, it might be something else.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 11:50pm

Originally posted by a5king a5king wrote:

Aights, I'm gonna sound like a noob. Whats the Hammer?? Is it the rear bolt? Cause i looked in the manual and I did not see any part that was named Hammer. It would help a lot if you can list the part #.

Think about it. The trigger trips the sear which releases the "hammer'...that thing that slides forward and whacks the valve pin to open the valve...releasing the gas. Poorly identified with an inaccurate name calling it the "rear bolt."

If you have been using your marker at high rates of fire (full auto and bursts) the sear and the hammer notch wear rather quickly. At three years it is likely time to replace them. Available from Tippmannparts.com.

Looking at them to see if they are "rounded" off may not show much to the inexperienced eye. It is pretty much a given that those parts are worn and replacing them will solve your problems (if the tank is full).

a5king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 12:03am
Alright, Thanks Bruce A. Frank!!! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic