Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone and Remote

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Random Hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone and Remote
    Posted: 29 October 2006 at 8:22pm
Ok so today was the first time i had played with my A5 since ive purchased it. On Friday i bought my friends PMI remote. So yesterday after i got my tanks filled, i fired the gun with tank off gun, and it fired. What i didnt think about was to look and see if the cyclone was actually spinning. So today when i got to play i notice my gun will shoot a couple and sometimes it skips shots. Now i know all about if you turn the valve to much it will cut off air flow, i found this out yesterday and got that problem straightened out. What was occuring today was most of the time my gun would make the sound as if it was firing but no paintballs were coming out. So i experimented a little, i fired my gun with paint while i had tank on gun, and my gun fired correctly, then i fired it with my tank on remote, it fired the first couple, then it stopped but still made the firing sound. So i do the same thing with my hopper off, and the cyclone was not spinning. I even repeated the tank on gun, tank off gun process when i got home and the gun fired good with tank on gun but not so much with tank on remote. I think not enough air is getting to the cyclone so it can feed the balls.
Bandit5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandit5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2006 at 8:53pm
Tippmann has had a lot of complaints about A-5s not working with remote lines.  Their suggestion is to not use a remote.  But if you say your gun is firing correctly, only the cyclone is not spinning, I think the Vortex mod might help you at least a little in this regard.

I also think not all remotes are created equally.  Try different coiled remotes and see if it works better for you.
A Random Hero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Random Hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2006 at 9:12pm
well i just tryed an alternative by attaching my remote to the ASA and the cyclone spun perfectly. Also i have a QEV on my gun.

Edited by A Random Hero - 30 October 2006 at 5:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic