Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 pump
    Posted: 18 November 2006 at 10:54pm
i wish there was a pump kit for an A-5 or 98c
it wold be kinda hard to do with a A-5 but a 98c wold be easy . just take off the front grip , cut the sear that holds the bolt back or somehting and then put  guide rod in with a block of plastik for the pump and there you go . wold this work?

im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 11:27pm

There is one for the 98c. It's Austrailian. I don't know what the link is though...

For your idea to work, you'd need to mod the valve or make a new one that won't blowback. It's blowback that recocks the hammer.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 11:27pm

why?

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 11:29pm

Pump play > *

That's why. Plus, it would be efficient.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

strykerx15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 1:00am
it wold ad some fun to milsim . almost like a shot gun kinda thing .

im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 1:10am

Originally posted by strykerx15 strykerx15 wrote:

it wold ad some fun to milsim . almost like a shot gun kinda thing .

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/series-markers-rap68-shotgun-c- 21_158_337.html

i would get a phantom if i was gona go pump

strykerx15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 1:20am
well i wold like to just use what i have . thats all . a phantom is awesome .. i want one really bad . are they accuret? also i think a A-5 pump wold look kool
i think im going pump with a semi pistol lol
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 3:36am
phantoms are really awesome, supposed to be quite accurate
an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 12:15pm

here is a MOD 98 with the pump kit on.

http://model98.org/gallery/ghost.php

they were made cause Alstralia made a stupid law banning all semi guns. Tippmann 98s were also banned. so somone made a kit to make them pump only. finaly the law was changed to have Paintball guns exempt from the law. I have no idea where you can get one though.

1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by strykerx15 strykerx15 wrote:

well i wold like to just use what i have . thats all . a phantom is awesome .. i want one really bad . are they accuret? also i think a A-5 pump wold look kool
i think im going pump with a semi pistol lol

Phantom's are very accurate, I've had no valid reason to replace the stock barrel on mine. (You know it's good when I can't justify wasting more money on paintball.)
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2006 at 11:55am
phantoms are really good pumps. I'll just leave my A-5 the way it is.
Galm </\> Zero View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galm </\> Zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 7:08am
I'm acutally going to do this with my old 98. Hell I've got my nerve and my 98 Custom Pro, why not? Think of how accurate 98's are when you one shot them.
For after all what's man in nature? A central point in between nothing & all, infinitely far from understanding either.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 3:52pm

That pump kit is neat. To answer the question someone asked about the A5 earlier:

• To use something like that you would have to make an opening in the side of the A5 body
  • You would probably have to use a model 98 bolt (for the pump rod to tie into)
  • You would need another rod on the other side that operated the cyclone feed (I guess you could leave it air operated, but it's hard to say how it would work with the other mods)
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 3:58pm
cyclone feed would be tough to do as it is operated by the blowback pressure from the valve. We're talking air that you wouldn't want coming out to make it a true pump as it would kick the hammer back into position without you having to pump it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a used angel for cheap.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

cyclone feed would be tough to do as it is operated by the blowback pressure from the valve. We're talking air that you wouldn't want coming out to make it a true pump as it would kick the hammer back into position without you having to pump it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a used angel for cheap.

I was thinking you could tie into the external manual operated feed system on the right side.

Good luck with that cheap used angel thing.
buffaloclone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffaloclone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 10:36pm

ok i no how to mod your 98c in 2 a pump. fitst find some topic that says that there is something rong with there gun and it uncockes itsself. read it then break yout gun so you have the same problem. then ag a moveing grip that has a pole on the cocking rod so when you pump it re cockes

AC/DC rocks!!!!!!
an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 12:34am
Originally posted by buffaloclone buffaloclone wrote:

ok i no how to mod your 98c in 2 a pump. fitst find some topic that says that there is something rong with there gun and it uncockes itsself. read it then break yout gun so you have the same problem. then ag a moveing grip that has a pole on the cocking rod so when you pump it re cockes

OK Im not sure what he just said. All I got was he knows how to make a 98 into a pump, something about a broken gun topic & something about breaking your gun.

Please explain... in English

1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 12:35am
Originally posted by buffaloclone buffaloclone wrote:

^very nice idea, breaking your gun! 

I'd say just get a PGP
buffaloclone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffaloclone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 9:53pm
ok, il say it slowley. make it so youe gun neebs 2 be cocked every time. simple as that.
AC/DC rocks!!!!!!
Snick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2006 at 7:31am
or just remove the o-ring on the rear hammer. that will in all practical purposses eliminate the blowback gasses pushing the rear bolt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic