Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2007 spyder?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 spyder?
    Posted: 25 October 2006 at 8:41am

I had a chance to sling paint with Tom Cole of Bad Company this year at TWC and he mentioned a high quality/new Spyder for 07.  Is this a new gun?

¤ RaVeN ¤ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ¤ RaVeN ¤ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 8:47am
no its not new...its a spyder...their all the same...for the past how many years have they worked exactly the same as the year before? and its not even turney legal because if the rocker...just look at how they tried to design it...its the the forward cut slope of a D/PM, some of the dramatic milling to try and hide the fact that its the same as any other spyder, the barrel looks nothing special, my guess is it will cost around 300, which will  be fine i guess for a rec gun...but you wont be able to turney with it...
if i seem harsh, im really not...but my dad has an old spyder compact from like 10 years ago...the materials are strong and durable and it still works very well to this day, granted its not as advanced or as well tuned as curren markers like ions, and this new proto rail comming out, but it works well enough...it just seemes like over the years they made no effort to change anything and to be honest their quality went to crap...i have a spyder aggressor, the body bad alum. which chips away and takes damage easily and the bolt scratches way to easily as well...since their bodys and internals are not fine tuned well, just roughly thown together the bolt is all worn and scrached from internal parts scraping it...and its not that i dont take care of the gun...iv been playing since i was 9...so i know how to take care of a marker...my raptor dosent have a single flaw on it and its 8 years old...but it was also well built...

Edited by ¤ RaVeN ¤ - 25 October 2006 at 8:59am

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 2:10pm

Actually it is a new spyder and they work different now

The VS3 has the rocking trigger

The VS2 has the standard trigger

What is the VS Series

For more than two years we have looked for ways to create a paintball marker that captures all the elements of this sport’s futures including looks, rate of fire, efficiency, and feel. We have achieved these goals and will bring to market the NEW VS Series markers, built with 3G technology including a patent pending low pressure, high performance Balance Valve. The Spyder VS2 with Infiniti Trigger and Spyder VS3 with Rocking Trigger will utilize this 3G technology Balance Valve, making the marker operational at 200psi while maintaining incredible speed and ultimate comfort.

Looking for ways to evolve the Spyder product line, the VS Series paintball markers will include features like Break Beam Eyes, Electronic functions with a dual touch switch, a mini C/A regulator with on/off dial, a vertical adapter with low pressure gauge, a 12” two piece micro ported barrel, a low rise adjustable feed neck, and a Delrin bolt with lock cocking knob. The Spyder VS2 will come standard with the VS Infiniti Trigger providing a fluid feel to the marker with a 25 shot per second firing rate. The VS3 will come standard with a VS Rocking Trigger allowing up to 30 shots per second with two contact points for a maximum rate of fire. Both markers will maintain a sleek all Aluminum body style allowing the user to feel connected to the speed, and accuracy of the VS Series.

Knowing that all paintball players are unique, we have created custom dust finish color Body Kits to individualize your VS marker. The custom five piece Body Kits will come available in Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue and will include eye covers, feed neck, low pressure chamber, rubber fore grip, and a striker plug. Also available is the Spyder 14” two piece Aero twist barrel with optional color tips to enhance the look, and accuracy of the VS marker.

The fluid all Aluminum VS Series receiver design protects the internal 3G technology patent pending Balance Valve that allows the marker to operate at 200psi. While keeping state of the art design in mind, we have developed this custom valve that can attribute to the speed, and “never before experienced” feeling you get while shooting the VS Series markers. The 3G technology also incorporates a lightweight striker, softer springs, and an increase in chamber capacity enhancing the low pressure functionality of the VS marker.

We showed the VS markers to the public at the last three pro level paintball events. “There were lines of people wanting to be the first to hold the markers. The response was well received, as we have put our time and dedication into making this marker the future of paintball”, says Event Manager Jason Donaldson.

“This is an exciting time for Spyder,” says Arthur Chang, CEO of Kingman Group. “We have put forth great efforts to give the paintball player a reliable product with the VS Series marker, which will include never before seen speed, comfort, and efficiency.” He continues, “We have always worked hard to maintain our leadership in the paintball industry and the value of Spyder markers will continue to grow as we provide products that are dedicated to the latest technology and future of this sport. We couldn’t be more excited about the upcoming release of our 3rd generation Spyder and the direction in which we are headed.”

MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 3:18pm

haha...the banner says its the future of paintball...

I'm sorry, but spyder will never be the future of anything.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 3:42pm
I must say its surpirising, tho... im interested to see if it actually is different than any spyder before it.
RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 3:44pm
i really dont see spyder being the future of paintball it looks like its going to be the same as an ion... just another marker for little brat kids to come out and shoot fast and think they are the greatest... its probably going to make kingman if thats still what there called a lot of money... because upgrades and everything you can probably do to them you will have to purchase... and the only way you will be able to tell them apart is the sweet body kits
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 4:07pm
Haters...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 4:22pm

^^ Ya seriously once someone has a bad exspeirence with spyders they automaticaly think every other one is bad. Give em a chance

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 4:23pm
Initially it looks like a new wrapper for the same old stuff.  No mention of new internals really.  Judging by the location of the bolt pull pin they didn't even shorten the stroke or the length of the bolt.  It would be easy for them to shorten the bolt length which would drop moving mass and speed up cycle times.
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 4:44pm

I think if they are going to totally redesign a gun they would use new internals but ya never know

and you know all the cool "agg"(god i hate that word) kids will never give it a chance

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 4:52pm

^Without a doubt.

It really doesnt look that bad and I'm sure I'll see a few at the field. Hopefully I get the chance to shoot one.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 4:59pm

This kid happens to have a fully whacked out Victor using all stock parts except a reg., valve spring and striker spring.  It cycles at below 200 psi.  All mods are commonplace other than the "Lightningbolt 54 gram stock striker mod".

It's all speculation at this point for me as far as the new gun goes.

Don't mind the Max-Flo I just wanted to see what it might look like with it on.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 25 October 2006 at 5:03pm
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 5:05pm
Well atleast they made it alittle more efficient.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 5:30pm

guys, it has eyes, a reg, low pressure, a fancy on/off, adjuastable trigger, the grip frame off of the old lcd angel (look alike, anyway), and a high-cap board.  how is it "the same thing"?

personally, i'm a spyder fan.  I shot a friend's pilot the other day, and with some minor trigger mods, they can be quite fast.  I'm sure this one will be better..  due to the new trigger design, and low pressure. 

I might pick one of these up, scratch the spyder logos off, and when the agg kids ask what it is, i'll tell them it's a spyder.

X
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 5:31pm

Looking at the operating manual, Kingman has added some nice features.  The adjustability of the trigger looks nice and the asa/reg. set-up looks to be a good move too but as far as being a totally new design it's possibly a true electro pneumatic with still the same basic stack tube design,with some adjustments which isn't a bad thing.  Time after time we see many companies making minor tweaks on new models.  What's the new DM?.....DM74?  These are the moves companies make that allow kids to have the latest and greatest and it allows me to pick up their old, used junk for cheap....................

http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/vs2.pdf

Edited by Lightningbolt - 25 October 2006 at 5:35pm
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 5:33pm

i know this is probably a very stupid question but do they come with expansion chambers can u use co2?

i really want a vs3 will probably save up and ask for money for christmas for it.

tell me why is an infiniti trigger better than a normal double?

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 5:36pm

these guns might be true electro pneumatic.  c02 may be a no-no

but then again I spotted a sear in the schematics.  This is truely what sets them apart from other tourney guns in that you can use c02.  It's a good thing.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 25 October 2006 at 5:40pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

i know this is probably a very stupid question but do they come with expansion chambers can u use co2?

Kingman suggests running HPA, and it's a reg, no an x.

i really want a vs3 will probably save up and ask for money for christmas for it.

Wave design and it looks cool.

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

these guns might be true electro pneumatic.  c02 may be a no-no

but then again I spotted a sear in the schematics.

Nope, it's an electromech.

Edited by DeTrevni - 25 October 2006 at 5:40pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

it's a kingman trigger.  it's what they pattented it as...  it's a fancy double trigger.  i'm sure they'll make a veriant that will be available for regular e-spyders...
X
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 5:53pm

so is it really any faster?

i want the vs3 anyways, rocking trigger is very fast.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic