Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paintball bow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tripwire98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 7:15pm
How about we just stick to the basic of paintball, ok
A gun, some paint, a few buddies, and mabyee a hot chick or too. lol
Read the old posts and leave the ideas about falmethrowers, knives and bayonetts, bows and arrows as just that, ideas.
"Hey You, Dont tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, Divided we Fall"
Pink Floyd
"Hey You"

Honor A Vet.
Become a Volunteer bugler at www.buglesacrossamreica.org
Stang909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stang909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 9:22pm
here is a video of this AIRow Gun
never mind the link didnt work

Edited by Stang909 - 14 April 2007 at 9:23pm

Stang909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stang909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 9:25pm

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 10:50pm

Originally posted by site</P>
<P>Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World </P></TD><!--<td =GrayTD> </TD> -->
<TD =GrayTD>1 Bass Pro Mills Drive</TD>
<TD =GrayTD>Vaugh Ontario L4K2M9</TD>
<TD =GrayTD>905-326</TD>
<TD =GrayTD>Canada </TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<P>[/quote site

Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World 

1 Bass Pro Mills Drive Vaugh Ontario L4K2M9 905-326 Canada 

[/quote wrote:

Going there soon, gona look for one

Going there soon, gona look for one

lacr1240 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacr1240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2007 at 3:44pm
get a stick, tie a rubberband to both ends, get a paintball, put it on the band pull back and let go. its not that hard to make a simple paintball bow, unless u want a crossbow then i cant help u
Owned to the Dome!!
-------------------
we are the GWAGALAGA-socom-COGS!!!!!!
p_p_b_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p_p_b_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 5:32pm
heheh um type airrow gun in google and see what happens... lol its definatley the most accurate thing for paintball ive ever shot, but its really slow... one speedball guy and your really toast, not exactly the powerhouse, but definatley fun for face shots( gets about a 5inch, thats right, five inch target at about 60-70ft. its really acurate, if you want some amazing face shots, try this) its about $300, really quiet, and accurate, just 10 shots and very slow...if you get one come and play at my field and ill show you why we evolved from bows to electric guns...
stuffdogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 2:54pm
"Paint Bows / Crossbows / slingshots
Paint knife / bayonet
Paint thrower/flamethrower
Paint Grenades (i know they exist their just stupid tho)
Paint RPG/grenade launchers/bazookas
Paint landmines (see grenades)
"please stop posting these retarded OLD and pointless ideas, they don't work,"

What do you mean they don't work!!? I have made many kills with paint grenades, grenade launchers, landmines, blowguns and fake knifes. They are fun. So if you guys don't like the ideal of these things old or new you must not have much of an imagination so don't play with them and you won't have to worry about it. As for me I like to try new games and think it would be cool to play scenario with a bow or an all bow game. Being able to shoot 30bps is not a skill and in my opinion takes some of the fun out of the game. Yea, If all you want to do is play tournament speedball then there is no way you would want to play with one of these. As for me I like to play paintball commando in the woods with friends and have a good time. All the flashy speed ball stuff gets boring after a while.  When I started playing we all had pumps and I think it was a lot more fun. Hell, before paintball came out we used to play war with bb guns and dirt clots for grenades. (most fun ever)
It's all about fun so keep the ideals coming and before you shoot down an ideal try to look at it from another point of view!
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 4:15pm
Why in all hells did you bump this?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
stuffdogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 6:52pm
is there a problem?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 8:54pm
Yes, actually, there is. 

A) This thread was a week and a half old, finished, and in no way needed to be brought up again.

B) Not only are you a hypocrite by telling people to not "bash" the way you supposedly play, but then you bash speedball?  First of all, there is no league in the United States that allows 30 balls a second, and besides the Canadian Xball league, I don't think anywhere does.  Plus, it takes away the skill?  I'd absolutely love to see you try to hold a lane while fighting for the snake when your team is down 2 points with 4 minutes to go in the half.

C) How in the hell is a "paintball bow" have ANYTHING to do with your "ideals" of the game.

D) Please explain to me how you successfully used a "blowgun" as you claim to make an elimination in a paintball game without exhibiting unsafe practices in our sport?

E) No, you have not ever gotten a "kill" with a "paintknife." I don't care if you are playing a blind and deaf handicapped kid, no one would let you get close enough for you to draw on them with your sharpie.

Have a good day.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 1:25am
OH BURN!!!!
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
lt redneck View Drop Down
Guested for a bunch of reasons

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lt redneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Yes, actually, there is. 

A) This thread was a week and a half old, finished, and in no way needed to be brought up again.

B) Not only are you a hypocrite by telling people to not "bash" the way you supposedly play, but then you bash speedball?  First of all, there is no league in the United States that allows 30 balls a second, and besides the Canadian Xball league, I don't think anywhere does.  Plus, it takes away the skill?  I'd absolutely love to see you try to hold a lane while fighting for the snake when your team is down 2 points with 4 minutes to go in the half.

C) How in the hell is a "paintball bow" have ANYTHING to do with your "ideals" of the game.

D) Please explain to me how you successfully used a "blowgun" as you claim to make an elimination in a paintball game without exhibiting unsafe practices in our sport?

E) No, you have not ever gotten a "kill" with a "paintknife." I don't care if you are playing a blind and deaf handicapped kid, no one would let you get close enough for you to draw on them with your sharpie.

Have a good day.

have you ever tried to sneak up on someone out in the woods?  its not to hard.  the insects create a nice backdrop to cover your movements and if the intended target is moving themselves its even easier.

before i ever heard of paintball when all i had was laser tag i could sneek up to anyone on the field  day or night unheard and unseen. so before you say its impossible just try it. you may be surprised.

i dont believe he ever bashed speedball  he said it gets boring after a while.  and if you plan to use the paint bow in speed ball then you need to get shot a few hundred times.

i personally would love to get the paint bow but my bow is way to powerful for it

Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 4:31pm

As much as I hate to contribute to this trainwreck - "Rambo" kills are fairly common in the woods, and not entirely unheard of in speedball either.  You would be surprised.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

As much as I hate to contribute to this trainwreck - "Rambo" kills are fairly common in the woods, and not entirely unheard of in speedball either.  You would be surprised.

Rambo, maybe.

Not Rainbow Bright.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by lt redneck lt redneck wrote:

Yes, actually, there is. 

Have a good day.

have you ever tried to sneak up on someone out in the woods?  its not to hard.  the insects create a nice backdrop to cover your movements and if the intended target is moving themselves its even easier.

I'm sorry, there is no way in hell I can believe that you can get within arms reach of someone without them hearing you.  Unless they are in the middle of a gunfight with someone, insects are NOT enough noise to cover the sound of you moving through heavy ground foliage and twigs.

before i ever heard of paintball when all i had was laser tag i could sneek up to anyone on the field  day or night unheard and unseen. so before you say its impossible just try it. you may be surprised.

Again, especially with no noise, as it is in a laser tag game, I can't imagine anyone but a deaf kid being unable to hear you walk up behind them.

i dont believe he ever bashed speedball  he said it gets boring after a while.  and if you plan to use the paint bow in speed ball then you need to get shot a few hundred times.

I guess you decided to ignore where he said our supposed "30 balls a second takes away some of the skill?"

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 7:43pm
DO NOT ARGUE WITH TIPPMANN ARR AND DEEEEEE
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:35pm

Rambo, maybe.

Not Rainbow Bright.

Not sure what you mean...   But I have personally snuck up on, and been snuck up on by, other people on multiple occasions in the woods.  Happens to me at least once a season, and I don't play that much.

And that's not counting "infiltration" Rambo kills, where I simply walk boldly into the enemy camp and Rambo 4-5-6 people before getting shot a thousand times.

As to speedball - I've done it once, and seen it more than once.  I have also seen/done several point blank surrenders. 

I think you severely underestimate noobishness of many players.  Think of your run-by bunker move on somebody who is pinned down.  Now imagine that the soon-to-be bunkered player doesn't think to worry about the other side of the bunker, and you have a common situation in rookie speedball, which makes bunkering a very simple maneuver, and Ramboing perfectly possible.  I usually do a slow single-shot bunker in these situation, but will offer surrender if I am within 6 feet or so and their back is to me - which is not unusual.

You have to remember that you play mostly with people that don't suck.   :)

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
lt redneck View Drop Down
Guested for a bunch of reasons

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lt redneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 12:42pm

usaf dont say its impossible untill you try it.  im sure when your out playing you cant look in all directions at once.  unless you have mirrors glued to your mask there are blind spots. 

next time your out in the woods playing try to get into those blind spots and move in.  watch your step because the twigs can give you away.  but also remember their also stepping on twigs.

all im saying is nothing is impossible.  try it if you cant do it does that mean that nobody can ever get close enough?  ive seen videos and photos of people shot in the back at near point blank.  i know for a fact you cant get that close if they know your coming.  just try it and let me know how it goes. 

ok sorry i did forget about the 30 BPS but ya that would get old real fast.  still he said that speedball is fun for a while.  didnt seem to me like bashing.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by lt redneck lt redneck wrote:

next time your out in the woods playing try to get into those blind spots and move in.  watch your step because the twigs can give you away.  but also remember their also stepping on twigs.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for me to give it a go. 

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

You have to remember that you play mostly with people that don't suck.   :)

Duly Noted.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 3:14pm
Just to add to the discussion regarding being sneaky while stepping on twigs, moving through brush, etc.:  I have surprised people numerous times when I thought I shouldn't have because I made so much noise on the approach.  I've reached the following conclusions:
  • The noise you make sounds much louder to you than everyone else
  • Other people are making their own noises that are in many cases louder than yours and much closer to them
  • People's ears zone out the same way their eyes do when they get tunnel vision on a potential target.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic