Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My E-Grip problem...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2nd LT. USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My E-Grip problem...
    Posted: 18 October 2006 at 9:48pm
all these flashing lights! it doesnt fire im lost, i need some help how to just run the damn thing..
Setup:
Tippmann 98c
16" Progressive Barrel,Custom short barrel,Drop Forward,M4 Stock,HPA,CycloneFeeder,Polished Internals,E-Grip,Removed Frontgrip,Laser,Rocket Cock...

Bandit5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandit5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by 2nd LT. USMC 2nd LT. USMC wrote:

im lost

A lost Lieutenant!  Perish the thought!!!  (you can't spell lost without LT)

What exactly is the problem?  What have you done to try to fix it so far, and can we have a picture so we can see where you screwed up?  Also, did you put in a good battery?

Edited by Bandit5 - 18 October 2006 at 11:55pm
2nd LT. USMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2nd LT. USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 6:50am
battery seems fine, ill try another one i just need some help understanding the lights and getting to fire 
Setup:
Tippmann 98c
16" Progressive Barrel,Custom short barrel,Drop Forward,M4 Stock,HPA,CycloneFeeder,Polished Internals,E-Grip,Removed Frontgrip,Laser,Rocket Cock...

ollieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ollieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 8:42am
The WAS Egrip can be a pain.  If you bought your A5 new there is an addendum manual in the box that gives you the programming modes.  For starters all you need to do is insert your allen wrench into the top hole and push until the lights come on.  Immediately take the wrench out and it will automatically enter the firing mode.  Leave the rest of the settings alone until you've taken your marker out a few times and are familiar with it.
henchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 1:57am
And when you get tired of sticking an allen wrench in there, here's an easy trigger set-up.

I installed my new WAS trigger, and was annoyed to find out that you need to turn it on and off
by pressing the little internal switch.
Well, I found the mod that involved a piece of a pen, crazy glue and a small piece of sheet plastic, and
I wasn't too enamoured by this, IMO, somewhat flimsy solution, and wanted something a bit stronger.

So, after giving it some thought, I came up with what I think is an easier, more bulletporoof solution.

Simply get a small screw.
Grind the head down.
Insert it in front of the switch.

Done.

here's some pictures:

The screw with the head ground down:

Installed in the Trigger grip:

ollieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ollieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 9:57am
That looks like it has potential.  Have you used it?  If so, have you accidentally hit the switch when you gripped the trigger?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic